Ellen RATner on Fox - hoping that the war goes badly for America!!

PDA

islander-11
January 2, 2003, 11:25 PM
I'm passing this along from a Free Republic post. RATner, the screaming liberal, is being interviewed by Brenda Buttner of Fox. A fellow Freeper, Paul Atreides, transcribed this:

My transcript of Ellen Ratner's comment on Your World, December 28, 2002
Posted on 12/28/2002 3:42 PM CST by Paul Atreides

I taped Ellen RATner's predictions to Brenda Buttner as she filled in on Your World with Neil Cavuto. Here is my transcript of her comments:

BB: You basically saying that he's going to be reelected, I mean essentially unless the economy tanks...

ER: That is unless he messes up the war....my hope.

BB: Your hope?!

ER: Well, I don't want him to be reelected.

BB: Right, but I mean, 'mess up the war,' what do you mean by that?

ER: Do something that will make Americans say 'Maybe we shouldn't have done this.' You know, that kind of thing.

There it is, folks. Pretty patriotic, don't you think? I e-mailed a batch of folks at Fox to let them know how I felt. Please feel free to join in if you're so inclined... Here's some addresses:

mailto:comments@foxnews.com - general comments
mailto:roger.ailes@foxnews.com
mailto:hannity@foxnews.com
mailto:fns@foxnews.com
mailto:warstories@foxnews.com - Oliver North
mailto:oreilly@foxnews.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Ellen RATner on Fox - hoping that the war goes badly for America!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 3, 2003, 12:08 AM
It came from RATner. Were you expecting anytjong else form her!

Jeff White
January 3, 2003, 12:12 AM
...Ellen Radner has a job with Fox, strictly so she can present an alternative viewpoint. That's what she's paid to do.

I'll withold judgement until I find out exactly what she meant by "messes up the war". There is a big difference between opposing a policy and treason. If she's hoping that the war puts a strain on the economy that will give the Dems an issue to campaign on that's one thing, if she's hoping to see footage of C17s unloading a lot of flag draped aluminum shipping containers at Dover, that's something else again.

Hoping that your opponents policies don't work out, so the electorate will see the wisdom of your ideas is the way politics is played.

How many times did I here similar things from our side during the Clinton years? "Let the American people see what they've elected, the Democrats won't hold the Whitehouse again for two generations" or similar comments were posted on TFL all the time.

I haven't worn a uniform for 28 years so we can try to silence dissenting speech.

Sorry, I refuse to be upset about this.

Jeff

Rangerover
January 3, 2003, 01:08 AM
I haven't worn a uniform for 28 years so we can try to silence dissenting speech
I don't want her muzzled, either.

That said, she's one very vile human being.

dinosaur
January 3, 2003, 08:22 AM
J`ever notice the good looking women on Fox lean one way and the RATner`s lean another?:evil:

2nd Amendment
January 3, 2003, 11:47 AM
It's interesting how the left is always willing to sacrifice lives and country to see what they want come to pass. All while continuing to mouth platitudes about diversity and tolerance.

I hear the next Websters edition will list Leftist as definition 4 of Hypocrite.

islander-11
January 3, 2003, 03:30 PM
In reply to Jeff White - first of all, thank you for your service to our country. As for the right of RATner to make her statements, I agree with you - those rights are absolute. As for having difficulty discerning what her intent was, can you explain how else her "wish" could come true without the horror of American soldiers killed? That's the reason that I was pissed about her comments. It's akin to Jane Fonda, in my book.

Here's the text of my e-mails that I sent to the Fox people (the transcript removed here but included in the e-mails):

"I understand that the Fox News Network wishes to be fair and balanced but Ratner’s statement was far removed from a normal partisan jab. I cannot interpret her statement to be anything other than a wish for harm to come to the brave men and women of our Armed Services.

Please hold this idiot’s feet to the fire. As the legal guardian of a young man who will be at Fort Benning on June 20, 2003 to begin his service to our country, it disgusts me that someone with such political influence could toss out so callous and traitorous a comment."

Not censorship. Just outrage. I refuse NOT to be upset about a statement like this (remember Trent Lott - seems trivial by comparison, I think...).

If you enjoyed reading about "Ellen RATner on Fox - hoping that the war goes badly for America!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!