SKYY CPX-1 - Impressions

PDA

FunYet
January 31, 2006, 01:08 AM
I picked up a 9mm CPX-1 on a whim and had a chance to take it out to the range today.

Initial Impressions:

Easier to shoot than I thought it would be. The recoil is not much worse than my S&W 442 with +P. It's easy to get a good solid grip on the gun. For a while I kept grouping just to the right of my point of aim and was sure it was a problem with the sights. I figured out I was pulling the gun a bit to the right and was able to correct my point of impact by changing my grip.

After 100+ rounds the web of my hand hurt a bit, but that's to be expected.

The trigger pull is pretty smooth, much smoother than the Kel-Tec P11 I shot once upon a time.

The gun is probably a bit smaller than a Glock 26, very close to a Kel-Tec P11 (this is not a slam on Kel-Tec, just a comparisson).

I shot an assortment of ammo; 115 gr Winchester White Box FMJ, some 124gr Nyclads and some White Box hollow points (115gr). I had a few stovepipes but I'm almost sure I was limpwristing when they happened; I was getting tired.

My final assessment of the gun is still on hold. I need to spend more time with it. I'm not sure this gun provides any advantage over my Glock 26. It may be an alternative to a snubby revolver. At $250 I thought it was worth a try.

No pictures but the SKYY web site is http://www.skyyindustries.com/gun_cpx-1tt.html

If you enjoyed reading about "SKYY CPX-1 - Impressions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "SKYY CPX-1 - Impressions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!