Gun powder scent

PDA

Yohan
January 2, 2003, 10:30 PM
For some reason, I just love the scent of gun powder. Does anyone else feel the same? Maybe it's because it reminds me of gun ranges. :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun powder scent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PATH
January 2, 2003, 10:36 PM
I know for certain then that you have never shot any Wolf ammo!

Yohan
January 2, 2003, 10:37 PM
Nope- haven't tried them- why? ;)

hansolo
January 2, 2003, 10:39 PM
Oh Yeah! Especially when I fire Sellier&Bellot .38 Special through my S&W M/P.:cool: I never fired S&B as a kid, but it hits my memory/pleasure center really nice!

JPM70535
January 2, 2003, 10:45 PM
There is nothing so fine as the smell of BLUEDOT in the morning.

The 2nd amendment makes all the others possible.

PATH
January 2, 2003, 10:52 PM
Wolf ammo has a peculiar ammonia smell to it!

Yohan
January 2, 2003, 11:10 PM
Ammonia! Is that another defensive measure? Even if you miss, the smell would be bad enough to disable the BG.

JPM, interestingly enough, I know someone who goes by the name of jpm07308! You had me confused there for a minute :uhoh:

Sven
January 2, 2003, 11:11 PM
Try Wolf Match .22 - too sweet to handle.

Gordon
January 2, 2003, 11:25 PM
If you have a heart condition I strongly reccomend opening a can of Bullseye and making like a brandy sniffer- ah love that smell!:D

Zorro
January 2, 2003, 11:30 PM
Before or After Firing?

Before, usually it is Ethyl Ether.

:evil:

dfrog
January 2, 2003, 11:35 PM
Does gunpowder really have an odor? Maybe I'm just use to it and never smell a thing.

Gordon
January 2, 2003, 11:36 PM
Ethyl ether huh? uh where can I get some?Here I thought it was the nitroglycerine.:cool:

Mike Irwin
January 3, 2003, 12:34 AM
Some powders smell good.

Wolf smells like ammonia to me. Not uncommon for Combloc ammo.

Fiocchi just smells TERRIBLE.

We need a smilie of a little guy holding its nose.

Skunkabilly
January 3, 2003, 12:38 AM
Wolf ammo, ammonia? More like grinding teef at the dentist.

Federal shotshells smell the best.

Carbon_15
January 3, 2003, 01:14 AM
The only Wolf ammo I've tried was in .223 and it smelled like hot cat wee-wee...disgusting and it broke my extractor. S&B shotshells smell like a kerosene heater and burn my throat.
Other than that, I just love the smell of spent gunpowder. Fresh, unburned Bluedot smells pretty dang good too.

Navy joe
January 3, 2003, 01:59 AM
Eley primed .22 MMMM! Most any shotgun shell smells great freshly fired.

4v50 Gary
January 3, 2003, 02:24 AM
Ahhh, the smell of blackpowder in the morning.

sm
January 3, 2003, 03:49 AM
I always loaded with Winchester powders.

Agree with Mike, need a smilie holding its nose--Fiocchi , never shot Wolf--I'll take your word for it tho'

Azrael256
January 3, 2003, 03:57 AM
I've never had a very strong sense of smell, and I'm sure these cigarettes don't help, but just the thought of the smell brought it back to my mind so strongly that I could actually smell it. CCI and Remington .22 ammo in the pasture with dad and our labrador Cordelia. He set a tin can on the ground 40 yards away and cried when I put my first 10 rounds in a 3" group. Now, I couldn't hit a barn if I was standing inside with that rifle. Good memories come with that smell.

m.i.sanders
January 3, 2003, 05:31 AM
Wolf's not too bad, but then again I can't smell much. But I do love the smell of gunpowder.

DadOfThree
January 3, 2003, 06:02 AM
I love the smell of spent shotgun shells! Takes me back to hunting with my Dad.

Sleeping Dog
January 3, 2003, 07:51 AM
I like the smell of most gunpowder. The wolf (russian) ammo does stink pretty bad and burns dirty. But it's cheap. The wolf .22LR is different stuff, german, and it smells sweet, sorta like acetone.

Then there's black powder...

Regards.

foghornl
January 3, 2003, 10:24 AM
Had a guy in the next lane shooting Wolf 45ACP. I asked him if the propellant in that stuff was maybe 1 or 2 parts 'wolf droppings'.... :D

whitebear
January 3, 2003, 10:34 AM
My 13-year-old son shoots 3-position smallbore for our club team, and practices at the club's indoor range. He and I can always tell when someone is shooting Remington Standard Velocity Target - it leaves a "dry, catchy" taste in the back of our mouths for the rest of the evening!

Rangie
January 3, 2003, 01:05 PM
I love the smell of blackpowder.

The .22 Colibris smell like crazy glue. :p

BigG
January 3, 2003, 01:13 PM
Black Powder the original smell of powder. Phew! :eek:

Poodleshooter
January 3, 2003, 01:23 PM
All powders smell....but you can taste blackpowder in the air!

....and it tastes terrible! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun powder scent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!