i shot for crap today

PDA

boogalou
April 11, 2003, 08:13 PM
What do the rest of you do when your shooting sucks. I shot my Sistema, .45 Witness, and CZ83 today and although I was making some nice groups at 15 yards with the Sistema, I was all over the paper with the Witness. And every once in a while, the gun would go on safety. I was getting so frustrated that when I went back to the Sistema, my groups opened up. The more I concentrated, the worse it got. Then I shot my CZ until the darn thing starting FTF after almost every round! All in all, it was a sobering experience, because I know I can shoot better then that.

Anyone else have that day when nothing seems to go right? :(

If you enjoyed reading about "i shot for crap today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Soap
April 11, 2003, 08:17 PM
Happens to the best of us! I just cure it with the following recipie:

Take out the mag.

Clear Chamber.

Check Chamber.

Check Magwell.

Check Chamber again.

Check Chamber again.

Dryfire for 10-30 minutes per day.

Standing Wolf
April 11, 2003, 10:18 PM
Some days are like that. They're especially aggravating when, on your way to the range, you feel in top form.

Practice, more practice, and lots more practice help—but even then, there are just bad days at the range.

P95Carry
April 11, 2003, 11:06 PM
yep ..... some range days suck!!:p :D been there.

Oh well, this Sunday promises to be a tad different ..... buddy is bringin along his MAC-10 .... and my 300 or so 9mm homeloads will i think get spat out far too quick ... 1100 rpm is ''ammo eatin'' time!

I will of course also try and shoot some ''sensible'' guns!!:D :neener: What the heck ...... as long as it's enjoyable.

cool45auto
April 11, 2003, 11:06 PM
I guess its like anything else, you have your good days and bad days. I've kept some of my more impressive targets from good days. The bad day targets I look over after the session then toss out. I have more good days than bad ones thank goodness. I don't let it discourage me, I just hope I'm better next time.

jptsr1
April 12, 2003, 11:16 AM
All you can do is keep shooting and it will come back. I consider how I do on my bad days more indicative of me as a shooter than how I do on my good days. If I can squeeze out a few tight groups on my worst shooting days I am happier then when I'm passing everything through the same jagged hole on an easy day. But that’s just me. Anyway, it’s nothing another few boxes of ammo won’t fix!

J.

larryw
April 12, 2003, 12:27 PM
Nothing like a few boxes of 22 to get you back on track on those days.

Tman
April 12, 2003, 07:38 PM
I will shoot like that when I'm tired, haven't eaten, been driving all day, or on days that end in "y". ;)

cslinger
April 12, 2003, 10:39 PM
A simple remedy for the ole' I shot for crap range day.

12 Gauge Therapy.

Simply take out your handy dandy 12 gauge.
Load up with bird shot or something else with lots of pellets.
Put a shoot and see target on a target.
Roll target out to about say 7-10 yards.
Take aim, pull trigger.
Watch shoot and see go from completely black to all yellow in a microsecond.

Repeat as necessary or until grinning like a little kid.

Chris

Lennyjoe
April 13, 2003, 05:46 AM
At least you got to shoot.:(

I havent shot since Dec.

50 more days though and thats gonna change:D

Frohickey
April 13, 2003, 09:37 PM
yep... happened to me.

Set up a Shoot-n-Move stage, for use in low light. Borrowed a gun from a guy, a Glock 17 with no night-sights, and a flashlight from another guy, Surefire E2E.

First 2 targets at 5 yards from the start box had COM shots, scoot over behind barricade. Engage 2 far targets (at 10 yards) from barricade and do 2 more COM shots each. Then move to another barricade, break cover, threat-manage last target with a hostage, going for the CNS shot, fired at this last target from 5 yards....
MISSED!!!! :(

280PLUS
April 13, 2003, 10:01 PM
instead of gettin' all frustrated up, take a break, relax, 15 min or so, then try again.

once you start getting all p.o.'d your accuracy goes right down the tubes, and then it only gets worse.

learn to break the downward spiraling cycle

then work on trigger control

dry fire...

i got no time to go into it deeper right now.

maybe tomorrow i'll pick it up some more...

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "i shot for crap today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!