Winchester APEX

PDA

Jaegermeister
April 12, 2003, 12:19 AM
I read a review of the new Winchester APEX in American Hunter and was impressed. I then got a catalog from Winchester Muzzleloading and found out more. Winchester Muzzleloading is a license held by another company that is also a parent of CVA. Basically, Winchester is the Lexus, CVA is the Toyota.

I went to a local Dunham's Sporting Goods and handled a Winchester X-150, a bolt action version of the Apex, which is basically a falling block. The X-150 seemed very well made was and on the heavy side, somthing I actually liked. Metal fitting and finish were perfect in gray SS.

I compared it to a T/C Omega and was actually more impressed with the Winchester that is made in Spain. The T/C has a hollow stock that seemed cheap. The Omega has multiple pivot points and, but the APEX will have one pivot point and a sealed trigger mechanism.

Things are going to be quite competitive in the in-line arena this summer up until fall.

If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester APEX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Winchester APEX" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!