Engraving Pearlite grips?

PDA

MatthewVanitas
February 3, 2006, 02:10 AM
Might be picking up a set of Pearlite grips for a pistol. Will tell you which one after I buy them, and will post pics after I do.

Purely out of curiousity, how easy/hard is it to engrave into Pearlite and have it look half decent? Tools, methods? I know one member has Hello Kitty engraved pearlite grips for his better-half, so it can be done.

Oh, and before anyone makes the obvious jokes:

PATTON: PEARL + GUN = N.O. PIMP

Thus, officially, anyone who posts that joke has clearly not bothered to read the thread.

In any case, thanks for any info. Will post pics of my Sistema 1911 with the bone grips tomorrow.

-MV

If you enjoyed reading about "Engraving Pearlite grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
OH25shooter
February 5, 2006, 03:10 PM
Don't know anything about this person, but I've checked his site from time to time and he has quite a few engravings. Here: www.jmbdistribution.com.

Car Knocker
February 5, 2006, 06:13 PM
I thought Patton's guns had ivory grips? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Engraving Pearlite grips?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!