Howa Rifles

PDA

AWL
February 3, 2006, 06:56 PM
Does Howa make a good rifle? I know Howa makes the vanguard for Weatherby so I figure it must be good by association. There is a shop selling the Howa Bolt action .270 with stainless barrel and walnut stock for $350.00. Any of you guys have any experience with these rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Howa Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
February 3, 2006, 07:19 PM
they make good rifles for the money - but at $350, i'd hunt down something like a 700 adl.

rbernie
February 3, 2006, 09:03 PM
Dakotasin - can you really get a stainless/wood 700 ADL for $350? Most that I see around here are pushing five bills.

I think that the Howa is a fine rifle - I've had one and was impressed with its fit-n-finish. Shot like a champ, too.

Rockstar
February 3, 2006, 09:25 PM
The more cogent question would be where would you get a Howa for LESS than $350? :cool: Next time you see a new ADL (they're not made anymore) for $350, let me know where, and I'll buy several.

kaferhaus
February 3, 2006, 09:26 PM
Howa make a decent rifle for the money. I've owned a few of them, for big game hunting they'll do fine. Mine have not been sub MOA rifles, but decent enough and on par with most rifles costing a hundred bucks more.

I'd look at a Savage if I were you.... The new Stevens 200 sells for under $300 new. I've never had a Savage that wouldn't put 3 inside an inch with good ammo...

The scope that comes on the Howa needs to go straight to the trashcan so I wouldn't look at it as a +. The mounts that come with it are marginal too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Howa Rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!