Met The President Yesterday

PDA

NavyDoc
April 12, 2003, 08:06 AM
The President came over to Walter Reed yesterday and pinned the purple heart on one one of my patients.

Tom Douglas is a spec op guy that was shot up pretty bad in theater. Req 19 units of blood, which, obviously saved his life. (GIVE BLOOD PEOPLE!) The amazing thing about this pic is how good he looks. He came to us intubated and comatose. God Bless this guy. Very strong individual.
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030411/capt.1050100180.war_bush_wx106.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Met The President Yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thumper
April 12, 2003, 08:19 AM
And God bless you too, Doc...Good show!

Bulldozer
April 12, 2003, 10:02 AM
I don't seem to recollect former President "Is" "Is" doing anything like that?!

Every day that passes makes me so glad that I voted for Bush. I cannot even imagine how terrible the world would be with a Gore presidency.

pdh
April 12, 2003, 10:22 AM
Yes to what Thumper said big time.May God Bless you Doc and all of our brave men and women fighting to protect this great nation of ours.
This President we have and all of our military men and woman have made me so proud to be an American.
My prayers and heart goes out to the ones that made the supreme sacrifice and their families.

NavyDoc
April 12, 2003, 10:40 AM
Just finished with morning rounds. SFC Douglas is doing fine. I can't go into the full details of his wounds due to privacy considerations, but signs do point to full recovery. As for return to full duty, it depends on how able he will be able to perform his duties. We are talking about a very long rehab process here due to multiple wounds, but he is one strong and determined individual, so I'm optimistic for him. Will keep y'all updated.

Leatherneck
April 12, 2003, 10:48 AM
Hey Doc,
Please give SFC Douglas a heartfelt "Thanks" from all of us at THR, and tell him we appreciate his sacrifice and are praying for his complete recovery. I wish I could be by his side to cheer him and encourage him during the painful rehab that's to come. And thank you, too, Doc.
Tom Carter

M2HMGHB
April 12, 2003, 03:06 PM
I agree with leatherneck in everything he said. Couldn't have said it better myself. Keep up the good work Doc. Hopefully you won't be getting any more patients.

ACP230
April 12, 2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks for your service, Navy Doc.

And thanks for posting this story and others like it here.

They point out that the guy up front with the M16 needs, and has, a lot of support behind him while he does his job.

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 05:35 PM
Missed you today, NavyDoc- too bad you had to work.
Bulldozer, a former president (yup, that guy) did try to visit a high ranking general while the general was a patient- get this- the general refused to see him. Classic!
Here are a bunch of patients who are being treated at Walter Reeds pain clinic for their wounds. WRAMC has one of the best, most aggressive pain clinics in the country, FYI.
Hope this picture comes thru!

C-http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cpileri/7.jpg
This patient met the docs standing at attention, then fell to his knees from the pain he is sufferring from a jump accident. He was VERY excited to meet the president.

BTW: anyone near raleigh,NC; he and his wife own an art and wine gallery that they just opened in December or so- and are trying to get it to float. Please stop in and show your support. Have a drink. etc.

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 05:38 PM
Another one- and I'll post the address of the art/wine gallery ASAP.

C-http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cpileri/8.jpg

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 05:39 PM
Too many good soldiers to list!
C-
http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cpileri/9.jpg

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 05:43 PM
This tech sgt says if he loses his limbs (he wont!) he will resort to biting!
C- http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/cpileri/10.jpg
he is telling the President about the indwelling catheter that is providing pain relief to his leg.

Kaylee
April 12, 2003, 05:48 PM
wow.. that's some tough guys ya got there. :(

God Bless 'em all... and you.

-K

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 05:57 PM
Here's the address:
April & George Gallery & Wine Bar
414 Glenwood
Raleigh, NC
919-828-9082

Help em out!
SHould I post this in a seperate thread?
C-

NavyDoc
April 12, 2003, 06:01 PM
Carl....heard the boy made out like a bandit! Hope the b-day was fun for all. Busy call night ahead. Another planeload inbound w at least 2 more ICU players. I'll see ya tomorrow. We do need to organize an area shoot in the near future.

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 06:07 PM
Yeah, the boy did well for a 2 year old.
there were 9 kids and all their attendants (parents) there at once- it was like Romper Room. But it was fun.

I heard that we were getting another batch of soldiers. I am on 3 times in the next 6 days, so I'm sure it'll be busy.

Area shoot? Always up for one! Got a Czech 98/22 I'd like to try out.
C-

NavyDoc
April 12, 2003, 06:24 PM
I'll see ya tomorrow....I've a feeling I'll have no sleep. Apparently PFC Lynch is inbound on this plane as well. (I saw it on CNN this morning so I'm not letting any cats out of any bags). I hear she will be up on ward 72...what the heck...she deserves it more than some of the people I've seen up there.
I would like to get Syd's ar15 back to Fulton before the next shoot. Some extraction problems....but we've many other toys to play with , eh?

cpileri
April 12, 2003, 06:30 PM
It was on CNN?!?! OK, then that's what I heard too. Otherwise i have no idea what yer talikng about.
C-

P95Carry
April 12, 2003, 06:51 PM
Navy Doc ........... http://www.patriotnetwork.net/images/smilies/salute.gif

cool45auto
April 12, 2003, 08:32 PM
I'm proud of you Doc. Tell everyone we're behind them 100% and we hope they get well soon. :)

Selfdfenz
April 12, 2003, 11:25 PM
I hope they all get well and live long, long lives.
S-

CAP
April 12, 2003, 11:34 PM
God bless the troops.

Ed Brunner
April 12, 2003, 11:55 PM
Please make sure these troops know how much we appreciate them. Thank you too.:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Met The President Yesterday" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!