Mods for Winchester 94

PDA

S-p-a-r-k-s
February 4, 2006, 07:23 PM
I have a brand new Winny 94 Ranger.
I would like to know if there is a way for the eject to be
set as in the old ones where the shell ejects straight back
over your shoulder.
Does anyone know of any mods and is this possible?
I am left handed and it would make it alot nicer:)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mods for Winchester 94" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rupestris
February 4, 2006, 07:34 PM
I have one of each. Top Eject and an Angle Eject.
The bolts are completely different as are the receivers. Top Eject models have the extractor on the top of the bolt and exposed. AE models have the extractor on the right side of the bolt, inside the receiver with a cut-out on the receiver to allow the spent shell to come out on that side.

AFIK, the AE can not be made to throw shells up over the top. My best suggestion is to rack that rifle with some authority. I also shoot LH and found that the AE will drop hot cases on your forarm if you don't lean into it.

Otherwise, keep an eye open for an older TE model and try to trade up.

Redbeard55
February 4, 2006, 07:45 PM
I have a Winchester Model 94 in 30-30 that was made in 1979. I also have a Winchester 94 in 45 Long Colt that was made 5 or 6 years ago. I found that I can take the entire bolt mechanism out of the 30-30 Winchester and it will work in the Winchester 94 45 Long Colt. The trigger on the 30-30 is far superior;. However I can not trade the entire bolt mechanism chambered for 45 Long Colt and install it back in the Model 94 chambered for 30-30 Winchster. There are certain design differences which account for this. Its been 5 or 6 years since I did the switching. Since the mechanisms weren't interchangeable, I put everything back as it should be. Hopefully the trigger mechanism on the 45 Long Colt will eventually improve with use.

TrafficMan
February 4, 2006, 11:53 PM
get an older one when the demand goes away. i paid $425.00 for my pre-64 (born in 1963) in November, before all of the hype. It is the way the rifle is suppose to be....

Rupestris
February 5, 2006, 03:20 AM
get an older one when the demand goes away. i paid $425.00 for my pre-64 (born in 1963) in November, before all of the hype. It is the way the rifle is suppose to be....

I doubt demand will go away soon for pre '64 models. My top eject was made in 1980 and functions just fine. I picked it up for $180.

Peter M. Eick
February 5, 2006, 11:07 AM
I am with the above comments. I picked up several pre-64's prior to the "belly up" announcement. I am amazed at how the prices jumped up. I think this will go down as my one good gun buy. My 1954 unfired 94 sure is looking like a good buy for less then $500 shipped now!

If you enjoyed reading about "Mods for Winchester 94" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!