I should have got me eight "free" shotguns!

PDA

TheOtherOne
April 12, 2003, 10:24 AM
I went up to this outdoor range the other day, and I wasn't 100% sure that they would be open, but when I got there the gate was unlocked and opened so I was happy. I parked, walked over to the rifle range and nobody was there and nobody was in the office but there were 8 shotguns (that looked like these (http://www.impactguns.com/store/benelli_m1_sbs.html)) lined up, just sitting out on one of the tables. I heard some shots over at the pistol range, so I walked over there and there were a few cops out practicing. I stood behind them for awhile kind of hoping to get there attention to ask if it would be okay if I shot on the rifle range since nobody was using it... but they never noticed me and looked too into their tactical practice to be bothered.... so I walked back out and just looked at all those shotguns lined up again and thought how easy it would be to pick them up, put them in my trunk and drive off. The pistol range was a good 100 yards from the rifle range and a huge mound of dirt between them. I could still hear them shooting, so I really would of had no fear of getting caught.

Dang, It's too bad I'm an honest citizen! I could of had a bunch of nice shotguns to add to my measly collection. :D

If I was in another state that was trying to pass one of those stupid laws that makes citizens liable for their stolen guns (but of course exempts law enforcement) then maybe I would of taken all the shotguns and drove down to the local PD and showed them what I found completely unattended at the range.

The cops and laws around here are pretty cool though... so I wouldn't of wanted to do that to them.

If you enjoyed reading about "I should have got me eight "free" shotguns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boing
April 12, 2003, 10:28 AM
And...where exactly was this now? ---> www.mapquest.com

HABU
April 12, 2003, 10:44 AM
You wouldn't want to get caught with one of those evil shotguns, what with the barrel 4" below NFA legal standards and all, even if they were gonna give them to you. :D

Standing Wolf
April 12, 2003, 11:17 AM
Sounds as though the brave boys in the blue uniforms weren't practicing very effective gun control.

Kharn
April 12, 2003, 12:12 PM
I wonder how they would have reacted if they had returned to the rifle range, and all 8 guns were spray painted "0wN3d"...
They probably woudldnt get it.

Kharn

Selfdfenz
April 12, 2003, 02:19 PM
Honesty is the best policy.
Your wisdom must have caused a ripple in the Dark Side of the Force.
Just be greatful that it wasn't a buch of unattended scantly clad Playboy models and they mistook you for the photographer because they noticed that cheap disposable camera on you dash.

S-

cool45auto
April 12, 2003, 02:53 PM
Maybe a sting operation to see if anyone would touch the guns or take them? It's weird that they were that far away from them. You did look around for the hidden cameras didn't you?:D

They may have thought they were going to be the only ones there that day. Did you ever shoot or just leave?

TheOtherOne
April 12, 2003, 03:24 PM
You did look around for the hidden cameras didn't you? Oh yeah, it would have been the perfect crime. They are lucky to even have electricity there.

They may have thought they were going to be the only ones there that day. Did you ever shoot or just leave? Yeah, the way they had things setup and where their cars were parked (almost in the middle of the pistol range) led me to believe they weren't expecting company.

I never did shoot, I just left after not being able to get their attention. Although the gates were wide open, I think you are suppose to check in with the office before you shoot... And since nobody was there to check in with I figured it was best to just leave.

NukemJim
April 12, 2003, 04:24 PM
"I wonder how they would have reacted if they had returned to the rifle range, and all 8 guns were spray painted "0wN3d"...
They probably woudldnt get it."

I am afraid I do not get it either. Could you please enlighten me?

Thank You

NukemJim

bobs1066
April 12, 2003, 08:02 PM
Back in the early 70's, I was walking across the parking lot of a Piggly Wiggly. Right next to my aunt's car was one of the local PD cars. Both front windows were all the way down in the police car. There was a gun rack attached to the cage between the front & rear seats. Hanging on that gun rack was a S&W Model 79 subgun. No cables, no locks. There was nobody else in the lot. I could have just reached in, grabbed it, opened the trunk of my aunt's car, dropped it in & gone along my merry way.

Probably the knowledge that I would have had a very difficult time explaining to my aunt how I came to have a machine gun kept me honest.

I almost went over to the Dark Side that day...... :evil:

Chipperman
April 12, 2003, 11:40 PM
0wN3d
In English, that's "OWNED"
As in, you have "been owned".

Kharn
April 13, 2003, 08:21 AM
NukemJim:
Its hacker/computer nerd speak, usually used when someone has taken someone else out behind the woodshed and delivered a total and complete butt whupping in an online video game.

Kharn

Harbinger
April 13, 2003, 12:45 PM
You're not alone, NukemJim. I didn't get it either. Apparently I'm a little behind on the times. Wuz wondering why no one said "Oh my God, gag me with a spoon" anymore. :D

LiquidTension
April 13, 2003, 01:50 PM
What if the guns had been left unattended and unsecured in a bad neighborhood? Wouldn't it be one's civic duty to make sure that they don't fall into the hands of street criminals?

Yeah yeah, I skirt the edge of the Dark Side every day.

Oh wait, there IS NO Dark Side. Anybody keeping up with the recent Star Wars books knows what I'm talking about (ie Jacen Solo). Yeah, I'm a dork.

If you enjoyed reading about "I should have got me eight "free" shotguns!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!