Molon Labe!: you have GOT to read this!

PDA

neoncowboy
February 5, 2006, 10:53 PM
All of my fellow High Roaders and freedom loving friends.

Please forgive me if I am behind the curve with this and late, I know it's been out for over a year, but I just finished reading Boston T. Party's novel 'Molon Labe!'.

It is simply fantastic! If you haven't already, you absolutely have to read it. It's a story of American's reclaiming their liberty and is not only a great story, but filled with compelling political thought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1888766077/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/002-3211009-5603245?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I can't reccomend this highly enough for anyone out there who senses that there must be more to being 'free'.

See you in Wyoming!

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon Labe!: you have GOT to read this!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Highland Ranger
February 5, 2006, 11:21 PM
Never heard of it . . . . so that's two of us . . .

TequilaMockingbird
February 5, 2006, 11:48 PM
A free state in Wyoming (http://www.freestatewyoming.org/)...hhmmm.

neoncowboy
February 6, 2006, 11:40 AM
It's fantastic. The premise is that:
1. The 2 party liberal/conservative system is not working for us. The 2 sides are too opposite from each other and share too little common ground. There's no real chance of a moderate platform satisfying either, much less both, side(s). So, while there aren't enough liberty loving Americans to take federal elections and win the white house or a house/senate majority...there are enough of us to take a state...in the book, for many reasons that are explained in detail, Wyoming is the state.
2. The Federal government is not going to stop squeezing us...it's only going to get worse.
3. The context for it to get much worse in the near future is unavoidable: increased terrorism, increasing economic instability, decreased energy availability all coupled with an increasing lack of resolve amongst Americans. The stage is set for things to get in a bad way in the US within the next 5-7 years. This could serve as a good catalyst to get people motivated to start taking steps toward increasing their own freedom. What combination of high prices/worthless money/draconinan police state regulations/health crisis/terrorism activity would it take for YOU to bail to join such a movement?

It's a really interesting proposition and the book is certainly worth reading. You may dismiss it as a pipe dream, but the author's point (which you have to concede) is that the only thing keeping it from becoming our reality is a sufficient number of people to get on board with the vision and commit themselves to seeing it through.

Manedwolf
February 6, 2006, 11:52 AM
All of my fellow High Roaders and freedom loving friends.

Please forgive me if I am behind the curve with this and late, I know it's been out for over a year, but I just finished reading Boston T. Party's novel 'Molon Labe!'.

It is simply fantastic! If you haven't already, you absolutely have to read it. It's a story of American's reclaiming their liberty and is not only a great story, but filled with compelling political thought.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1888766077/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/002-3211009-5603245?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I can't reccomend this highly enough for anyone out there who senses that there must be more to being 'free'.

See you in Wyoming!

Isn't this like the sorts who are in southern Utah? :scrutiny:

Ian
February 6, 2006, 12:05 PM
FWIW, here's Loompanics' (http://www.loompanics.com) review blurb:

This largely childish fantasy is actually based on an interesting idea: that as few as 30,000 freedom-loving citizens could politically "take over" a state by moving there and then all voting for the same candidates. Unfortunately, the characters who do that in this novel are "Libertarian/Christian/Conservatives" who hate other people's freedom -- they will even give themselves the "right" to physically assault any teenage boy whose haircut they are afraid of (I'm not kidding!). Childlike and superstitious, the "Libertarian/Christian/Conservatives" huddle together in Wyoming and rewrite the tax laws to persecute the dreaded "Liberals" (all of whom wear Birkenstocks and drive Volvos). They refuse to take control of and responsibility for the contents of their own heads, insisting instead that they are obeying the "Commandments" of a "supernatural" being. They whine constantly about petty transgressions against themselves, while ignoring (or even encouraging) massive injustices against other groups they have applied negative labels to. And so it goes…

Actually, all this nonsense has little bearing on the basic idea of the book: a relatively small number of people taking, by peaceful means, political control of a state. The author has this worked out quite thoughtfully, even down to which particular counties would be ripe for immigration, and so on. This alone is worth reading the book for -- maybe something like this could actually work.

Manedwolf
February 6, 2006, 12:23 PM
FWIW, here's Loompanics' (http://www.loompanics.com) review blurb:

The reviews on Amazon, every other review, say that the author turns the Evil D.C. politicians into a satanist plot.

Ooooookkay....

neoncowboy
February 6, 2006, 12:38 PM
The reviews on Amazon, every other review, say that the author turns the Evil D.C. politicians into a satanist plot.

That's a very minor sub-sub-sub-plot that is based on research the author did for another book. I thought that aspect of the book pretty far fetched and silly, but:
a) it doesn't detract from the other HUNDREDS of legitimate thoughts expressed on the state of our government and what we can do to bail ourselves out.
b) given the intelligence and level of thought expressed everywhere else throughout the book, I began to wonder if there's not something to this sub-sub-sub-plot and plan to read the author's book that explores the line of reasoning in greater depth.

Whatever the reason that caused him to insert that small dialogue, it's not that he's nuts...the complexity of the thought expressed throughout the story totally rule out that possibility. It's worth reading the book yourself to make that determination on your own.

neoncowboy
February 6, 2006, 12:42 PM
Unfortunately, the characters who do that in this novel are "Libertarian/Christian/Conservatives" who hate other people's freedom

I didn't notice that at all. This review must have been written by someone who hates freedom because the story doesn't have any of these ideas in it at all. The society that the liberty lovers create for themselves by winning a state's government is actually more aptly described as one where the government knows it's limits and leaves people alone to: keep and bear arms, educate their kids, regulate their own industries, keep more their own money.

Molon Labe
February 6, 2006, 01:55 PM
Never heard of it. ;)

Great book, seriously. I highly recommend it.

More info:

http://www.javelinpress.com/molon_labe.html

HankB
February 6, 2006, 02:07 PM
The premise - move a group of like-minded people somewhere and take over peacefully via the ballot box - is at least plausible.

Wasn't it around 25 or 30 years ago that a guru and a bunch of his followers moved to Antelope, Wyoming, established residency, and renamed it "Rajneeshpuram" or something of the sort?

I see the biggest hurdle as . . . what do you do for a living once you're there? Not an easy question to answer for quite a few people.

neoncowboy
February 6, 2006, 02:35 PM
I see the biggest hurdle as . . . what do you do for a living once you're there? Not an easy question to answer for quite a few people.

Of course this is dealt with in the book.

Remember that we're talking about some of the most independent, motivated, self-reliant people in America who would participate in something like this. Many of those people are already self-employed and running their own companies. Many of those companies could be moved to Wyoming, preserving their owner's employment, but more importantly, creating jobs for other participants.

Then of course, there's the ensuing building boom, all those new residents are going to need somewhere to live.

Then, down the road as progress is made, there's the influx of new business eager to take advantage of the laissez-faire policies as they are enacted.

Motivated, hard working, responsible people are going to work...I think we can count on that wherever they happen to be transplanted to.

Wllm. Legrand
February 6, 2006, 04:28 PM
I've read it. Read Unintended Consequences, as well. Also Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

Good reads, all of them, though I'd put U.C. best, M.L. second, E.F.A.D. last.

One of my majors was English, so it is difficult to read any fiction work without strict scrutiny, despite the affection all have for "the cause". Enemies has the least interesting character development, while M.L. has areas that are meant to be informational, but veer off tangentially from the target. Good character development, in contrast to some of the unbelievability of Enemies.

U.C. was a first in what seems to be a developing genre. It is unusual to be first and best.

In addition, Loompanics, a libertarian publisher, may have had a reviewer from the "other side" of the Libertarian "Free State Project" do the review. There are two camps within Libertarians on this subject. First, the L. Neil Smith "New Hampshire" goal, then there is the Boston T. Party "Western State" objective. For the life of me, I cannot understand how ANY westerner (such as myself) could EVER move back east....Many libertarians simply (excuse the expression) DO NOT GET IT!

Childish? That reviewer is absurd.

TequilaMockingbird
February 6, 2006, 05:25 PM
I'd have to agree with Legrand here.

Reading that Loompanics review makes me think we just didn't read the same book.

If you liked Unintended Consequences, than you would probably enjoy Molon Labe.

El Tejon
February 6, 2006, 05:28 PM
I never understand why the utopian writers do not set their stories in New Harmony, Indiana?

Oh, wait, that's been done!;) :D

http://www.ulib.iupui.edu/kade/newharmony/home.html

JJpdxpinkpistols
February 6, 2006, 05:49 PM
The premise - move a group of like-minded people somewhere and take over peacefully via the ballot box - is at least plausible.

Wasn't it around 25 or 30 years ago that a guru and a bunch of his followers moved to Antelope, Wyoming, established residency, and renamed it "Rajneeshpuram" or something of the sort?

It was Antelope, OREGON. And it was a *mess*, and the only instance of domestic Bio-terror (they tainted food at a bunch of local Sizzlers to influence elections).

Ma Anand Sheila was eventually convicted and served time in prison. the Bagwan ran away to india where he died of <stomach cancer?> cant remember.

Anyway...yes, you can influence small town elections if you are a nutty cult. I suppose a large cult could influence large towns, and a large religious congregation could influence a state...if it was big enough. Just let folks know so that they can move OUT of that state...My people tend to end up in camps and bashed and burned at stakes when some folks find themselves in control of things. Thanks!

As for what to do once everyone is there...they did a LOT of weapons training over there in 'Puram. My wife was a reporter and did some stories out there, and that was her only experience with AK47-variants (until me :-) ...scared the willies out of her having 1000s of armed folks poking reporters with the barrel of their rifles.

Acolyte
February 6, 2006, 06:35 PM
Great book, I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Gifted
February 6, 2006, 11:13 PM
From the application(PDF): (http://www.freestatewyoming.org/images/fsw_soi.pdf)
Please include payment (cash or blank money order) I got a BIIG problem with that. I may have Libertarian leanings, but I'm not giving money unless it's going to be garanteed that it'll go where I want. And that means having a name of a company/person to write on my check. If you can't handle that, you're not getting my money.

Brother in Arms
February 6, 2006, 11:39 PM
I have not read any of the above books, I plan to read U.C. as soon as I can get a copy.
I have read Bostons Gun Bible, and he used the O with a / through it to mean the american dollar, exspressing that is it worthless. However if you want to buy the Free state wyoming silver or gold coins he only accepts cash. I have always found that unusual...

Not trying to discredit him it just always seemed a little hypocritical to me.

Brother in Arms

Acolyte
February 7, 2006, 02:34 AM
Gifted, from the forum:

Why does the FSW ask for a $25 donation to join?

Primarily for two reasons:

1) Membership in the FSW has value, as many people have volunteered their time and energy in creating an organization to showcase Wyoming and assist like-minded folks to relocate there. (If we're not worth the $25, then why even bother joining the FSW?) As libertarians, we believe in an exchange of values. (We also believe that the one-time $25 donation is a bargain!) And even though none of us is salaried, the FSW does have its basic expenses to cover, and the $25 helps to "keep the lights on."

2) Anybody can merely fill out a form and lick a stamp. The FSW, however, is seeking those who will do just a bit more than that. We want you to perceive value in us, and, conversely, we want to perceive value in you. $25 is not much money, but it is enough to weed out 95% of the tire-kickers and time-wasters out there. It's a "cover charge" to keep the quality of our membership high. FSW Members put their money where their mouth is!
http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=88.0

For those reasons, I'm fine with it.

Ian
February 7, 2006, 11:26 AM
Gifted - The reason for a blank MO is that it can be reused without having to go through a bank to be cashed (an action which makes it trackable).

neoncowboy
February 7, 2006, 12:09 PM
After reading the book, I'm inclined to agree.

The book offers a glimpse into the character and nobility of the author. Neither of which I question enough to feel squeamish about entrusting 25 whole dollars to him or the movement.

If he's able to use it to further this cause at all (and the immense amount of work that went into the book, along with the interviews he conducts, and the website he hosts, and the mailing list...etc.) then by all means let him use my $25.

I guess one of the natural consequences of this movement are the varying levels of comittment by different people. Fortunately, the success of the project doesn't really depend on unwavering allegiance by more than a few initial visionaries. Gifted, if you want to support the thing, it's fine to wait until you see results that you feel are worth supporting.

Boston T. Party
February 8, 2006, 01:33 AM
Howdy all,

Thanks for this thread, and your kind praise of Molôn Labé!
The FSW has a new forum up, open to all:
http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php

Here are my brief responses to what's been discussed here:

Loompanics "review"
This was largely hallucinatory, and I told Mike Hoy just that.
The characters did not advocate/say what Mike alleged.
Readers can easily judge this for themselves.
While Mike has the right to his own opinion, he doesn't have
the right to his own facts. I ceased selling him the title after
he did not corrects his "facts." It's a moot point now that
Loompanics is closing down this year.

Satanists in D.C. office
This was more of an obiter dictum, a brief glimpse of horror
as the reader passes by. The story does not depend on it.

$25 FSW donation
If my reputation doesn't warrant trusting the proper FSW use
of a measly $25, then not even my books are worth reading.
And I'm not in the FSW for the money...

Ø as FRN symbol
I prefer such for books, and require it for the silver FSW coins (as
I've just got a thing against taking checks for actual silver!).
FRNs have no intrinsic value, but I can still pass them onto the
next sucker...which is the ONLY reason I still accept them.
No hypocrisy there--just reality. (We take gold/silver coins in payment, too.)

Two libertarian camps within the free state movement
Generally true. It was evidenced by the 50:50 East:West split
in the FSP vote of 9/2003, and I started the FSW to give Westerners
a chance in Wyoming. I'd say that the one distinguishing factor is
actual gun bearing/use--which we in the West outshine the Easterners.

Is Boston some sort of guru?
Explicitly not, because I've never wanted followers.
And I am not using the FSW to repeat some Antelope, Oregon scheme.

Best wishes,

Boston T. Party
http://www.freestatewyoming.org
http://www.javelinpress.com

Kim
February 8, 2006, 02:11 AM
It was a cool book. That review that Ian posted reads like a different book. No Christian take over in this book. Totally Libertarian.

JJpdxpinkpistols
February 8, 2006, 01:44 PM
And I am not using the FSW to repeat some Antelope, Oregon scheme.

Sorry...never inferred that you were. My note was a point of historical interest with some bad nicotine-withdrawal-tainted bad humor.

No offense intended.

Molon Labe
February 8, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well howdy Boston! :) :cool:

Big fan. Love your books.

I see that You and the Police! (http://www.javelinpress.com/you_and_the_police.html) has been updated. I'll be ordering it soon.

Gifted
February 8, 2006, 09:51 PM
It's not so much the $25, as the method of delivery. I'd rather make sure that the money gets there, and no one else can use it.

The_Antibubba
February 9, 2006, 12:05 AM
Welcome to The High Road, Sir! :D

I haven't read Molon Labe, but I thoroughly enjoyed your Y2K book (I know it's around here somewhere...). More timely than ever.

Drop in on us every so often-this is one of the Good places.

Gatman
February 9, 2006, 12:49 AM
I've read it. Read Unintended Consequences, as well. Also Enemies Foreign and Domestic.

Good reads, all of them, though I'd put U.C. best, M.L. second, E.F.A.D. last.

One of my majors was English, so it is difficult to read any fiction work without strict scrutiny, despite the affection all have for "the cause". Enemies has the least interesting character development, while M.L. has areas that are meant to be informational, but veer off tangentially from the target. Good character development, in contrast to some of the unbelievability of Enemies.

U.C. was a first in what seems to be a developing genre. It is unusual to be first and best.

In addition, Loompanics, a libertarian publisher, may have had a reviewer from the "other side" of the Libertarian "Free State Project" do the review. There are two camps within Libertarians on this subject. First, the L. Neil Smith "New Hampshire" goal, then there is the Boston T. Party "Western State" objective. For the life of me, I cannot understand how ANY westerner (such as myself) could EVER move back east....Many libertarians simply (excuse the expression) DO NOT GET IT!

Childish? That reviewer is absurd.

Could you expand or post a link to find more information on this Western State objective. Or perhaps a new thread explaining it.

TequilaMockingbird
February 9, 2006, 02:17 AM

cracked butt
February 9, 2006, 02:39 AM
I'm intrigued and need to read this book.

I have to wonder though- from the sounds of the book, its a recipe to break from the rest of the country. Why pick a landlocked state like Wyoming for this other than its very low population? All the federal government would have to do is tax the crap out of imports/exports and not allow citizens to fly airplanes into US airspace, Wyoming would be shut down in a week. :scrutiny: I think Alaska would be a far better pick.

neoncowboy
February 9, 2006, 09:32 AM
I'm intrigued and need to read this book.

I have to wonder though- from the sounds of the book, its a recipe to break from the rest of the country. Why pick a landlocked state like Wyoming for this other than its very low population? All the federal government would have to do is tax the crap out of imports/exports and not allow citizens to fly airplanes into US airspace, Wyoming would be shut down in a week. :scrutiny: I think Alaska would be a far better pick.

There's a whole chapter in the appendix dedicated to this very question. The reasons given for 'why Wyoming' are very compelling.

The move to Wyoming by freedom lovers represents a regaining of freedom in exactly the manner in which it was lost: incrementally and gradually, over time.

When exactly would the feds 'shut down' Wyoming: when a majority of counties had libertarian Sherriffs? When a majority of counties had libertarian councils/eldermen/local officials? When the state house/senate were largely libertarian? When permitless carry were legalized? When the speed limits on open highways were eliminated?

My belief is that a 'showdown' with the USG would not happen until fairly far down the road toward freedom. By the time it did happen (if ever), Wyoming would already be the freest state in America by a LONG margin.

stoky
February 9, 2006, 10:20 AM
Welcome Boston:)
I finished your Gun Bible a couple of weeks ago that I got from you last year at the Tanner show. Nice work. You motivated me to get out with the M1A more. Your teaser in the back of Boston's Gun Bible got me hooked, I'm definately going to have to pick up Molon Labe.
As the title of a chapter in Boston's Gun Bible says; Boston is Nuts!
:D

Molon Labe
February 9, 2006, 11:51 AM
Welcome Boston:)
I finished your Gun Bible a couple of weeks ago that I got from you last year at the Tanner show. Nice work. You motivated me to get out with the M1A more. Your teaser in the back of Boston's Gun Bible got me hooked, I'm definately going to have to pick up Molon Labe.
As the title of a chapter in Boston's Gun Bible says; Boston is Nuts!
:DIs it the latest version of BGB? If so, look on the inside cover. See the review from "Michael C. in Ohio"?

I, um, know that guy... ;)

Boston T. Party
February 9, 2006, 01:47 PM
Howdy all, and thanks for your positive feedback!

from neoncowboy:
My belief is that a 'showdown' with the USG would not happen until fairly far down the road toward freedom. By the time it did happen (if ever), Wyoming would already be the freest state in America by a LONG margin.
Yep, this was exactly my premise.

We lost our freedoms incrementally, and (short of a civil war),
that is likely the only way we can ever get them back.

The point of incrementalism (regardless of who employs it),
is that the other side remains paralyzed to respond in a big way.

from crackedbutt:
I think Alaska would be a far better pick.
On the surface, it seems so, but Alaska is quite controlled
by the feds. And it's too isolated to attract large numbers
of free staters.

Antelope, Oregon:
No offense taken; I just wanted to nip that in the bud as it's
come up elsewhere. The FSW is not planning to bus in our
people in order to boss around the locals. Wyoming is our
home, and we want to be/have good neighbors.

from Gifted:
It's not so much the $25, as the method of delivery. I'd rather make sure that the money gets there, and no one else can use it.
Totally understandable, but we've a very honest Post Office,
and in my 13 years of doing this I can count almost on one
hand the number of cash mailings lost.

If it arrives OK, only I have use of FSW $.

Latest version of BGB is 3rd printing (2005).
The printings of 2005 and 2004 each contain about 40 revised
pages, mostly in the Optics and M14 chapters. Well worth
replacing your 2002 first printing!

I've no new version of BGB planned--too busy elsewhere.

Molôn labé!

Boston T. Party

Jim Diver
February 10, 2006, 04:19 PM
Just finished it moments ago.... Great read. Could not put it down. I found the satanism in DC office to be unrealistic and needless but it did not really detract.

Would love to read more exploits of 'The Panther'.:evil:

cls12vg30
February 10, 2006, 04:59 PM
I read the book about a year ago, and I agree it was hard to put down.

I agree the Satanism of the upper-level Feds was a bit over the top, but who can say for sure? I'd be reluctant to believe such a thing about W, but Clinton...well that's at least slightly easier to believe. :)

As with many books, it's the ideas in this one that are important. It's not so much what the book tells you. The important thing is how it makes you think. It's my understanding that Boston had a falling-out years ago with the Free State Project, when the FSP selected New Hampshire rather than Wyoming. The arguments for each are compelling. The FSP is still going strong in New Hampshire, Google them and check out what they have to say.

If and when things get really bad in the US, I would say that the places to go would either be the FSP stronghold in NH, or of course, the old standby, Texas. If anybody's going to get fed up and have the cojones to secede, it's the Lone Star State, but then you have to consider that a defiant Texas would be equally at risk of invasion from the U.S. and Mexico!!

Jim Diver
February 10, 2006, 09:30 PM
I seem to recall that at least one state has a standing order when the legislative sessions starts each year they take a vote to secede.... Anyone remember what state that is?

Art Eatman
February 10, 2006, 09:47 PM
Howdy, Boston. Desertrat from Claire's site, here. :)

I'm just starting a re-reading of ML. Thoroughly enjoyed the first go-'round. Very well thought out as well as highly entertaining. The various quotes and cites from real people, real life, definitely add to the storyline.

I highly recommend the book.

Art

Boston T. Party
February 16, 2006, 01:45 AM
Art, Jim, and cls12vg30--glad you liked Molôn Labé!
The Leopard (why do some people call him the Panther?) will
feature prominently in the sequel, which I'll begin work on later
this year. I've an interesting story for him...

Regarding Texas (where I've lived) as a likely secession candidate,
that's probably just mythology. Even if the true independent spirit
was still there, the pols in Texas are quite corrupt and in bed with
the feds.

Regarding the FSP, if they see more than 500 actual movers to NH,
I'd be very surprised. Yes, those who do relocate there will see
an increase in their own respective freedoms, but I can't imagine
what they expect to accomplish politically with <1,000. Those
same small numbers, used effectively, in Wyoming have a chance.

My falling out was truly based on their prior falling out with logic,
vs. any personal choice on my part. Logic compels Wyoming as
the first try for a free state. The whole issue has been widely and
often aired out by now. There are plenty of forum links on this to
wade through if one has the time/inclination. It makes for interesting
reading, at least for backstory.

Molôn labé!

Boston T. Party

Brother in Arms
February 16, 2006, 02:18 AM
Boston

Thank you for responding here to this post on THR and welcome. I was recently in colorado for over a year and half and I tried to meet you on a couple occasions thought I was unfortunately never able too. A close freind of mine allowed me to read his autographed copy of your excellent book Bostons gun Bible. I liked the way honestly ranked each firearm. It was a very informative publication.

I ment no disrespect on your representation of the FRN. There isnt any easy way to accept payment in this country than the FRN, so your pretty much stuck taking them.

Thanks for the response, looking foward to more posts from you.

Brother in Arms

GLOCK19XDSC
February 24, 2006, 07:42 PM
I bought the book and Matthew Bracken's because of this thread.

Great stuff.

gunsmith
February 26, 2006, 05:54 PM
I got the book for Christmas and finished it by december 27...it kept me up all night!

Stevie-Ray
February 26, 2006, 11:17 PM
I have it. Bought it along with Unintended Consequences. Just have yet to read it.

Boston T. Party
February 27, 2006, 02:59 AM
from John Elder:
All three novels seem to believe in an inner liberty-loving tendency in gun people that I haven't seen in my considerable exposure.
I've not seen many myself, so we novelists must manufacture
them from the bits and pieces we do see in real life.
Life often imitates Art, sometimes even in heroism.

[hr]
I've been hanging out at the FSW's new virtual home:

You don't have to be a FSW Member to join our forum, nor to
attend our 26-29 May FSW Jamboree and Appleseed Project
shoot ( www.rwva.org ) in Worland.

Meanwhile, thanks for supporting my books! I hope to meet
you all in Wyoming this Memorial Day Weekend. Bring copies
of my books to sign for you. And bring your rifles!

Molôn labé!

Boston T. Party

Manedwolf
February 27, 2006, 05:42 AM
The FSP is still going strong in New Hampshire, Google them and check out what they have to say.

I don't need to. Just recently, a bunch were being moonbats in Manchester when Bush was last here, carrying signs for secession, and when the cops arrested them, proclaiming that they were being treated like the Jews were by the Nazis. :scrutiny:

Needless to say, the people who LIVE here weren't too enthused with them calling for secession like that...or with them in general. The general attitude they seem to have been projecting is that they're somehow better that the people who have lived here for generations, and are going to "change things" to suit their agenda. As far as PR is concerned among residents of the state, they pretty much blew their own foot off with that.

I regularly see "FREE STATERS GO HOME" bumper stickers. And if they make another scene like that in a state that values its peace and quite and lack of crime and such, Concord is likely going to crack down on them.

See, NH already WAS libertarian in the sense that the longtime residents want to be left alone...and don't want a bunch of upstarts coming in and saying how they're going to change things. Big, big mistake.

Chui
March 29, 2006, 06:23 PM
Also read Boston's greatest contribution The Hologram of Liberty.

Boston T. Party
April 23, 2006, 05:18 PM
Thanks Chui. (That's Swahili for leopard...cool.)

Here are the links to Hologram of Liberty.

http://javelinpress.com/hologram_of_liberty.html

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1888766034/qid=1145071868/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_3/104-8404567-4834323?s=books&v=glance&n=283155

The FSW forum has a good thread on it:
http://www.fundamentalsoffreedom.com/fswforum/index.php?topic=2118.0

Also, Gary North posted a very good essay on what happened
at the 1787 Philadelphia Convention:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north445.html

For those wanting a grad course on the subject, download
North's 484pp. book:
http://demischools.org/philadelphia.pdf

BozemanMT
April 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
BTP sez

I've been hanging out at the FSW's new virtual home:

You don't have to be a FSW Member to join our forum, nor to
attend our 26-29 May FSW Jamboree and Appleseed Project
shoot ( www.rwva.org ) in Worland.

The wife and I will be there at the appleseed project
I enjoy all the books, I'm still working on the wife, but she has turned into a total gun nut so we're halfway there. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Molon Labe!: you have GOT to read this!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!