pacific press shell holder???

PDA

Hawken50
February 6, 2006, 03:42 PM
does anybody know if any current brand of shell holder will fit a Pacific single stage c-type press??? thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "pacific press shell holder???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LHB1
February 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
IIRC, Pacific was bought out by Hornady. Call Hornady (800-338-3220) and ask them if their shell holders will fit the Pacific press. If not, then try RCBS (800-533-5000). Think you will soon be fixed up with a shell holder.

Good shooting and be safe.
LB

44and45
February 6, 2006, 06:46 PM
Do you have an older model Pacific press? Does it have a different receptical to fit into the shellholder slot on the presses ram?

Most industry reloading presses for the past few decades have the standard size and type shellholder that is interchangeable with different makes.

If you've truly got something old fashion like a screw-on or over size in length shellholder, try Vega Tool.com they should be able to help you if no one else can.

Jim

Chawbaccer
February 6, 2006, 09:17 PM
I have two old Pacific c presses. On both of them the shell holder is integral with the ram. I do have a large collection of rams for them and I am pretty sure that rams from other makers like the early RCBS and C4H will interchange.

44and45
February 6, 2006, 10:22 PM
OK, I think I understand what you have now. The shellholder is pretty old fashion but highly functional...if you can find all the ones you need.

If you need to work with more calibers that you don't have shellholders for, I suggest checking with C-H 4D tool.com (not sure about the spelling of that website) they sell a universal ram that may just fit your old Pacific press. This ram is machined in its top to accept current production shellholders.

I can't find my old C-H catalog, they use their website catalog for todays business. Do a website search and contact them as to your needs, they may be able to fix you up with a modern press ram that will handle todays industry type of shellholders.

I've also seen your old type one-piece ram/shellholder offered on ebay but not very often.

Check with C-H.

Jim

Hawken50
February 6, 2006, 11:08 PM
thanks for your help guys. after cleaning it up, i don't think it uses shell holders, the holder is milled into the ram. the top of the ram is stamped "RCBS #1". i'll have to check those websites you recommended. thanks for the help.

44and45
February 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
Well, I got busy and found my old C-H catalog, and sure enough they sell a Universal 'C' press ram.

Supposed to fit virtually any C or O-type press...so they say.

This catalog is more than 10 years old, so expect price to be a little more than the $16.45 as stated, maybe 2 or 3 bucks more now.

It has the floating shellholder alignment, just leave the same ram in press and change out the shellholders...what could be easier. :)

Jim

MCgunner
February 7, 2006, 05:31 PM
My old pacific is retired. I use a Lyman turret press, but I do have the old C press set up for standard .30-06 case head sizes. I can do .45 ACP on it, but don't. I load .357 and .45 acp enough that those dies reside permanently in my six position turret.

If you enjoyed reading about "pacific press shell holder???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!