Yup... Definately going to PR**********.

PDA

AF_INT1N0
February 6, 2006, 06:23 PM
Yup... It's final. My orders send me directly to the land of fruits and nuts...

There was a while when I thought I was going to Kadena(Okanawa Japan) But no, they changed the wifes orders and WE are California Bound!:barf:

So as long as I'm going.. What do I do about.

1. Where to live? I was thinking Yolo County because I will be stationed at Travis, and It's the closest thing to a shall issue county in the area (in between Sacremento and San Fransisco).

2. What to do about a reasonable home defense gun. (Note: a pinned reciever "scary assault AR-15" isn't. But what about a M-14, or M-1 Garand, M-1 carbine???

3. If not a rifle what about a Semi-Auto Shotgun. Ie. a Benelli M-1 or Winchester 2X

The Note I want something that will down a druggy, or a hard shell burgalar if need be..

4. Is it mandatory that you register your guns. Or do you just have to register [Whiny crybaby voice] "Assault Guns" [/Whiny crybaby voice]

5. Who is the non incumbant /pro 2A Legislator, judge, etc. I'm not changing my state of residence (Texas BTW) But that won't stop me from giving money and helping with campaigns.

6. I'd like to get a good head start, who do I need to start hating as a Subject of the Peoples Republik? I already know Feinstein... Who else.

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

AF_INT1N0

If you enjoyed reading about "Yup... Definately going to PR**********." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.H. Lee
February 6, 2006, 06:38 PM
Abandon Hope All Ye Who Enter Here :neener:

Sheesh! It ain't that bad.

I think you have 30 days to register your handguns; no 'assault weapons' permitted; M1 Garand ok as are fixed mag SKS's. For HD, any shotgun is good; I use a Win 1300.

Begin hating this guy (http://caag.state.ca.us/) right away; he's the chief gun grabber (and wannabe governor). On that website, there's a link to the firearms division, about halfway down the page; that will answer your gun-related questions.

Good luck, and welcome to the Golden State.

dm1333
February 6, 2006, 06:41 PM
California is not that bad:eek: I am stationed several counties north of Travis and I don't pay too much to the politics in the state so I can't help you there. M14s(probably springfields M1A), Garands, M1s, semi auto shotguns are all legal. I can't post the link for some reason but check out CADOJ.gov to get onto the website to see which guns are not banned. I think you will find the state is definately different but for a 3 or 4 year tour it should not be bad. You'll be close to Tahoe, Shasta and Lassen for example, and you can hit some of the most beautiful coast you'll ever see in Mendocino and Humboldt counties.

Don

R.H. Lee
February 6, 2006, 06:49 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot- 10 rd mag limit on everything.

GTSteve03
February 6, 2006, 07:21 PM
Shotgun - go for a pump or semi in the usual suspects... Winchester, Remington, Mossberg.

Carbine - try the Kel Tec SU-16CA, it's a nice compact 5.56 carbine that takes USGI mags and has mounts for optics.

Or nothing wrong with a Garand if you can get your hands on a good one!

Balog
February 6, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ok, IANAL, but I've been told there exists a "servicemembers" exception to the gun bans. As I understand it, you may legally bring banned weapons with you if you are forced to relocate. However, I have no info on storage or usage restrictions. Check with your legal office on-base, the AG's office etc. And remember, it could be worse; I'm in 29 Palms.:mad:

Red State
February 6, 2006, 07:47 PM
Welcome to Commufornia........ :)

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991.htm

Firearms Information for New California Residents

HANDGUNS

Any person who moves into California and who brings any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person is considered to be a "Personal Handgun Importer" and is required to do one of the following within 60 days:

Complete and submit a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT form along with $19.00 to the Department of Justice. A separate report form and $19.00 fee is required for each handgun reported. NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT forms can be obtained from California Department of Motor Vehicles' offices, licensed firearms dealers, local police and sheriff's departments, the California Department of Justice Firearms Division at (916) 263-4887, and from the Online Forms Page at this site.

Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California licensed firearms dealer or to another individual using a California licensed firearms dealer to conduct the transaction.
or

Sell or transfer the handgun(s) to a California police or sheriff's department. Persons choosing this option should contact the law enforcement agency for instructions prior to transporting the handgun(s) to the agency.
Any person transporting handguns in California is required under California law to transport those handguns unloaded and in a locked container other than the glove compartment or utility compartment of a vehicle.

SHOTGUNS AND RIFLES (Not including assault weapons as defined by California Law.)

California law does not require persons moving into California report rifles or shotguns. One important thing to be aware of though is that certain rifles and shotguns may be defined as assault weapons in California and are prohibited from entering this state under most normal circumstances. Additionally, machine guns and ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept greater that 10 rounds may not be transported into California. For further information regarding what is defined as an assault weapon in California please click here.

Please be aware that failure to comply with these mandated handgun requirements could result in criminal prosecution (Penal Code Section 12072(g)).

Red State
February 6, 2006, 07:56 PM
Here is the CA official list of "assault weapons". They are evil ..... or so the theory goes. (Looks like the Ruger Mini-14 and Springfield M1A are ok?)

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/awlist.htm

They are evil ..... or so goes the theory.

Assault Weapons

NOTE: THIS LIST DOES NOT INCLUDE ASSAULT WEAPONS AS DEFINED BY SENATE BILL 23, STATUTES OF 1999. FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE REFER TO THE ASSAULT WEAPON REGISTRATION AND REGULATION PAGE

The following designated semiautomatic firearms are assault weapons:

(a) All of the following specified rifles:
(1) All AK series including, but not limited to, the models identified as follows:
(A) Made in China AK, AKM, AKS, AK47, AK47S, 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.
(B) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S, and 86S.
(C) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47.
(D) MAADI AK47 and ARM.
(2) UZI and Galil.
(3) Beretta AR-70.
(4) CETME Sporter.
(5) Colt AR-15 series.
(6) Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max 1, Max 2, AR 100, and AR110 C.
(7) Fabrique Nationale FAL, LAR, FNC, 308 Match, and Sporter.
(8) MAS 223.
(9) HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, and HK-PSG-1
(10) The following MAC types:
(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.
(B) SWD Incorporated M11.
(11) SKS with detachable magazine.
(12) SIG AMT, PE-57, SG 550, and SG 551.
(13) Springfield Armory BM59 and SAR-48.
(14) Sterling MK-6.
(15) Steyer AUG.
(16) Valmet M62S, M71S, and M78S.
(17) Armalite AR-180.
(18) Bushmaster Assault Rifle.
(19) Calico M-900.
(20) J&R ENG M-68.
(21) Weaver Arms Nighthawk.
(b) All of the following specified pistols:
(1) UZI.
(2) Encom MP-9 and MP-45.
(3) The following MAC types:
(A) RPB Industries Inc. sM10 and sM11.
(B) SWD Incorporated M-11.
(C) Advance Armament Inc. M-11.
(D) Military Armament Corp. Ingram M-11.
(4) Intratec TEC-9.
(5) Sites Spectre.
(6) Sterling MK-7.
(7) Calico M-950.
(8) Bushmaster Pistol.
(c) All of the following specified shotguns:
(1) Franchi SPAS 12 and LAW 12.
(2) Striker 12.
(3) The Streetsweeper type S/S Inc. SS/12.

Zundfolge
February 6, 2006, 07:56 PM
California is bad, but still better than Japan (at least as far as gun rights go).

Red State
February 6, 2006, 08:02 PM
Firearms not specifically listed above may be no-nos because of the following definitions: (I am getting depressed)

DOJ Firearms Division

Senate Bill 23 Assault Weapon Characteristics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Effective January 1, 2000, Senate Bill 23, Statutes of 1999, establishes new criteria for defining assault weapons based on generic characteristics. This bill allows and requires persons who own/possess firearms that fall under the new "assault weapon" definition to register those firearms with the Department of Justice during the one-year period between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2000. Effective January 1, 2000, this bill adds Penal Code Section 12276.1 to the Penal Code as follows.

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:

(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.

(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

(4) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A threaded barrel, capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer.
(B) A second handgrip.
(C) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning his or her hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
(D) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

(5) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.

(6) A semiautomatic shotgun that has both of the following:
(A) A folding or telescoping stock.
(B) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip.

(7) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine.

(8) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

(b) "Assault weapon" does not include any antique firearm.

(c) The following definitions shall apply under this section:
(1) "Magazine" shall mean any ammunition feeding device.
(2) "Capacity to accept more than 10 rounds" shall mean capable of accommodating more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include a feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.
(3) "Antique firearm" means any firearm manufactured prior to January 1, 1899.

(d) This section shall become operative January 1, 2000.

crazed_ss
February 6, 2006, 08:21 PM

There was a while when I thought I was going to Kadena(Okanawa Japan) But no, they changed the wifes orders and WE are California Bound!:barf:

1. Where to live? I was thinking Yolo County because I will be stationed at Travis, and It's the closest thing to a shall issue county in the area (in between Sacremento and San Fransisco).

2. What to do about a reasonable home defense gun. (Note: a pinned reciever "scary assault AR-15" isn't. But what about a M-14, or M-1 Garand, M-1 carbine???

3. If not a rifle what about a Semi-Auto Shotgun. Ie. a Benelli M-1 or Winchester 2X

The Note I want something that will down a druggy, or a hard shell burgalar if need be..

4. Is it mandatory that you register your guns. Or do you just have to register [Whiny crybaby voice] "Assault Guns" [/Whiny crybaby voice]

5. Who is the non incumbant /pro 2A Legislator, judge, etc. I'm not changing my state of residence (Texas BTW) But that won't stop me from giving money and helping with campaigns.

6. I'd like to get a good head start, who do I need to start hating as a Subject of the Peoples Republik? I already know Feinstein... Who else.

AF_INT1N0

For home defense, you can pretty much get any pistol or shotgun here. Pistol and rifle mags are limited to 10rds though.
I recently purchased these two items from the gun local Turner's shop.
http://www.turners.com/engage/displayad2.php?H=1&m1=February&m2=February&d1=2&d2=8&img=ads/02-02-06/rem870tact.gif
http://www.turners.com/engage/displayad2.php?H=1&m1=February&m2=February&d1=2&d2=8&img=ads/02-02-06/springfieldxtreme.gif

Pistols much be approved by the state to be sold here. Most popular ones are appproved. There's a list here: http://justice.doj.ca.gov/safeguns/safeguns.asp

There is a 10 day waiting people and background check for buying guns. You can only buy one pistol per month. You have to take a test and get a little certificate to buy a handgun. Study guide here: http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf .. You also have to demonstrate that you know how to load and unload the pistol when you pick it up.

For semi-auto rifles your choices are:
M1A, SKS, SU-16, Mini-14, and maybe a few others I'm forgetting.

ARs, AKs, FALs, etc are all banned here.
Gimped top-loading ARs and FALs are available though.

On registration:
This is info from the brady website so it has obvious anti-gun bias.. the basic info about the laws and regulations here is accurate though.
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ca

"May police maintain gun sale records? Yes

California - State law authorizes law enforcement to keep a record of every handgun sold or transferred in the state, but the state does not keep any records on the sale of rifles or shotguns. The handgun sale records are maintained by state law enforcement for use in gun tracing and related criminal investigations. People who move into California with guns must provide a record to state law enforcement. "

"REGISTRATION
Are all guns registered with law enforcement? Partial

California - State law only requires registration of assault weapons. No state requirement that other firearms be registered. Police do not known how many guns are in the state or where they are. The lack of registration makes it difficult for police to trace guns used in crime, identify illegal gun traffickers or hold gun owners accountable for the illegal use of their weapons. State law enforcement has kept records on handgun transfers (not rifles or shotguns) since 1990, but there is no way of knowing whether the buyers still have those handguns - there is no requirement for reporting of lost or stolen guns. The state does compare the existing handgun sale records with recent criminal convictions to identify gun owners who are no longer allowed to possess handguns."

Old Dog
February 6, 2006, 08:34 PM
Complete and submit a NEW RESIDENT HANDGUN OWNERSHIP REPORT form along with $19.00 to the Department of Justice. A separate report form and $19.00 fee is required for each handgun reported.
19 bucks PER handgun! And a separate form for each ... This must really encourage new California residents to register their guns.

Unbelievable. No wonder I "forgot" to register mine when I moved back to CA from Hawaii (but hey, it's even more of a hassle registering one's guns in Hawaii) ... Thank the Lord I'm in a free state now.

Oh well, AF_INT1NO, at least you're close to some decent skiing, hiking and camping in the Sierras ... And as dm1333 said, lots of nice coastline with tons of bed'n'breakfasts and winery tours for those weekends with the wife (pile up those credits now for when you relocate back to a free state) ...

crazed_ss
February 6, 2006, 08:44 PM
Yea.. they charge a fee for everything here.
I couldnt believe the $25 to take the stupid handgun safety test. I really dont understand what I was paying $25 for. All the gun shop did was hand me a booklet and answer sheet and have me take the test. The gun shop issues the certificates on site so it's not like any paperwork has to be proccessed by the state.:cuss:

BigRobT
February 6, 2006, 08:52 PM
Definitely check into any military exemptions. Ca has, in the past, given the military a lot of breaks on things. I left in 1986, so I KNOW much has changed in the last 20 years.

As far as shotguns go, most pumps are adequate, but I REALLY like my Winchester Super X2. Mine is used for deer hunting, so it has a rifled barrel and shoots slugs very nicely. I wished I had opted for the tactical model with a higher cap magazine, but I can affix an extension and get the same capacity (Still won't go over 10 :( )

Malone LaVeigh
February 6, 2006, 09:05 PM
Definitely check into any military exemptions.
Ditto. I have seen people at our local range with ARs who, when I asked them, said they were legal for military and LE.

bg
February 6, 2006, 09:46 PM
Might ck these places. It'll help give you an idea
about things in Ca with a local gun site and cal laws.
Good luck here in Cal. It's bad, but could be much worse
and probably will be after the 06 election. Anyway >

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/index.php
http://www.gunlaws.com/links/linksca.htm
http://nramemberscouncils.com/legs.shtml
http://www.gunownersca.com/

Adventurer_96
February 7, 2006, 12:20 AM
I'm stationed at Edwards AFB and if you're active military then you can register assault weapons (by feature or by name) prior to moving into the state. Is your wife military? Then she owns all the guns, right? ;) You don't need to pay $25 for the handgun safety certificate if you're military as well, just bring a copy of your orders.

The CA DOJ does not advertise it on their website, but they have a Military Assault Weapons Permit (MAWP) which they issue to active duty service members who are sentenced/stationed to California. The permit costs $78 a year for as many as you can take the time to register. It is a surprisingly easy process, but beyond registering the weapons you can get bad info from the office. I was told by one person that mags greater than 10 rounds were OK if you registered the weapon, then later told that such was not the case. As it turns out, there is no way listed in the law that allows AD servicemembers to bring highcaps into the state, except for "official duty" weapons as I understand it. Bottom line - leave the mags out of state, and bring in as many AWs through the MAWP that you think you might want for 3-4 years.

Not to mention, bring lots of 1911 receivers for all the projects you might want to start when you're here, because you can't order a frame here, they're treated the same as an "unsafe," off-the-list handgun. That means that you can move into the state with them, but as a CA resident you can't order one through an FFL. Example - Series 70 Colt 1911s, S&W revolvers that aren't 50+years old (C&R), etc. are hard to find here because you have to find one that's for sale in the state. You can't buy one on Gunbroker, then have it transferred through your dealer here.

I've also read, but not confirmed, that if you're a non-resident moving to CA then there is a way to register your AWs. I have no info on this beyond reading a post on arfcom, as I recall.

Regarding AWs: By Name means a weapon specifically listed, like a Colt AR-15 or a Polytech AK. By Feature means a weapon that has a detachable mag and evil feature, like an off-name AK or AR that's configured normally w/pistol grip, flash suppressor, etc. Some weapons, like the FAL and the M-14, can be made into CA-legal variants fairly easily.

PM me w/your email if you'd like more info, I can email you a .pdf copy of the MAWP application as well as a scan of the business card of Ms. Yolanda Garcia, who handled my application at DOJ.

There are worse places to be stationed, but there are some that are a lot better. At least, as mentioned here, you can still own guns and shoot in CA, although it's a lot more of a PITA than elsewhere.

pittspilot
February 7, 2006, 11:24 PM
And Yolo County is not shall issue, maybe rarely issue to Sheriff's cronies.

Librarian
February 8, 2006, 12:13 AM
I
The CA DOJ does not advertise it on their website, but they have a Military Assault Weapons Permit (MAWP) which they issue to active duty service members who are sentenced/stationed to California. The permit costs $78 a year for as many as you can take the time to register. With the right name, much can be done:
The place to write is:
Department of Justice
Firearms Licensing and Permits Unit-MAWP
P.O. Box 820200
Sacramento, CA 94203-0200
or call them at (916) 227- 3274. Make sure you specify that you are active duty military.

Thanks to scottsw1 at ar15.com

Mr.V.
February 8, 2006, 12:30 AM
We have really good guacamole here...

Adventurer_96
February 8, 2006, 12:59 AM
Do you serve it with Kool Aid?

:what:

It could be worse, but I'll be very happy to see CA in my rearview mirror. In the meantime, I'll try to make it tolerable.

lwaldron
February 8, 2006, 01:39 AM
No, here in **********, guacamole is served with hordes of illegal aliens.

Guy B. Meredith
February 8, 2006, 03:22 AM
All those fees are the reason I traded in my Ruger MKII for a Mossberg Persuader when it came back from repairs at Ruger. The repairs changed serial numbers so it would have to be registered as a new gun and, heh, I had taken the old safety test and had to do the new one for the $25. So between the FFL, state charges and the test I opted to trade it directly for the used shotgun. :uhoh:

Not partial to semiautos anyway. :rolleyes:

AF_INT1N0
February 8, 2006, 08:15 AM
Is there a county to live in near Travis AFB that does issue permits?????

Or am I screwed in that respect??

The_Antibubba
February 8, 2006, 10:00 AM
How soon do you make the move?

The_Antibubba
February 8, 2006, 10:39 PM
http://calguns.net

Ask there. There are members there who would know what is possible. jnojr lives in Sonoma, I think. California is a "May Issue" state; it depends entirely upon the Sheriff in each county. You're looking at, realistically: Solano, Napa, Yolo, Contra Costa, San Joaquin, and Sacramento Counties. There is no way you will get a CCW in Yolo. Sacramento usually requires a campaign contribution to the Sheriff's re-election fund :cuss: A lot of San Joaquin is rural, which helps; OTOH, it is where Stockton is located, so maybe not. A lot of Contra Costa is urban, so I'd guess "no" on that one. No idea on Napa.

If you consider a longer commute (and you may have to, see below) you can add Sonoma, Colusa, and Lake Counties. They're farther north and more rural, so your chances of approval are better. As you go North and West, your odds of CCW improve to very nearly "Shall Issue" as a general rule.

As to commuting, I don't know what you make, but you may not be able to afford housing within an hour and a half of Travis. Maybe in Vacaville. Real estate in the Greater Bay area is insane! I know people who commute two hours each way(by train), from Sacramento to SF, because they can't afford to buy a house in the Bay area. What might cost 200K in Ohio might well be over a million in Sac-and that would net you a condemned property in a bad neighborhood in SF. You'll do better in the rural areas. And forget Marin. You can't afford it, and you won't get a CCW unless your name is Sean Penn. :mad: Can you live on base?

It's a crazy place, but I still like it, as much as I hate the government here.

AF_INT1N0
February 8, 2006, 10:53 PM
Moving in May with the wife.

I think we may be able to live on base. but I'm not sure.

I would like to live in a place were I can get a permit.

This sucks.... I already have a Florida permit!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh well.. What about Solano??

kbheiner7
February 8, 2006, 10:58 PM
Stupid laws are meant to be broken. :)

No_Brakes23
February 9, 2006, 06:21 PM
No, here in **********, guacamole is served with hordes of illegal aliens. That's funny the last time I saw an illegal was in Dalton, GA. Plenty of visa-folks and guest-workers that get bussed back across the border at night in their schoolbuses with the port-a-john on the trailer behind it, though.

30Cal
February 9, 2006, 07:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Kali, but it hasn't been all that bad. Heck, there's more organized shooting events here by far than anywhere else I've lived (FL, CT, WA, MI, KY, NY).

AF_INT1N0
February 18, 2006, 09:54 PM
Does anyone living in CAlifornia have a permit???

If so. Where, and how limited are they?

Mr.V.
February 18, 2006, 11:35 PM
It's entirely based on whether your county sherrif or muncipal police force will sign off on the permit. So living in LA or its surrounding areas it can be impossible. However, more rural municipalities or counties can be easy. Ask those in the area you intend to move to.

If you're movin' to LA, 1st welcome, 2nd good luck getting the permit :(

esheato
February 18, 2006, 11:46 PM
I've got a permit and it's not that difficult to get, but it's all dependent upon your county sheriff. Packing.org was a great help but it is intermittent at best these days.

Contact the sheriff of the counties you're considering and ask the important questions.

Ed

NAMDOC
February 19, 2006, 04:20 AM
Does anyone living in CAlifornia have a permit???

If so. Where, and how limited are they?

The sheriff of Orange County is currently issuing ccp's... confirmed by local gun shops....

Paul
Los Angeles, moving to Disneyland!

TheArchDuke
February 19, 2006, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot- 10 rd mag limit on everything.

Except some tube mags like my Marlon model 60. :rolleyes:

AF_INT1N0
February 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
The sheriff of Orange County is currently issuing ccp's... confirmed by local gun shops....

Paul
Los Angeles, moving to Disneyland!

But don't you have to live in Orange County to get one??

esheato
February 19, 2006, 01:23 PM
Yes. You apply with the sheriff of the county in which you reside in.

Hence,
Contact the sheriff of the counties you're considering and ask the important questions.

Ed

trbon8r
February 19, 2006, 07:46 PM

AF_INT1N0

With your attitude it sounds like you won't be the only one that will be happy when you are again reassigned and leave our fair state for good.

AF_INT1N0
February 19, 2006, 08:37 PM
With your attitude it sounds like you won't be the only one that will be happy when you are again reassigned and leave our fair state for good.

Yeah.. well, you take the good with the bad when your in the Military.

On one side you get to meet and serve with some of the nicest best and brightest people in the USA. You get to go to far away lands, and meet folks in France who still thank you for a liberation that happened 60 some years ago. (as apposed to the ones on TV that hate Lance Armstrong because he represents American drive.) You get to meet the Germans that talk about how it was a good thing to go to Iraq. You get to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

On the Flip side sometimes you get stationed at places where the local governments crap on the Constitution for the "Progressive" Vote.:barf:
Or to places that award 60,000 dollars to a drug dealer after he was shot trying to kill a man. (usually the same types of places)

I don't have the choice to not move there (believe me, I tried to trade) so I do what I can to live, and maybe make it a little better than when I got there. So I try and get as much information as possible now, so that I can make good decisions and hit the ground running.

You can consider it a bad attitude if you want to. And yes there are likely going to be alot of people that will be happy when I again leave the state.

StephenT
February 19, 2006, 09:51 PM
Just curious, but what is the penalty for not registering your guns if you move to CA? Jail time or just a heavy fine? I'm job hunting right now (such fun!) and if I get an offer in CA or NYC, I'm taking my guns with me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Yup... Definately going to PR**********." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!