Invested again in my poor, neglected CZ-97

PDA

Nightcrawler
February 7, 2006, 04:51 PM
I've even thought of selling it, you know. Once I got my Colt, my CZ-97B didn't go to the range much.

Heck, though. I don't have the heart to part with it. It was my second pistol, but my first GOOD pistol, and that counts for something.

So, I bought a High Noon holster and matching magazine carrier for it. I figure it'll make a fine carry gun for winter months and bulky clothing. In any case, I don't believe in having a full-sized working gun and not having a holster for it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Invested again in my poor, neglected CZ-97" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
February 7, 2006, 07:29 PM
You need some slimline grips and stainless guide rod from Jackash Custom.
It will be your main carry gun.

ulflyer
February 7, 2006, 07:41 PM
If you can use a file, make your own metal slide rod out of a door hinge pin..or large nail. I used a nail for mine..worked fine, cost nothing.

Nightcrawler
February 7, 2006, 07:44 PM
I have a CZ-75 Guide Rod in there and a 16# recoil spring (and have for some time). It also has had a factory throat & polish.

Slim line grips? Ogre, I wasn't aware of ANYBODY making CZ-97 grips.

Nightcrawler
February 7, 2006, 09:18 PM
And do you have a contact for JackAsh Custom? One of their properly-sized guide rods would look better than the under-sized CZ-75 one.

Beav
February 8, 2006, 03:13 AM
http://www.jackashcustom.com/

Lofland
February 8, 2006, 12:46 PM
Hakan Pek might make you a custom pair for the 97B.

http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/

Peter M. Eick
February 11, 2006, 03:43 PM
I sold mine. I lost faith in it after the barrel broke. Also I could not justify wasting a perfectly good 45acp round in the 97b when I had my Les Baer PII in 45acp and my pre-25 tricked out target revolver. It was just another chunk of steel lost in the safe, so it had to go.

If you enjoyed reading about "Invested again in my poor, neglected CZ-97" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!