AES-10

PDA

Domino
February 7, 2006, 05:10 PM
I just thought I would make a post informing all of you of a new rifle offered by Century. The AES-10 is a RPK style AK that I imagine is built off a standard WASR reciever (although I'm not sure). I think its pretty cool, any thoughts?

http://www.centuryarms.com/store/newsdesk_info.php?newsdesk_id=6&osCsid=4ade3ef20b2e7f92d75fa2d5e3fb5189

If you enjoyed reading about "AES-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Domino
February 7, 2006, 11:55 PM
No one interested? hmmm...

rbernie
February 8, 2006, 07:38 AM
It's that whole 'Made by Century' thing... BTDT, and won't do that again.

Number 6
February 8, 2006, 09:41 AM
I have always wanted an RPK. There is something about a squad automatic weapon replica that I find really interesting. Given the opportunity I would purchase one.

Domino
February 8, 2006, 09:42 PM
There is something about a squad automatic weapon replica that I find really interesting. Given the opportunity I would purchase one.

Yeah me too, I have wanted an RPD for a while now but I think one of these would be more practical. The fact that it takes AK mags, has a built in bipod, a 23" heavy barrel, and a longer stock and sight radius means it would be hella fun to shoot from the prone position. I may have to get one of these in the near future.

beerslurpy
February 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
Bah, the AK47 does everything the RPK does in a smaller package with the same magazines.

The RPD is worth a peek, if only because it is belt fed.

Number 6
February 9, 2006, 05:37 AM
Bah, the AK47 does everything the RPK does in a smaller package with the same magazines.

Well yes and no. There is the advantage of a heavier barrel and some extra velocity. I realize that these are not huge advantages, but if we are only going to buy firearms for their practical purposes then my collection would be quite a bit smaller. Sometimes things are cool despite there being more practical choices.

thereisnospoon
February 9, 2006, 05:46 AM
If I only bought things that were "practical", my entire collection would consist of:

a .22 rifle
a .22 pistol
a reveolver in .357 Mag or .44 mag
a 12 ga. shotgun
a 30-06 bolt

end

USMCRotrHed
February 9, 2006, 06:00 AM
Every firearm I have ever bought was practical. It fulfilled a need I had at the time of purchase.

Yes, "That looks cool, I gotta have one" is a practical need!

If you enjoyed reading about "AES-10" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!