leupold rifleman for benchrest?

PDA

C-grunt
February 9, 2006, 02:18 PM
I am putting together a bench rifle and am looking at scopes. A few people are telling me that a fixed power scope is better for a bench gun. I just found a 4-12x leupold that I like for a good price. My question is, would the leupold be a good bench scope or should I go with a fixed power?

If you enjoyed reading about "leupold rifleman for benchrest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ocabj
February 9, 2006, 02:39 PM
I am putting together a bench rifle and am looking at scopes. A few people are telling me that a fixed power scope is better for a bench gun. I just found a 4-12x leupold that I like for a good price. My question is, would the leupold be a good bench scope or should I go with a fixed power?

Distance?

The benchrest shooters I know that shoot 50, 100, 200 yards will use a 36x or 40x fixed. Leupolds are popular, but the Weaver T series is a cheaper alternative with excellent glass.

duckslayer
February 9, 2006, 02:43 PM
If you are going to be changing distances wth your shots, I would suggest getting a scope that has click adjustments for elevation, not the friction adjustments. If you spend a little more money you can get a VX-II.

If you enjoyed reading about "leupold rifleman for benchrest?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!