Need some advice ??

PDA

deerman
February 10, 2006, 12:14 AM
I just purchased a Ruger 44 magnum carbine rifle for 350.00 and i was wandering what those guns are worth.......i do not know a whole lot on guns and there value but i baught this 44 mag anyways.......it is old i think, it has an aluminum or metal butplate and the serial number starts out with 100......but overall it is in excellent shape.......no knicks in the wood and no rust at all...........so my question is did i do good with paying 350 for it or did i get burnt.........

and i hi to everyone i am new to this place.......

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some advice ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bogie
February 10, 2006, 12:22 AM
Really depends on condition. Heck, I like pistol-calibre rifles...

Moondoggie
February 10, 2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome Deerman!

Sounds like a decent price....I think I paid about $300 for a NIB Win 94 in .45 LC about 12 yrs ago.

You can go to GunBroker.com and do a search to see if any are listed. It's the equivalant of Ebay for guns.

deerman
February 10, 2006, 12:25 AM
yes so far i like it,,,,,,,i have only shot it about 10 rounds but for a pistol round its got a punch to it...........

the condition is excellent for its age.......looks great........

but 350 was alot to shell out i thought but i took a liking to it i guess u could say........

i just hope i didnt get burnt to bad lol.......

mnrivrat
February 10, 2006, 12:36 AM
Ruger 44 carbine was discontinued in 1985 and although I don't know the current prices they were booking for around $300 back around 1990 . I'm thinking $350 was not a bad price at all.

My brother used his for short range (wooded areas) deer hunting and it worked well for that purpose out to 100yds. I haven't heard any bad things about them so I think you'll enjoy yours.

deerman
February 10, 2006, 12:38 AM
thanks alot guys,,,,,,,so far im feeling better even after spending that much cash on a used gun....but heck thats not real bad it could have been more.............i try to think positive lol.....

If you enjoyed reading about "Need some advice ??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!