Trading guns

PDA

poperb
February 11, 2006, 05:20 PM
I got a gun question on trading, do you have to be residents of the same state when trading guns??? I understand about selling and the FFL stuff. Please let me know. I have been wondering. Thanks

Randy

If you enjoyed reading about "Trading guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PinnedAndRecessed
February 11, 2006, 06:21 PM
I got a gun question on trading, do you have to be residents of the same state when trading guns??? I understand about selling and the FFL stuff. Please let me know. I have been wondering. Thanks

Randy

Let me cast a vote before the true experts chime in. No, you do not have to be residents of the same state, but you do have to go through FFLs just as if it was a cash transaction.

Instead of only one party accepting a description of a weapon, you now have two parties accepting descriptions of two weapons.

All other laws apply.

Hope this helps.

Walt Sherrill
February 12, 2006, 07:43 PM
The laws don't really seem to care whether you're selling, buying, trading, or gifting -- its the transfer of ownership ACROSS STATE LINES that federal government is concerned with.

Intra-state transactions are covered by state laws.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trading guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!