Another Sterotype Falls Victim To Girls :-)

PDA

Oleg Volk
February 11, 2006, 11:53 PM
Stuck with a pink poodleshooter and an EOTech holosight for a crutch...as if she can't shoot just fine with irons!

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/madmike/pinkrifle0520.sized.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Sterotype Falls Victim To Girls :-)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M92FS
February 11, 2006, 11:57 PM
Stuck with a pink poodleshooter and an EOTech holosight for a crutch...as if she can't shoot just fine with irons!

that's a airsoft gun or a real gun ? :confused:

it's looks like purple . :)

pauli
February 12, 2006, 12:02 AM
if it wasn't literally spelled out, i wouldn't know it was pink.

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 12:08 AM
Airsoft or real? Guess.

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/madmike/pinkrifles0511.sized.jpg

mrmeval
February 12, 2006, 12:12 AM
It's real. I've fired it. Belongs to the daughter of a THR member. The furniture is Cavalry Arms.
You can get them in a whole rainbow of colors. :)

that's a airsoft gun or a real gun ? :confused:

it's looks like purple . :)

mustanger98
February 12, 2006, 12:13 AM
I grew up with a little sister (4 years younger than myself). I know how little girls shoot. I know how they shoot when they grow up.

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!

Car Knocker
February 12, 2006, 12:25 AM
Both views look very pink on my monitor.

Optical Serenity
February 12, 2006, 12:29 AM
Very nice Oleg! I love it!

Ironbarr
February 12, 2006, 12:34 AM
if those photos escape THR you will have to have your kevlar on. Pretty pics... sure to rattle anti cages. :cool:

-AndyB

M92FS
February 12, 2006, 03:28 AM
It's real. I've fired it. Belongs to the daughter of a THR member. The furniture is Cavalry Arms.
You can get them in a whole rainbow of colors. :)

thks a lot for the info. I know rifle stocks are available in green , camo , wood and black. that's the first time I see a fancy color. :)

it's pink. :)

Waitone
February 12, 2006, 04:20 AM
Brings a who new meaning to "do for the children". :evil:

boogieshoes
February 12, 2006, 09:58 AM
she's cute, isn't she? Oleg had another pic of this same model not so long ago with the same (i think) rifle and a purple teddy bear. so i immediately copied it to my desktop folder of photos i'd like to turn into cross-stitches someday :D

at the rate i'm going, it'll only take another 30 years to get it done ;)

-bs

AirForceShooter
February 12, 2006, 10:05 AM
I think my daughter is still laughing.

AFS

Kaylee
February 12, 2006, 10:26 AM
That is so cute... I like it!

(needs some nice fairy stickers or suchlike on it though. :D )

1911 guy
February 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
Maybe a "Hello Kitty" or a "Pokemon" on the buttstock. That might be enough to give the Brady Bunch coniptions.

Quantrill
February 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
Gives new meaning to the phrase, "Pretty in Pink".

rero360
February 12, 2006, 11:41 AM
I bet she's got one proud father. awsome pics Oleg, you are the master.

when I was deer hunting back in nov. we took a break and broke out my friend's son's christmas gift, a ruger 10/22. I scoped iit up and took it out back to sight it in (just so it was on paper though, give him something to work for) and his daughter went and got her 22 to shoot along with us, she's maybe 10, she had a little single shot lever action 22 and I tell you what, she is probably a better shot than I am. and I'm in the infantry, :what: . maybe I'll have a daughter of my own someday to teach to shoot.

sm
February 12, 2006, 12:12 PM
Gummy Bear...come out, come out wherever you are...

That is so Cool!!

I just know Mom and Dad are walking three feet up in the air with swelled chests!

Great reflection of this young ladies parents from this poster as well!

hso - you and the wife "done good" !

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
That's madmike's kid! Hso and his family are on the way to Nashville now, so I'll do photos of both Morrigan and Michaela today.

taliv
February 12, 2006, 01:59 PM
come on oleg! you should know this by now.... focus on the FRONT sight!

:neener:

nice poster, cute kids

sm
February 12, 2006, 02:36 PM
That's madmike's kid! Hso and his family are on the way to Nashville now, so I'll do photos of both Morrigan and Michaela today.

Oops! My Mistake - sorry!.

Morrigan and Michaela

Pink M&Ms ! :D

Gonna make for a GREAT Photo Shoot!!

Steve

MedGrl
February 12, 2006, 03:07 PM
I love your posters...especialy as a woman in the gun users catagory. Many of the older (many not all) men try to pidgeon hole us into girrly or weaqk catagories...thanks for helping disspell all myths about guns and girls with guns:D

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/knoxville/michaela0717.sized.jpg

sm
February 12, 2006, 04:24 PM
What a Great Expression!

For Freedom Folks - Our Future.

Tyranny - your worst nightmare!

:D

xjmox14x
February 12, 2006, 04:27 PM
One girl that NO MAN will break the heart of when she grows up.

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 06:38 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/madmike/morrigan_michaela0677.sized.jpg

Deathrider1579
February 12, 2006, 06:44 PM
I think I like that last one best!

-DR

crazed_ss
February 12, 2006, 06:52 PM
Are those real ARs?
If so, I really hope those children respect the power if them and dont see them as colorful toys.

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 06:59 PM
One is a .22 CZ upper, the other a .223. Both had barrels turned down to the original M16 weights. The girls are quite safe. Both are very mature for their age, I'd have no reservations about letting them loose in my home. Both show natural graciousness, in addition to the learned politeness. when I gave one of them a chocolate bar, the first words were: "We can share this." I also gave one of them a 30rd box of IMI .223 ball and had to modify the label "Keep out of reach of children." It now reads Keep out of reach of ordinary children.

TexasRifleman
February 12, 2006, 07:04 PM
Are those real ARs?
If so, I really hope those children respect the power if them and dont see them as colorful toys.

Are you on the right website? I'd be sadly disappointed to learn that those were NOT real guns.

I'd be willing to bet both of them are well instructed and well supervised and probably as "gun safe" as you can make a kid.

You can't be so naive as to think that the color of a gun makes it any more or less a gun.

crazed_ss
February 12, 2006, 07:07 PM
Are you on the right website?

Why do you ask? Are we all required to have the same opinions on everything on this site?

The_Antibubba
February 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
Just two little girls, preparing for a tea party.

A Boston Tea Party.

:p

hso
February 12, 2006, 10:39 PM
Why do you ask? Are we all required to have the same opinions on everything on this site?

Crazed_ss,

No problem. A lot of folks are familiar with Michaela's shooting experience and Morrigan's. They're just a bit ahead of you with knowing something about both girls.

Michaela has grown up around guns and knows exactly what they can and can't do (can KILL/DESTROY, can't do it without someone touching it). She's been quoting firearms rules (at a $.10 a pop) for a while and will spontaneously go through them without any prompting. She's safer with firearms than most adults (possibly safer than most of the adults on this site). She understands death and grief and would not want herself and her rifle to be responsible for either. She has never played with toy guns and has never viewed them as toys. Rest assured she understands the power of her rifle and doesn't mistake it for anything else. As to the color, not everything has to be basic black.;)

boogieshoes
February 12, 2006, 11:02 PM
Crazed_ss,

No problem. A lot of folks are familiar with Michaela's shooting experience and Morrigan's. They're just a bit ahead of you with knowing something about both girls.

and last i saw, Morrigan can outshoot our beloved infantry herself. well, at least one of them. :evil:

that was really quite funny, to see all those grown men wince cause she was shooting so well, and they... weren't, quite. ;)

-bs

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 11:42 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/madmike/morrigan0721.sized.jpg

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/knoxville/michaela0703.sized.jpg

madmike
February 12, 2006, 11:45 PM
I don't know if Oleg noticed while setting up, but the first thing Morrigan did was clear both weapons and ground them pointing downrange.

We've almost got the little brother trained, too.

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 11:49 PM
I did notice. You and hso have great kids. I'd sooner have Morrigan and Michaela loitering around my home with holstered sidearms than many chronologically adult people. Both show remarkable consideration for other people and respect for the property and privacy of others.

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/madmike/threefriends0781.sized.jpg

Ironbarr
February 12, 2006, 11:52 PM
I don't know if Oleg noticed while setting up, but the first thing Morrigan did was clear both weapons and ground them pointing downrange.

We've almost got the little brother trained, too.There is a major one thing you and the girls have - that is a definite leg up on the V-POTUS with regard to safety procedures. http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=4490981

Well done, sir and ladies.

-AndyB

Oleg Volk
February 12, 2006, 11:59 PM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/knoxville/michaela_morrigan0805.sized.jpg

Oleg Volk
February 13, 2006, 12:29 AM
http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/ar15m16/purplear0762.sized.jpg

Nitrogen
February 13, 2006, 12:34 AM
Call me crazy, but I really don't like those rifles.

They look too much like toys.

I can't think of a real reason to be skeezed by that fact, but, I am, nonetheless.

Oleg Volk
February 13, 2006, 12:35 AM
And engraved guns look too much like jewelry to me. To each his own.

http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/albums/ar15m16/pinkar0752.sized.jpg

Berek
February 13, 2006, 01:07 AM
I forget where I saw it, but there was a pic of a secretary with an AR-15 that was ALL pink. The way I see it, females can accessorize with just about anything. Why not run an ad campaign of "Pretty and Pretty Functional"?

Insofar as safety, I hold the opinion that if Oleg feels safe, that's good enough for me.

My g/f's daughter wants my Hi-Point. If I had it painted a bright green, she'd go out of her mind to get one. Unfortunately, I don't feel she's quite ready. My daughter, on the other hand, is ready, but not really into shooting. She likes plinking if she has to accompany us to the range, but if given the choice, she'd stay home and watch "That's So Stupid"... I mean "Raven"... :D

twoblink
February 13, 2006, 01:25 AM
I love the fact that her finger is off the trigger in the 2nd pic. She has more trigger dicipline than about 99% of our soldiers..

Pink is for girls..

hso
February 13, 2006, 05:29 AM
I'd rename the thread "Another Sterotype Falls Victim To Girls" just to turn sterotyping on it's head!

hso
February 13, 2006, 05:33 AM
Women are the only growing segement in the shooting sports. Back in 1999, Guns Magazine reported a Roper poll found that 47 million women would accept an invitation to go target shooting if invited. That's just a couple more than the Million Mom March can claim! But I wonder if that number is greater or smaller today? If you want to keep the sport alive and "disarm" those afraid of guns make an effort to get your daughters into shooting! Do whatever it takes to help them get interested (like dropping a wad of cash for a custom paint job in "her" colors).

Besides, if you can't get your male child off the couch and away from the TV/Gameboy, don't give up. You've probably got a better shooting buddy in your daughter anyway!

That is, if you're "man" enough to ask.

http://www.heritageshooting.org/hsi/events/nssc4w.php
http://www.alphecca.com/mt_alphecca_archives/002024.html
http://www.nrahq.org/women/
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/bowprogram.html

Byron Quick
February 13, 2006, 08:09 AM
I've a simple fix for the "looks like toys" opinions...simply don't have toy guns around-ever. Then everything that looks like a gun IS a gun. I've been around hso, family, and associates. Just from knowing hso, I'd assume his children were well trained in safety issues both regarding firearms and in general.

Technosavant
February 13, 2006, 08:26 AM
You know, I am wondering if we are going to be needing a new forum for teaching kids on how to treat guns. I would very much like to know what some of you (like madmike) has done to train the younger children so well.

When (and if) I get kids, I hope they are as good around them.

NineseveN
February 13, 2006, 09:38 AM
That's awesome! :D

hso
February 13, 2006, 09:59 AM
I've a simple fix for the "looks like toys" opinions...simply don't have toy guns around-ever.

Byron's correct, we've never had a remotely realistic looking toy gun around Michaela. This is the same approach I took 20 years ago with her older brother. Neither one of them are afraid of guns (JT has my 870 riot gun and bought his on handgun the week he turned 21. Anyone can see Michaela doesn't have a problem with firearms) and neither played at guns. Water guns were all exotic Buck Rogers-esque soakers, air rifles were treated as real guns (anything that can rupture an eye is a "real" gun), rubber band guns looked nothing like anything that shoots bullets. They didn't 'miss' a thing and both were allowed to shoot real guns at the earliest age they were interested. They both watched me and our friends shoot recreationally, knew what a gun was and what it could do and were allowed to participate as a privilege of demonstrating responsible and mature behavior with respect to firearms (within the limits of their age).

And it probably doesn't hurt (er, help:scrutiny: ) that I'm a health and safety professional who fixates on doing things safely.

crazed_ss
February 13, 2006, 10:03 AM
and last i saw, Morrigan can outshoot our beloved infantry herself. well, at least one of them. :evil:

that was really quite funny, to see all those grown men wince cause she was shooting so well, and they... weren't, quite. ;)

-bs

Ahh ok.. I'm sorry then.. didnt mean to offend :D

3fgburner
February 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
Showed my wife one of the early ones. She said something about giving toy guns to girls.

Me: That's not a toy.
Her: A (at the time) 7-year-old has a BB gun?
Me: Nope. Real AR15.
Her: Her father gave her a real assault weapon? My God! Where's the mother?
Me: Uh, boot camp.....

Incidentally, I've shot with Morrigan. I trust her enough with firearms that I've invited her to shoot my Coehorn mortar sometime.

hso
February 13, 2006, 10:09 AM
Showed my wife one of the early ones. She said something about giving toy guns to girls.

Me: That's not a toy.
Her: A (at the time) 7-year-old has a BB gun?
Me: Nope. Real AR15.
Her: Her father gave her a real assault weapon? My God! Where's the mother?
Me: Uh, boot camp.....

Welcome! You might want to show her the entire thread and not just leave it at shock value.

OBTW You might want to tell her that Michalea's mom is a shooter too.

Oleg Volk
February 13, 2006, 10:10 AM
You know, I am wondering if we are going to be needing a new forum for teaching kids on how to treat guns. I would very much like to know what some of you (like madmike) has done to train the younger children so well.

I am writing an article for Concealed Carry Magazine on that topic and will also echo the findings on my web site (a-human-right.com)

Fly320s
February 13, 2006, 10:34 AM
Very nice, Oleg. "Milk and cookies" is my favorite.

Technosavant
February 13, 2006, 11:19 AM
I am writing an article for Concealed Carry Magazine on that topic and will also echo the findings on my web site (a-human-right.com)

Thanks, Oleg. Let us know when it gets up. This is a recurring topic around here, and despite the hoplophobe's cry of "Guns and children! Dear heavens, are you insane?", it will be nice to have a guide to use. Such knowledge on how to raise kids in this area may have been commonplace a century ago, but it seems to have been deliberately buried.

TechBrute
February 13, 2006, 11:57 AM
Having 2 girls (turning 2 and 4 later this year), I love this whole thread sooooo much, except for the people that act like you can't teach a kid that something is not a toy, regardless of other toys or the color of it.

hso
February 13, 2006, 01:29 PM
Having 2 girls (turning 2 and 4 later this year), I love this whole thread sooooo much, except for the people that act like you can't teach a kid that something is not a toy, regardless of other toys or the color of it.

You're a lucky fellow! That 2-6 range is marvelous since they're not selfconcious about throwing themselves at you and hugging you so hard you think your head will pop off!

I'm not sure about what you mean by, except for the people that act like you can't teach a kid that something is not a toy, regardless of other toys or the color of it..

I'm very lucky in that I have a pistol range right off my back porch. Shooting isn't something we have to make a trip to 'go and do' so it's been as mundane a part of day to day life as playing with the dog or watching TV for Michaela. To make certain that she was never confused about guns my wife and I agreed that we'd be sure to always comment on what guns did and didn't do and what they were and weren't when they came on TV or were shown in movies. We never bought toy guns that could be mistaken for a real gun because we wanted to avoid the "this is a toy, that is real" question and conflicts in how they might be handled.

TechBrute
February 13, 2006, 01:51 PM
My impression is that some people think that you can't teach a kid that something isn't a toy if it is toy-colored, or they think that kids won't be able to distinguish between a toy gun and a real gun. I agree that some "toys" that are made to look completely realistic might pose a problem, but I don't think that buying my daughter a purple squirt gun shaped like a space blaster will cause her to be unable to tell that her purple AR15 is a real gun. I agree with your method of "gunproofing the kids", the comment was not directed at anyone specifically, and definately not at you. :)

And yes, I do enjoy my girls being this age.

hso
February 13, 2006, 02:36 PM
I don't think that buying my daughter a purple squirt gun shaped like a space blaster will cause her to be unable to tell that her purple AR15 is a real gun.

Yep. Michaela's super soaker is a yellow and purple and pink migrane-inducing vision while her rubber band gun is a pink FireWheel. We've made sure that all toy "guns" look like something other than actual firearms (although a pink Storm might be confusing:neener: )

For anyone that wonders if I'm trying to "make her a boy" she's in a Brownie troop, takes gymnastics 2 days a week, collects Littlest Pet Shop critters and "studies" self defense with me at least 3 times a week. One of her "uncles" asked if I was developing the next Alias cast member.;)http://www.firewheel.com.au/images/fwpics/big/pinkladybig.jpghttp://www.sscentral.org/reviews/cps1200_1.jpg

madmike
February 13, 2006, 02:46 PM
I've a simple fix for the "looks like toys" opinions...simply don't have toy guns around-ever.

That's pretty much the rule here. My wife berated me once (Justifiably) because I left one of our merchandise pellet pistols on the top shelf of my desk. Well out of reach of a crawler, and no pellets in the house, but it was a bad move. And it happened because I thought, "Oh, it's not a real weapon, no biggie."

Wrong.

Of course, there are weapons in my office now, but the kids are older and trained to not touch. I still keep the ammo separate except for stuff I'm using, and I tend to have the weapons apart for builds or work.

madmike
February 13, 2006, 02:54 PM
Morrigan's a Brownie, studying kung fu now and then, and also does archery. We'll be working on stick as she gets older.

She can also turn a box, broken chair, broken branches or lumber and a blanket into a comfy playhouse/emergency shelter in about 30 seconds, and asks disturbingly intelligent questions at times.

And her hobbies are Bratz and American Girl.

Now if I can just find a toy AR scaled for her American Girl doll...

The first range trip with her AR (after her Crickett) was fun.

"Wow, that little girl's got a pink airsoft. How cute!"

BANG!

"Um...that's not an airsoft."

BANG! BANG!

"Holy #@$%, that's not even a rimfire!":evil:

secamp32
February 13, 2006, 03:23 PM
KalashniKitty shirts.

http://static.flickr.com/35/70650683_c112d83f2d.jpg?v=0

I printed Kalashnikitty out for my daughter (6 yo) and she wanted to bring it to school for show and tell. Knowing how paranoid they are here in NY she probably would have been expelled.

Malone LaVeigh
February 13, 2006, 03:25 PM
I think a better caption would be "Girls just want to have guns."

madmike
February 13, 2006, 03:44 PM
I think a better caption would be "Girls just want to have guns."

I suggested that, but the cookies works.

cbsbyte
February 13, 2006, 04:06 PM
Oh my God....what have you done!!!! Those girls will now become homcidal maniacs!!!! For the love of god you must take them to the nearest Brady center to have their brains washed of this terrible incident. How could you do that to those poor defensiveless girls. :evil:

Strings
February 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
>Now if I can just find a toy AR scaled for her American Girl doll...<

Hmmm... I'll have to see what the scale is. I have a couple 12" scale ARs laying around here, and would be fine donating... ;)

>The first range trip with her AR (after her Crickett) was fun.

"Wow, that little girl's got a pink airsoft. How cute!"

BANG!

"Um...that's not an airsoft."

BANG! BANG!

"Holy #@$%, that's not even a rimfire!"<

And you didn't get video?!?!? :fire: :cuss: :banghead:

hso
February 13, 2006, 04:13 PM
American Girl dolls are about 1.5 ft tall.http://store.americangirl.com/images/436744-bug_cat.gif

hso
February 13, 2006, 04:14 PM
How could you do that to those poor defensiveless girls. :evil:

I think the idea is to make sure they aren't "poor defenseless girls" :evil:

madmike
February 13, 2006, 04:19 PM
Oh my God....what have you done!!!! Those girls will now become homcidal maniacs!!!! For the love of god you must take them to the nearest Brady center to have their washed of this terrible incident. How could you do that to those poor defensiveless girls. :evil:

You'll find @#$% like that on the web, about these pictures. One alleged "conservative" gun owner was lambasting me for "forcing" my daughter to appear in political ads.

Force. Yeah. As if anyone can force that kid to do ANYTHING she sets her mind against. "Stubborn" doesn't even start to describe it. And of course, those grins are totally faked. Oleg photoshopped them in. ;) :banghead:

No video--didn't have a camera with me.

madmike
February 13, 2006, 04:36 PM
Rule 37: There is no "overkill". There is only "Open fire", and "I need to reload".
"7 Habits of Highly Effective Pirates", quoted in Schlock Mercenary

27: Never be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

21: If violence isn't your last resort, you've failed to resort to enough of it.

8: Mockery and derision have their place. Usually it's on the far side of the airlock.

12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.

13: Do unto others.

Rule 16: Your name is in the mouth of others: Be sure it has teeth.

ALS
February 13, 2006, 05:05 PM
As one of my Marine Instructors once said
"If you show up for a fight and it's a fair fight, You were not prepared".
At least no one will ever accuse these two girls of being not prepared.:neener:

cbsbyte
February 13, 2006, 05:08 PM
Nevermine

Strings
February 13, 2006, 09:56 PM
hmmm... might be difficult, but I MIGHT be able to find something. Let me see what I can do...

Limeyfellow
February 13, 2006, 10:08 PM
Pink furniture for the Ar is not that uncommon nowadays. You can get stuff in lots of colours now. Cavalry Arms is quite famous for it amongst other stores.

madmike
February 13, 2006, 10:11 PM
Pink furniture for the Ar is not that uncommon nowadays. You can get stuff in lots of colours now. Cavalry Arms is quite famous for it amongst other stores.

They've discontinued most of the colors. I have a few sets still and occasionally dig out another somewhere.

Will Fennell
February 13, 2006, 10:47 PM
Mikey,
I'm VERY happy to see my niece is doing soooooo well......just let me know when I get to start further blocks of instruction;)

Remember, Good Uncle Will, Bad Uncle Anthony:neener:

hso
February 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
just let me know when I get to start further blocks of instruction

Let me know when!!!

hso
February 13, 2006, 11:38 PM
They've discontinued most of the colors. I have a few sets still and occasionally dig out another somewhere.

I thinkt the guys at Coal Creek still have some CavArms furniture sets in exotic colors.

madmike
February 13, 2006, 11:41 PM
I thinkt the guys at Coal Creek still have some CavArms furniture sets in exotic colors.

By all means buy from them after I run out.;)

3fgburner
February 14, 2006, 07:25 AM
Welcome! You might want to show her the entire thread and not just leave it at shock value.
OBTW You might want to tell her that Michalea's mom is a shooter too.

This was a while back - from Oleg's first set of Morrigan pics. Definitely before Pennsic last year. Wife's gotten over it :D.

SMLE
February 14, 2006, 07:47 AM
Pluvo posted this pic on another thread
(http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182444)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3461/kazmags3at.jpg

hso
February 14, 2006, 08:36 AM
By all means buy from them after I run out.;)

How many sets in what colors do you have? I've got a couple of other people that are interested in exotic color schemes.

madmike
February 14, 2006, 09:30 AM
How many sets in what colors do you have? I've got a couple of other people that are interested in exotic color schemes.

Sent private message

mtnbkr
February 15, 2006, 04:11 PM
She's been quoting firearms rules (at a $.10 a pop)
Assuming she gets the dime for each rule she correctly quotes...

That's a damn fine idea. I'm gonna use that with my daughter once she's old enough (she's only 2.5yo now).

Chris

Waitone
February 15, 2006, 04:27 PM
2-1/2 years old is the time to start on diction lessons.

Stock
Bolt
grip
barrel
sight
scope
furniture
rug
caliber
brass
hollowpoint

You can also mix in math lessons
--7,000 grains = 1 lb.
--Count to 10,000 by 50's

No need to wait! :D

madmike
February 15, 2006, 04:39 PM
Morrigan's pretty good on nomenclature. Will have to review again. She's very good on wrist locks and groin strikes.:evil:

Still haven't started the boy on shooting. He's safe enough not to play with them, but not safe enough to handle them right. Maybe this summer.

Ironbarr
February 15, 2006, 05:00 PM

Stock
Bolt
grip
barrel
sight
scope
furniture
rug
caliber
brass
hollowpoint

--7,000 grains = 1 lb.

LOL - Waitone saying don't wait. :D

-AndyB

mtnbkr
February 15, 2006, 05:44 PM

Stock
Bolt
grip
barrel
sight
scope
furniture
rug
caliber
brass
hollowpoint

--7,000 grains = 1 lb.

She already knows that they're my "boom booms". She also knows that when I'm reloading, it has something to do with my "boom booms".

We'll get to specifics later. :D

Chris

tellner
February 15, 2006, 06:54 PM
Just too cute. They'll scare off a fair number of boys when they get older, but only ones you wouldn't want hanging around them. And they will never believe that they can't do "boy stuff" simply because they're girls.

Good for you!

madmike
February 15, 2006, 07:07 PM
Just too cute. They'll scare off a fair number of boys when they get older, but only ones you wouldn't want hanging around them. And they will never believe that they can't do "boy stuff" simply because they're girls.

Good for you!

I'll be cleaning guns.

"Pink and purple assault rifles?!"

"Yup. Pink is hers. Purple is Mom's. Mom wants her back at 11. Mom's a combat photographer who did boot camp at age 36. I wouldn't argue with her, if I were you."

mustanger98
February 15, 2006, 07:31 PM
I'd like to see the looks on those boys' faces when they see her the first evening taking out their AR's and cleaning them.:D I can see 'em squirmin' now. And wait till them and the boys go out to shoot and the girls outshoot the boys... talk about some hurt egos for some of those guys.

lwj2
February 15, 2006, 09:48 PM
Very nice, Oleg. "Milk and cookies" is my favorite.

I agree, good one, Oleg.

Leon

TechBrute
February 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
I forget where I saw it, but there was a pic of a secretary with an AR-15 that was ALL pink.
Might have been Ronnie Barrett's daughter. She is their Directory of Marketing (IIRC), and she keeps a pink Cavarms on her desk. ...ON her desk.

Fred Fuller
February 15, 2006, 10:02 PM
Not EBRs-

EPRs!

lpl/nc (gotta love it)

lwj2
February 15, 2006, 10:04 PM
That's pretty much the rule here. My wife berated me once (Justifiably) because I left one of our merchandise pellet pistols on the top shelf of my desk. Well out of reach of a crawler, and no pellets in the house, but it was a bad move. And it happened because I thought, "Oh, it's not a real weapon, no biggie."

Wrong.

For general info, so far in the last ten months: one pneumothorax, one bowel resection, (with attendant abdominal sepsis) one ruptured globe (eye) from BBs -- not, note, pointed pellets.

(I work in a hospital.)

Poor weapons handling safety in two instances, one instance of acute stupidity.

Leon

whm1974
February 15, 2006, 10:23 PM
Poor weapons handling safety in two instances, one instance of acute stupidity.

Personally I think air guns are more dangours then firearms. After all people tend to do thing with them they would do with guns.

-Bill

Autolycus
February 16, 2006, 03:58 AM
Pluvo posted this pic on another thread
(http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=182444)
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3461/kazmags3at.jpg

And I dont even have one AK...:mad:

madmike
February 16, 2006, 08:04 AM
And I dont even have one AK...:mad:

Neither do I.

I have one AR per family member, plus a couple I store for friends in crappy neighborhoods, and some spare SKSes for guests who may have forgotten to bring theirs, and then old bolt guns and shotguns for people willing to take a turn on zombie patrol for space.

cidirkona
February 16, 2006, 08:31 AM
I know how little girls shoot. I know how they shoot when they grow up.

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID!!!

Cheney reaction? Girl accidentally shoots boyfriend (http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?id=6219)

-Colin

hso
February 16, 2006, 12:45 PM
Cheney reaction? Girl accidentally shoots boyfriend (http://www.longmontfyi.com/Local-Story.asp?id=6219)

-Colin

That's a teenager that wasn't taught properly.

Strings
February 16, 2006, 01:38 PM
She ain't gonna be living THAT one down anytime soon...

hso
February 16, 2006, 01:47 PM
She ain't gonna be living THAT one down anytime soon...

Think of the insurance agent's face if they should ever get married?

Agent - "You shot him?!?"

Her - "That was before we were married." Him - "Ugh Hu, in'a back'a the head."

Agent - "Back of the head? With a gun?!"

Her - "It was only a .22." Him- "Waz only a .22."

Agent - "What, you were watching too much Sopranos?"

cidirkona
February 16, 2006, 02:11 PM
That's a teenager that wasn't taught properly.

I know, it was a joke... :)

-Colin

Strings
February 16, 2006, 03:50 PM
Thinking about it, you KNOW he'll stay faithful to her: he KNOWS she's willing to shoot him if he strays! :evil:

Henry Bowman
February 16, 2006, 04:26 PM
Last night I showed my 9 year old daughter Oleg's pictures in this thread. Her response: "Why don't I have a gun like that?"

madmike
February 16, 2006, 04:34 PM
Last night I showed my 9 year old daughter Oleg's pictures in this thread. Her response: "Why don't I have a gun like that?"

Well, why doesn't she?:evil:

Yes, I have a spare set of pink.

Krenn
February 16, 2006, 04:44 PM
Mike, have you documented your training methods? That could be your next publication right there, if you expanded beyond the firing range...

madmike
February 16, 2006, 04:56 PM
Mike, have you documented your training methods? That could be your next publication right there, if you expanded beyond the firing range...

I can do so. It would make a decent article.

Ironbarr
February 16, 2006, 05:17 PM
I can do so. It would make a decent article.It should be more like a "How Do You Do It" full-bore book - and please - no "[Subject...] For Dummies" ... tain't a "dummy" subject. :) :)

I'll bet there is book full of tales and tidbits - in addition to formal training & exercises that have filled your days. Here's a boldly (maybe too boldly) suggested title - "The Tactical Child" - or in case of different experiences with the sexes, "The Tactical Daughter" and "The Tactical Son".

I'll buy one.

-AndyB

madmike
February 16, 2006, 05:23 PM
It should be more like a "How Do You Do It" full-bore book - and please - no "[Subject...] For Dummies" ... tain't a "dummy" subject. :) :)
-AndyB

Well, we have a goodly number of photos. I'll get with Oleg and Gail for images, and see what I can come up with.

Strings
February 16, 2006, 06:14 PM
Hey mike... you wouldn't have a spare purple set laying around, would you? Spoon would LOVE a purple AR...

PistolPackin'Papa
February 16, 2006, 06:35 PM
How do I get permission, and how much would it cost, to get a copy of those 2 pictures. I have 3 granddaughters around that age. I would love to make them into posters for them.

madmike
February 16, 2006, 06:40 PM
Hey mike... you wouldn't have a spare purple set laying around, would you? Spoon would LOVE a purple AR...

Yup. Carbine and A1 length both. It's a dark wine purple. I can also do powder coating. Email me.

madmike
February 16, 2006, 06:42 PM
How do I get permission, and how much would it cost, to get a copy of those 2 pictures. I have 3 granddaughters around that age. I would love to make them into posters for them.

Email Oleg. As long as he pays Morrigan some small royalties for her use (Mostly so she can claim pro status, along with her one movie role so far), she's fine with it.

I, her agent, say so.;)

Strings
February 16, 2006, 07:25 PM
Email sent

hso
February 16, 2006, 07:53 PM

And you said?

Oleg Volk
February 16, 2006, 08:13 PM
PistolPackin'Papa, Henry Bowman, check your email.

Oleg Volk
February 17, 2006, 01:11 AM
http://r01ajrhc8.desktop.umr.edu:8080/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13972

Henry Bowman
February 17, 2006, 11:16 AM
And you said?I said, "Well, because that set-up costs at least a thousand dollars [she would want the Eotech, too]. Let's get you trained on what you've got first."

She has excellent taste in food and clothes already. And now guns....

Mike - How much for the pink furniture [carbine]? I might get that and set it aside for later when I pick up the rest a piece at a time.

All it takes is time and money.;)

madmike
February 17, 2006, 11:25 AM
Mike - How much for the pink furniture [carbine]? I might get that and set it aside for later when I pick up the rest a piece at a time.

PM sent.

Actually, after barter and such, I built that rifle for about $25. The EOTech was extra.

You'd be AMAZED what $65 pre-ban receivers sold for three years ago.:evil:

engineer151515
February 17, 2006, 11:55 AM
Think of the insurance agent's face if they should ever get married?

Agent - "You shot him?!?"

Her - "That was before we were married." Him - "Ugh Hu, in'a back'a the head."

Agent - "Back of the head? With a gun?!"

Her - "It was only a .22." Him- "Waz only a .22."

Agent - "What, you were watching too much Sopranos?"

I'm STILL laughing at this post.

hso
February 18, 2006, 09:47 AM
How much for the pink furniture [carbine]? I might get that and set it aside for later when I pick up the rest a piece at a time.

HB, you might want to grab the pink Cav Arms furniture from Mike right away. The company quit making that color and (I've been told) don't intend to make any more.

madmike
March 7, 2006, 02:24 AM
I'm trying to get all the colors I can from them.

Hard to get hold of.

chopinbloc
March 7, 2006, 08:36 AM
judging from the hearty response that the pink ar elicits every time mr. volk posts a new phot with it, i'd say cav arms (or some other company) could still turn a tidy profit by periodically making runs of colored furniture. isn't it all injection molded anyway? the tooling is all the same, it just requires a different color of plastic, right? i'd sure like to see more designer rifles. it took me quite a bit of searching to come up with the blue set that i bought for my lady friend.

madmike
March 7, 2006, 10:33 AM
Yes, but they then have to store the unsold ones and pay inventory tax.

Of course, they can store them at my place, where there is no state inventory tax.

Oleg Volk
March 16, 2006, 11:45 AM
I got the printable versions sent out today. Catch up with Mike's kid at the next gun show, she ought to have some posters available.

madmike
March 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
And she'll autograph them:)

A nice addition to her small professional portfolio.

Mannlicher
March 16, 2006, 12:02 PM
IMHO, pink furniture on a firearm, whether for a girl or not is pretty disgusting.
However, to each his (or her) own, as they say. :eek:

madmike
March 16, 2006, 12:17 PM
I could do you one in yellow or red...

mrmeval
March 16, 2006, 12:31 PM
Because of the anti-pink brigade I'm real tempted to pink out a 1888 commission rifle with Duracoat.

Dare me. :neener:

Or how about a nice emotive mauve?

Henry Bowman
March 16, 2006, 12:34 PM
IMHO, pink furniture on a firearm, whether for a girl or not is pretty disgusting.
However, to each his (or her) own, as they sayThis from a guys whose screen name is "Man Licker"?:what:

madmike
March 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
Duracoat offers options.

Chartreuse
Salmon
Peach
Mauve

Or paisley camo it in all four.

mrmeval
March 16, 2006, 01:00 PM
Or paisley camo it in all four.

Only if your daughter designs it and Oleg photgraphs it. :cool:

mrmeval
March 16, 2006, 01:01 PM
You all do know that they sent pink radars to Iraq?

madmike
March 16, 2006, 01:02 PM
I'll ask her.

madmike
March 16, 2006, 01:07 PM
And the SAS has hot pink Land Rovers that disappear in the sand. Yes.

PlayboyPenguin
March 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
I personally love the image of the pink weapon. It is kind of like seeing a pitbull in a pink chennile sweater. :)

madmike
March 16, 2006, 01:16 PM
I personally love the image of the pink weapon. It is kind of like seeing a pitbul in a pink chennile sweater.

:what: TMI with bad visual!

If you enjoyed reading about "Another Sterotype Falls Victim To Girls :-)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!