Hi-cap mags for Storm

PDA

boxcab
February 12, 2006, 02:04 PM
Did a search for magazines and the Cx4 Storm and did not find much detail. I have a 9mm version and would like to get some extra magazines for it. I'm looking for brand recomendations for 20 and 30 round mags. What brands have you found that work well and what brands don't?

Thanks,

-Dan

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-cap mags for Storm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boxcab
February 13, 2006, 08:21 AM
There is mention of "adapters" required for some magazines to fit the storm. Can someone clearify the need for an adapter for me?

Thanks,

-Dan

HighVelocity
February 13, 2006, 08:52 AM
I use the Mec-Gar 20 round mags for the Beretta 92. I think there are two different versions of the CX4, one uses 92 mags and the other uses PX4 mags.
Which version do you have?

boxcab
February 13, 2006, 09:38 AM
I use the Mec-Gar 20 round mags for the Beretta 92. I think there are two different versions of the CX4, one uses 92 mags and the other uses PX4 mags.
Which version do you have?

Highvelocity,

Thanks for replying.

I do not know? How do you tell what type you have?

-Dan

HighVelocity
February 13, 2006, 09:44 AM
How do you tell what type you have?

I must admit, I don't know. I'd look for a picture of a 92 mag and compare it to your current mag and see if they look the same.

boxcab
February 13, 2006, 07:23 PM
Thanks HV,

Maybe someone will chime in and educate the two of us.

BTW, how have the Mec-Gars worked for you? Have they been as reliable as the supplied factory mags?

Thanks again,

Dan

boxcab
February 15, 2006, 08:05 AM
I know that there a few more out there.
They must all be at the range enjoying their toys...

Still looking for recomendations and comments on hi-cap mags for the 9mm Storms.

Thanks,

-Dan

HighVelocity
February 15, 2006, 08:30 AM
Thanks HV,

Maybe someone will chime in and educate the two of us.

BTW, how have the Mec-Gars worked for you? Have they been as reliable as the supplied factory mags?

Thanks again,

Dan

100% reliable for me. They are really well made mags. Sig Uses Mec-gar mags as their factory mags now so that says a lot.

rero360
February 15, 2006, 10:58 AM
I have a couple of their mags for my storm in .40cal and they work perfectly, my only complaint is that they run dry to fast, 10 rounds just isn't enough for my plinking needs

Harry Tuttle
February 15, 2006, 01:05 PM
there were web pix of storm high caps from the SHOT show

Darkside
February 16, 2006, 11:47 AM
Man...I hope some of those were for the .45 Storm.

Darkside

RaetherEnt
February 16, 2006, 12:02 PM
Man...I hope some of those were for the .45 Storm.

Darkside

Right on Darkside! Just saw you were in Olathe. I'm in Shawnee, ALSO hoping for those hi-cap .45 Storm mags. Just a thought...I found someone here in town to smith up a .40S&W barrel shroud for the Storm to fit on the 45.

Darkside
February 16, 2006, 12:36 PM
RaetherEnt, Check your PMs

Darkside

If you enjoyed reading about "Hi-cap mags for Storm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!