DVDs with gun scenes just released?

PDA

Lightsped
April 13, 2003, 01:34 PM
I saw a new DVD at the store today. It is called Empire. Has anyone seen this movie? Is it a good gun/action movie?

How about one called Transporter? What is it about?

If you enjoyed reading about "DVDs with gun scenes just released?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LiquidTension
April 13, 2003, 01:51 PM
The Transporter was pretty darn good. Don't know about Empire, never saw it.

Anybody know when Equilibrium will be released?

LiquidTension
April 13, 2003, 02:35 PM
Nevermind. Equilibrium will be released on DVD two days before Matrix Reloaded. That's gonna be a VERY good week :D

The Transporter is about an ex special forces guy that transports "packages" from one place to another. His employers try to kill him and he beats everyone down. Good flick.

Lightsped
April 13, 2003, 07:01 PM
How are the gun scenes in those movies? What kind of guns? Realistic shootouts?

cool45auto
April 13, 2003, 08:57 PM
Love the preview where he kicks the door down while the guy looks thru the peephole. Can't wait to see it when the DVD comes out.

Don Gwinn
April 14, 2003, 10:20 AM
I haven't seen Empire, but I heard it was pretty bad. A drug dealer/gangster wants to go legitimate, so he contacts an investment guy on Wall Street to launder his cash by investing it in clean enterprises, with the eventual goal of phasing out all the illegal stuff.

Of course, they work in a morality tale about big business by having the evil corporate investment guy screw over the gang kingpin with a heart of gold.

The Transporter looks like a lot of fun. Something about that guy is fun to watch. If you haven't seen it, check out Snatch. Some people will tell you it's an anti-gun movie, but mostly it just has a lot of fun with wannabes. And it's eminently quotable.

LawDog
April 14, 2003, 10:24 AM
Get The Transporter, disengage your brain, and just watch it for fun. It's got all the action, speed and realism of the best of Hong Kong, combined with more than a dash of Euro scenery and a US budget.

The camera shots of tracers coming through the walls was worth the matinee price at the theatre.

And, trust me, you'll never look at used motor oil the same way again.

LawDog

If you enjoyed reading about "DVDs with gun scenes just released?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!