My range christening. NC.

PDA

V4Vendetta
February 13, 2006, 10:23 PM
This is the opening of my range at home. PM me for the exact address. February 25th. Saturday. From 2:00pm to 6:00pm. Bring your guns, ammo & any snacks you want. I'll be supplying 2 liter Pepsi products to drink. Rifles, handguns, shotguns, are all welcome. From the driveway to the range is 10 minute hike so wear comfortable shoes.

We'll be shooting at empty cans, cardboard shapes & other stuff. No alcohol please. I can just see one of us getting capped by a drunk with a .45 :D . I live in the Stokes county area. If we don't get enough people, I may have to cancel.

If you enjoyed reading about "My range christening. NC." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2Pilot
February 13, 2006, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the invitation. Sounds great but I'm down east & that's my weekend to work. Perhaps if I'm up that way later I could visit.

V4Vendetta
February 14, 2006, 10:26 AM
Guest list so far:

1: Me.
2: Ramius.
3: Ares45

I need at least 5 people. Weather permitting.

Frandy
February 14, 2006, 03:16 PM
Can I bring my yet-to-be-fired Garand?

Seriously, I'm checkin' my calendar and whether I want to drive 6 hours or so round trip that day. Might want to...

V4Vendetta
February 14, 2006, 04:26 PM
"Can I bring my yet-to-be-fired Garand?"

Of course.:) As far as driving 6 hours, that's your decision. I wouldn't do it but that's just me. If the weather cooperates, it'll be a real fun party I hope. I hope that you'll enjoy it especially if you drive all that way. There is no entrance fee. You have to bring your own equipment though. I don't even have a gun. I want to buy one but nobody's offering on any of my ads on the rifles & shotgun forum.:(

Ares45
February 14, 2006, 04:53 PM
An M1 Garand rifle. I'd love to see that.

A THR convention...this ought to be interesting....

Off the top of my head I can't say for sure whether I'll be free that weekend. If I am it sounds like a good time. I'll bring the HK's and maybe a few shotguns. Need to pattern my HD shotgun with some different ammo. No rifles, one is out on loan in South Dakota and the other is DOA, awaiting parts. I'd like to invite a friend if thats ok with you V4V. Let me know.

V4Vendetta
February 14, 2006, 04:58 PM
That's fine Ares. It sounds so far like there will be enough people. The game is on! If you guys drink 2 liter products, bring the emty containers. I like to make my own targets. Saves money for ammo.:D

neoncowboy
February 14, 2006, 05:01 PM
I won't be able to make it that weekend as I'll be at the RWVA riflemen's clinic in Ramseur, NC.

I would like to come up and shoot with you some weekend though...got a small airport nearby? I could fly up there in the Cherokee in an hour or 2.

V4Vendetta
February 14, 2006, 05:07 PM
:) I don't know of any airports nearby. I'll try to give a little more warning next time I plan a get-together though.

redbearde
February 14, 2006, 05:22 PM
For what it's worth, I cannot come this time, but I'm just on the other side of Boone and I would love to meet up with some THR folks sometime. So even if this time doesn't work out, definitely post again.

V4Vendetta
February 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
If anyone else wants to come, PM me.

V4Vendetta
February 16, 2006, 11:25 AM
So who all is in? Please post your names & descriptions so I'll know who's who. Only 10 days to go.:)

V4Vendetta
February 21, 2006, 01:34 PM
Ony 5 days left. According to the forecast it might rain Saturday but it could change between now & then. Even if it doesn't, they've been wrong before.:uhoh:

Stiletto Null
February 21, 2006, 03:21 PM
I'm too far away to make it, and I already have plans this weekend anyway. :(

I'm based in Raleigh, NC.

Frandy
February 21, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yes, this Raleigh-based guy isn't up for 6 hours on the road. Enjoy!

V4Vendetta
February 21, 2006, 03:46 PM
Dang. Well maybe you can get to the next shoot match.:) I've still got around 6 people coming if the weather's good. I'll try to inform you all a month or so in advance next time.

V4Vendetta
February 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
If anyone who's attending has a Mossberg Mariner 500 or 590 or a Remington Marine Magnum, could they please bring it so I could test one? I want to buy one but none of the local stores carry them in stock so I'd have to order one. That's fine with me, I just want to know which model feels right so I would know what I want before I spend $565.00 on a gun that won't fit me. Thanks. :)

Ares45
February 22, 2006, 11:01 PM
Weather looks good for Sat. Highs around 58-60, maybe 20% chance of rain.

Who's still coming???

V4Vendetta
February 23, 2006, 09:34 AM
I did some measuring over the weekend & found out that the range is only 50' long. You may shoot closer if you wish. I'm not sure how long a official range is supposed to be.:confused:

Frandy
February 23, 2006, 03:15 PM
Cause I have a 500 Mariner. I've had it for years, since the late 80s... Hate to tell you what I paid for it new back then. It would break your heart.

It's stock, nothing fancy. I pull the trigger and it goes BOOM! Ker-chunk. BOOM. A total of 5 times. :D

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=23658&d=1113261478

V4Vendetta
February 23, 2006, 04:19 PM
^^^^^^^
That photo is the 3'd most beautiful thing I've ever seen. The 1'st is a photo of a park in Wyoming. The 2'D is the ocean.

V4Vendetta
February 23, 2006, 09:20 PM
Here's the weather report so far: Partly cloudy skies early. A few showers developing later in the day. High near 60F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Since the forecast says it might rain "later in the day", I've decided to start the party at 12:00 noon until 6:00PM or until it starts to rain. That way we can still let off a few rounds before the storm.:)

V4Vendetta
February 24, 2006, 10:08 AM
Here's a update to the weather report: " Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. High 59F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph."

Seems the rain has been eliminated from the forecast.:)

V4Vendetta
February 24, 2006, 05:27 PM
In a few minutes I'll be leaving work which is where my computer is located so I figured I'd post one last update. For starters, here's the weather:

Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 60F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph.

If you need directions, PM me VERY quickly. I hope to see you there.:)

Date: Saturday the 25th.
Time: 12 noon until 6:00PM.
Free parking.
Free to get in.
Range distance: 50' maximum.
Bring your own guns & ammo.
I'll provide 2 liter Pepsi products to drink.

V4Vendetta
February 26, 2006, 02:30 PM
Well I have bad news folks.:( My parents are anti's who think that because I like guns I'm a evil maniac.:rolleyes: They've informed me that they don't want folks over to shoot anymore.:banghead: They are worried that someone might get hurt & then we'd be sued. So unfortunately this was the first & last shoot-out here.:(

'Card
February 26, 2006, 03:21 PM
Call me an old fart if you'd like, but I can't help but think that checking with your parents before you invited other people to their property might have been a good idea.

V4Vendetta
February 26, 2006, 03:54 PM
It's our property. I could still invite folks over to shoot but I've decided to follow their request. I don't want to get them to get sued if someone shoots someone else. I thought about making folks sign a form before I let them shoot saying that we weren't liable for any accidents but I heard that those forms don't carry any real weight in a court of law.

If you enjoyed reading about "My range christening. NC." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!