Where some of your tax $ went

PDA

Betty
April 13, 2003, 06:16 PM
Oleg and I found this trailer parked at the Ellington Agricultural Center in Nashville.
We didn't get to go inside.

http://www.olegvolk.net/runt_pics/guns/porta_range.jpg

http://www.olegvolk.net/runt_pics/guns/porta_range2.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Where some of your tax $ went" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
QuickDraw
April 13, 2003, 06:30 PM
Another title could be "Things you'll never see in
California" :D
Nice to see some tax $ being spent as promised.
If you ever get a chance to go inside,report back whats
in there.

QuickDraw

Sisco
April 13, 2003, 06:43 PM
My gun club has something like that although it's not funded by any tax dollars.
They take it to county fairs and the like and let kids shoot pellet guns after taking a brief safety course. They also get Eddie Eagle stuff and some info from the state Fish & Game dept.

F=ma
April 13, 2003, 07:21 PM
Just curious....Did you "give it a shot"? I've heard tales of the portable ranges with shredded rubber backstops throwing the separated copper jacket back at the shooter.

jsalcedo
April 13, 2003, 09:20 PM
Yeah I used one.

They hook it up to a rig and start swerving through traffic cones
while you fire a Barrett 50BMG out the back into man sized targets
along the course.
:evil:

zahc
April 13, 2003, 09:22 PM
jsalcedo is a genius:D

D.W. Drang
April 14, 2003, 01:34 PM
I swear, every time I log on to The High Road I'm that much closer to moving in with my parents... I bet you don't have congresscritters making statements fromBaghdad about ho we should give diplomacy a chance or tellin school kids we should try and be more loved by other naitns the way Osama Bin Laden does, too...
Of course, algore makes up for that. :evil:

Anyhoo, when I was stationed at Ft Cartoon, CO, the Hunter's Ed program included a mandatory range session, and they used single shot .22s without sights and a trailor-mounted mobile backstop, we fired the course in the NCO Club parking lot!

glockten
April 15, 2003, 01:33 AM
Great, TWRA has a portable range.

Meanwhile the Hunter Education Facility and range on Hobson Pike, in SE Davidson County, has been under development for YEARS and is STILL NOT OPEN.

Somewhere in Nashville there are bureaucrats who really need to pull their heads out and finish the damn thing.:mad:

Darrin
April 15, 2003, 08:02 AM
the Hunter Education Facility and range on Hobson Pike Where exactly? I live near Mt. Juliet.

glockten
April 15, 2003, 10:34 AM
Darrin, it's between Hamilton Church Rd. and the lake, on the east side of Hobson Pike.

CGofMP
April 16, 2003, 05:26 AM
Now that is fricking cool.

Its also one thing I will never see in CCCPalifornia :mad: :mad: :uhoh: :confused:

I hate this place...

If you enjoyed reading about "Where some of your tax $ went" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!