"Who knows about this handgun" ???

PDA

David
April 13, 2003, 06:22 PM
Today, on the Internet, I saw a photo of a really cool looking handgun called the "Kareen MK II".

I have attached its photo to this post below.

Can anyone tell me more about the Kareen MK II?

Does anyone own this handgun?

Is it 9mm, .40 cal., or other?

Is it sold in the USA?

What is its price?

Any website links to learn more about this unique looking handgun?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks...

If you enjoyed reading about ""Who knows about this handgun" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Wyatt
April 13, 2003, 06:49 PM
it looks like a chopped browning hi power, so i'd say it's sold in 9mm or .40.

I don't know who sells it or if it's importable.

JohnBT
April 13, 2003, 06:49 PM
It's an Israeli copy of the Hi-Power that was imported by Magnum Research IIRC. A search of TheFiringLine should turn up the details.

JT

Akurat
April 13, 2003, 06:53 PM
It looks strikingly similar to the Arcus 94 Compact, which is a BHP clone made in Bulgaria...although I don't recall seeing front slide serrations or the extended beavertail on the Arcus.

found a snippet of info about it here:
http://www.waronline.org/IDF/Articles/pistols.htm

which says in Russain that it is a High Power clone...but not much else..

very interesting

Steven Mace
April 13, 2003, 07:34 PM
The Kareen Mk II is a BHP clone that was made in Israel and imported to the USA during the early to mid-1990's by KSN Industries located in Houston, TX. It was chambered in either 9x19mm or .40 S&W. There was also a compact version. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

care-less
April 13, 2003, 08:06 PM
Everyone has already said it. A High Power copy, made in Israel by IMI, imported about ten years ago.

David
April 13, 2003, 09:16 PM
Is the Kareen handgun currently available new, or only on the used market?

Also, what is the current value of one in "very good" condition?

:p :p :p

Steven Mace
April 13, 2003, 10:06 PM
David, to the best of my knowledge the Kareen Mk II is no longer imported to the USA or even being manufactured in Israel. You can visit the Blue Book of Gun Values (http://store.bluebookinc.com/downloads/BrowseModel.asp?Product=firearms&Heading=497&HeadingName=KSN+INDUSTRIES+LTD%2E&CategoryName=PISTOLS%3A+SEMI%2DAUTO&Link=919&Level=1) to see the possible value of a used Kareen Mk II. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

Mike Irwin
April 14, 2003, 12:47 AM
A High Power copy/clone...

Funny...

They missed out totally on all of the High Power's charm, grace, and good looks...

David
April 14, 2003, 01:29 AM
Thanks to everyone for all your great info about a handgun I never heard of before today!

nagmashdriver
March 1, 2007, 01:05 AM
Dear Guys,
When I lived in Israel I carried the Hi-Power, among other pistols. How I wish I could have afforded to buy myself a Kareen MK II. The Kareen MK I is a straight copy of the P-35, whereas the MK II is everything that John Browning should have done the first time around. Probably the biggest improvement is the elongated hammer spur to protect the web of the hand from the infamous "hammer/slide bite".
On a related subject, I just scored an IMI Timberwolf on Gunbroker for a very reasonable price, unfortunately I have to fill out paperwork and pay a DROS and transfer fee, PLUS I have to wait a full ten days to pick it up! YOU try to wait ten days for a new gun!!!! Oh, well, I've been waiting this long for it......
If any of you fellows needs info on Israeli weapons or translations of the Hebrew, I'm glad to help.

DJGrant
March 1, 2007, 01:43 AM
Here's a short piece from Defense Review. Check out the old promotional video (QuickTime) at the bottom of the article.

http://www.defensereview.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=469

/dj

If you enjoyed reading about ""Who knows about this handgun" ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!