so give me your opp the D/V law

PDA

j grimes
February 14, 2006, 04:11 PM
:confused:domestic violance

If you enjoyed reading about "so give me your opp the D/V law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rms/pa
February 14, 2006, 05:18 PM
might need a teen to translate this one.

rms/pa

rms/pa
February 15, 2006, 07:45 AM
the only gun related part of the domestic violence laws that i can think of
is the lautenburgh ammendment. which is adding an extra punishment to crime commited before the law was passed.... seemingly something specificly prohibited in the constiution.

rms/pa

griz
February 15, 2006, 09:25 AM
Does that also prohibit someone accused of a crime from owning guns? I am not sure, just seems I have heard that.

45Frank
February 15, 2006, 01:15 PM
Enother New Jersy looser. Lausenburg. Has anyone seen a patern here.
Yes in NJ I was a VICTIM, just call the cops and say he yelled at me(from a hundred miles away), by the time the cops get there they know how many guns you own(Remember the non registeration of Guns) they will kick in your door ransack your house and step on your heard until they find them. And as I had sold most of mine let you sit in JAIL until they verify that, days, weeks, months whatever time it takes.
Then when you prove your innoscence in court. it takes enother 6 months to get your illegally confiscated things back. Yes you must grable in front of a Judge that you did nothing and had to spend five grand to prove it.
Good DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY New Jersey.

Pilgrim
February 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
The law pretty much guarantees that if you are a person in a rocky marriage where one or both parties is/are prone to much yelling and throwing things (senator clinton, for example), someone is going to lose their right to own and possess a firearm.

Since the solution to this is to get out of the marriage quickly, which is often nearly impossible, it behooves a gun enthusiast to be very, very careful whom he or she chooses for a life partner.

I just got out of an unpleasant marriage of almost thirty years. I did not attract the attention of the law or the anti-gunners because I helped the ex-PMS establish her own household. I continued to pay some of her bills. She was already established in a business I helped finance to creation. When I finally sued her for divorce, I was established as a resident in another state so she couldn't fabricate stories that I was stalking and threatening her. The guns were also safely stored in the other state.

Once the divorce was filed, I never called her nor did I have any contact with her. She did not have my phone number. All communications were done through my attorney. The PMS complained to others that she was afraid of me, but she had nothing concrete to take to court in order to get a restraining order. In the end, after much patience and time, I got out with my firearms rights intact.

Pilgrim

j grimes
February 15, 2006, 05:56 PM
thanks to all , pilgrim i was glad u made it out with your gun rights , but what can we do to overturn this law :cool: :fire:

Pilgrim
February 15, 2006, 11:30 PM
thanks to all , pilgrim i was glad u made it out with your gun rights , but what can we do to overturn this law
I expect nothing will happen until some powerful and popular figure gets screwed by the law or by his spouse's abuse of the restraining order racket.

Pilgrim

If you enjoyed reading about "so give me your opp the D/V law" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!