Holster break-in

PDA

Browns Fan
February 15, 2006, 03:23 PM
I just got a new holster from Crossbreed.com for my XD9. It is a little stiff and he recommends that you use leather conditioner to aid in the break-in process. What is leather conditioner and what brand would you recommend?

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster break-in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Majik
February 15, 2006, 03:33 PM
You don't want to use anything that would soften the leather.

For a quicker break-in process I'd just put the gun in the bag it came in and stuff that into the holster overnight. It should loosen up.

Or carry it around the house. It loosens up quicker with use.

TheEgg
February 15, 2006, 03:36 PM
Never mind -- I was about to lecture you on not using conditioners on a quality leather holster, and then I finally found the site -- crossbreedholsters.com.

It is a clone of the Tucker Answer, with kydex around the gun and a leather backing.

So, since it is not a leather holster, have fun -- go to WalMart and get Eagle Leather conditioner, usually found in the Car Department.

JJNA
February 16, 2006, 08:22 PM
Is something like this (http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/miscellaneous/body_miscellaneous.html) not good?

TheEgg
February 17, 2006, 10:46 AM
I have never used Leather lightning, but if Rosen is selling it, it will probably at least not harm the holster -- don't know if it would actually be worth $12.00.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster break-in" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!