Sights shifting on Mk. II

PDA

Glock Glockler
April 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
My Ruger Mark II, which I'm otherwise highly satisfied with, has a problem where the windage will shift on the adjustible sights after a few mags worth of firing. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

If you enjoyed reading about "Sights shifting on Mk. II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
762x51
April 14, 2003, 03:07 PM
Is it the blade moving or the whole sight in the dovetail? Have you checked the screw that keeps the sight tight in the dovetail? (located next to the elevation adjustment screw)

10-Ring
April 14, 2003, 03:50 PM
The screw on the front sight of my Ruger shoots loose every few hundred rounds. I usually just shoot w/ a screw driverclose by & tighten it up after every box.
Self adjusting rear sight would be a true inconvenience! Maybe a little lock tight or maybe replace the sight all together

Ledbetter
April 14, 2003, 06:26 PM
If the front sight is loose, loctite the screw.

As I recall, the rear sight blade is drifted by loosening the tiny screw on one side and tightening the screw on the other. Make sure all is snug.

Glock Glockler
April 14, 2003, 09:07 PM
It is the blade that is shifting, not the sight itself. I'll give a try to tighten the screw on the other side.

Thanks

ChristopherG
April 14, 2003, 09:52 PM
It took about 4 outings for me to conclude that both the front and rear sights on my 22/45 were garbage. Got a reddot, and don't miss 'em.
cg

If you enjoyed reading about "Sights shifting on Mk. II" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!