Terrorists Training for war in the USA

PDA

Seven High
February 17, 2006, 09:10 AM
Worldnet Daily has a lead article today about terrorist training camps in New York and Colorado. Very interesting. Its coming folks!:what:

If you enjoyed reading about "Terrorists Training for war in the USA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Manedwolf
February 17, 2006, 09:52 AM
Worldnet Daily has a lead article today about terrorist training camps in New York and Colorado. Very interesting. Its coming folks!:what:

Got a link?

And I doubt they'd try anything but suicide bombs and IEDs of some sort here. Certainly not 'warfare' in the traditional sense...they'd just be target practice for the National Guard.

As entertaining as that'd be.

Sungun09
February 17, 2006, 10:20 AM
I really don't give two (**ts) who these idiots are or what they do. I am perfectly capable and willing to defend my space. If they want to be martyrs, I believe we should help them become so..

Merkin.Muffley
February 17, 2006, 10:49 AM
Wolrd Net Daily - the National Enquirer of the Net. Any stories about haunted doll houses? Woman gives birth to three headed goat?

Preacherman
February 17, 2006, 10:55 AM
The article is at http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48868 - seems to be well documented.

BigRobT
February 17, 2006, 11:39 AM
Even though the World Net Daily is a bit "out there", what a better way than to build an attack, than from within?? I've surmised that things like this may have been happening all along. The wonderful thing for them is that they can do this all under the thin veil of "Freedom of Religion". I see another Waco on the horizon if this has any credence.

utahminirevolver
February 17, 2006, 11:47 AM
This sounds like the sort of thing that some liberal professor, progressive newspaper editor, or Hollywood producer would tell us we need to be understanding and tolerant about. Multiculturalism and diversity you know. :banghead:

The classic tale of the Trojan Horse is forgotten, just a myth of some dead white European males.

Cultural war can change into the regular, hellish kind pretty quick, especially if we continue sticking our heads in the sand. How about enforcing existing laws about immigration, sedition, treason, our borders, and the Second Amendment (notice the New York neighbors of this suspicious camp fear for their safety and live in a state with lots of legal infringements on citizens rights to keep and bear arms) for starters. Then consider detention centers, stripping traitors of US citizenship and mass deportations.

Fred Fuller
February 17, 2006, 12:10 PM
Terrorists training in the USA? Naaah, never happen.
------------------------------------------------

http://www.chomsky.info/articles/199112--02.htm#n29
"Turning to the 1980s, consider 1985, when media concern peaked. The major single terrorist act of the year was the blowing up of an Air India flight, killing 329 people. The terrorists had been trained in a paramilitary camp in Alabama run by Frank Camper, where mercenaries were trained for terrorist acts in Central America and elsewhere. According to ex-mercenaries, Camper had close ties to US intelligence and was personally involved in the Air India bombing, allegedly a "sting" operation that got out of control. On a visit of India, Attorney-General Edwin Meese conceded in a backhanded way that the terrorist operations originated in a US terrorist training camp.29"
==================================================

http://www.msnbc.com/news/668509.asp?cp1=1
"Dec. 27, 2001 British authorities plan to question a security expert who runs a firearms training camp in Alabama about claims that radical Muslims from Britain were honing their marksmanship on American soil before going off to fight for Islamic causes around the globe."
==================================================

...and so on... those are just a couple of incidents I remember.

lpl/nc

Camp David
February 17, 2006, 12:18 PM
Terrorists training in the USA? Naaah, never happen.

Now is appropriate to write your state and federal representatives to urge an increase in the daily bag limit on domestic terrorists... currently it is one (1) per day (either sex) but I think it fitting and proper that State Wildlife Fish & Game and Federal Homeland Security agencies raise this bag limit to five (5) each day (either sex) and allow terrorist hunting on Sundays.

;)

Zero_DgZ
February 17, 2006, 12:28 PM
Sounds like fearmongering to me.

*Gasp!* Evil, terrorist ragheads training to blow holes in the ground in our own back yards! Commentary by some talking head official at 11 detailing why we need to give up more of our rights so the Bush administration can protect us from these evildoers!

Yeah. Right. Sure.

I'll believe it when I see it. The USA, especially the more backwater parts of it (most of Colorado, for intance...) would be just about the worst place to try to pull that martyr crap. Even if it were happening, I give the chances of Radical Militant Group X to pull off more than one 'operation' at precisely zero.

Weather or not you belive the conspiracy crap about Timothy McVeigh, he got his arse nailed to the wall for his involvement in the Murrah incident. Weather or not you belive the conspiracy crap about the Branch Davidians in Waco and their 50 cal 'sniper rifles' and all that nonsense, the ATF whupped them pretty fierce. I can't imagine anyone else winding up with a lesser fate.

I dunno if anyone noticed, but here in the USA we have several very well funded and incredibly humorless organizations like the ATF, FBI, National Guard, &c. who are pretty well versed at tracking down criminals and seriously have nothing better to do than sniff out and arrest/perforate suspected terrorists. I doesn't work like it does in fractured Palestine and the other Sandboxistan nations the Bad Guys are traditionally operating in.

Just look at the stink that gets raised every time some poor sod gets caught doing pyrotech or trying to buy fertilizer, let alone the whackjobs that are running around lighting churches on fire and planting false bombs who are generating all types of law enforcement attention.

I'd give this one a miss.

Baba Louie
February 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
If WorldNet knows about it, I'd bet that local, state and federal agencies also are in the know and have satellite photo's etc.

Can you imagine if this group as a church, sponsored a Boy Scout Troop and actually taught them, you know, outdoor Boy Scout kinda stuff? It could be called a terrorist training camp. With specific goals of disrupting our government or commiting illegal activities, I don't think claiming to follow one's spiritual calling & guidance would cut the mustard. Of course it would remain to be proven that anyone was really, you know, out to mess with Uncle Sam. "Young Abdullah was just working on his "Marksmanship" Merit Badge officer. What is the problem?"

Heck, the city (town?), county or state could always "Eminent Domain" the place and sell it to the highest bidder for re-development (always to insure the best use, thus highest TAX base for the local community coffers, of course).

If they've got enough money, they can buy the entire town (or a nearby College) and put themselves in local office, ala Fairfield Iowa & the Maharishi Yogi's followers.

I'd hate for someone to equate Thunder Ranch or Gun Site, et al as "Terrorist Training Facilities"... but I reckon they could make a run at doing so...

DontBurnMyFlag
February 17, 2006, 12:39 PM
ROAD TRIP!!!

C'mon, whos down for some recon!? I know I am. :D

Well theres got to be a way to get someone to go with me...FREE BEER!

That should do it.

Anyway, Im sure even if they are training for combat, the govt knows about it. And even though its NY, there are still alot of gun-owners up there willing to defend their country. The govt's plan is probably isolate and destroy. Hell, they probably have an inside guy in there. IF, its a terrorist camp.

Sindawe
February 17, 2006, 12:44 PM
Wolrd Net Daily - the National Enquirer of the Net Remember, in addition to its own resources, WND also "reworks" and publishes stories from other news sources. Rarely do they cite the original source though. :mad:

Reading the article, while they don't sound very neighborly, thats not all the unusual in this country.An investigation of the group by the Colorado Attorney General's office in the early 1980s found several of the communities operate covert paramilitary training compounds, including one in a mountainous area near Buena Vista, Colo. Uh Oh :uhoh: I guess we've been found out. The group of folks I run with does the very same thing, in the very same area AND in the mountains around Boulder. We spends weekends out in the woods, dressed in BDUs, firing weapons of all sorts, engaging in small squad tactics drills and mock combat. Granted, the drills and combat uses paintball guns.

We also drink beer, scotch and mead, smoke cigars and cook up some of the best camp grub you've ever tasted. :neener:

Given the current tense releations 'tween the West and the Islamic world, I'd say this bears watching, but nothing more at this point.

Pilgrim
February 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Do you think Morris Dees will investigate Islamberg?

Pilgrim

belton-deer-hunter
February 17, 2006, 12:53 PM
right now america has a lot of enemys with mexico iraq korea and soon iran (dont ask how i know) but i think that we do need to go into a state of closed borders and secure our own home land first i am willing to defend my house and family are you?

Biker
February 17, 2006, 01:12 PM
Remember, in addition to its own resources, WND also "reworks" and publishes stories from other news sources. Rarely do they cite the original source though. :mad:

Reading the article, while they don't sound very neighborly, thats not all the unusual in this country. Uh Oh :uhoh: I guess we've been found out. The group of folks I run with does the very same thing, in the very same area AND in the mountains around Boulder. We spends weekends out in the woods, dressed in BDUs, firing weapons of all sorts, engaging in small squat tactics drills and mock combat. Granted, the drills and combat uses paintball guns.

We also drink beer, scotch and mead, smoke cigars and cook up some of the best camp grub you've ever tasted. :neener:

Given the current tense releations 'tween the West and the Islamic world, I'd say this bears watching, but nothing more at this point.

Um, Sindawe, about those "small squat tactics", are they easier to execute than say, big squat tactics? Are they done in cadence? Never mind, that's a visual I don't care to encourage.:neener:
Biker

Sindawe
February 17, 2006, 01:22 PM
Um, Sindawe, about those "small squat tactics", are they easier to execute than say, big squat tactics? Are they done in cadence? Never mind, that's a visual I don't care to encourage.
Biker Hmph.. Smart-Equus asinus:neener:

Biker
February 17, 2006, 01:25 PM
Tou-frickin-che!:)
Biker

Lone_Gunman
February 17, 2006, 02:55 PM
This is just more fear-mongering from the right.

They can't expand federal powers, wage foreign "wars", or further rape the Constitution unless the population is scared.

Are Bush's poll numbers sagging again or something?

Koobuh
February 17, 2006, 06:45 PM
Hell, they probably have an inside guy in there.

I'd think most of the persons at the camp are in fact intelligence personnel or being paid handsomely.
At least that's what I'd like to think my money is being used for, rather than wiretapping me and my family.

308win
February 17, 2006, 08:12 PM
Now is appropriate to write your state and federal representatives to urge an increase in the daily bag limit on domestic terrorists... currently it is one (1) per day (either sex) but I think it fitting and proper that State Wildlife Fish & Game and Federal Homeland Security agencies raise this bag limit to five (5) each day (either sex) and allow terrorist hunting on Sundays.

;)
Treat 'em like anyother vermin - no season, no bag limit.

progunner1957
February 17, 2006, 09:00 PM
Terrorists Training for war in the USA
So am I...:evil: :evil: :evil:

modifiedbrowning
February 17, 2006, 11:08 PM
Has this group done anything illegal? This is the land of the free, right?

Kodiaz
February 17, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well if they are in NY they'd be doing us a favor by taking it. Heck let's "appease" them and give them all the leftist parts of Ca too.

K-Romulus
February 18, 2006, 12:03 AM
But not what many might think . . .

The UK handgun ban was pushed in part because of social disapproval of IDPA-type training and matches ("the only reason to learn that sort of thing is to go out and kill people").

If I went to a defensive firearm training school, some loser, somewhere, could complain about "a middle eastern-looking (sic) man getting gun training.":rolleyes:

IMHO, it's only a matter of time before Thunder Ranch, Storm Mountain, private-side Blackwater, etc., get shut down due to "homeland security precautions.":uhoh:

Phyphor
February 18, 2006, 12:08 AM
Um, Sindawe, about those "small squat tactics", are they easier to execute than say, big squat tactics? Are they done in cadence? Never mind, that's a visual I don't care to encourage.:neener:
Biker

You know, that's taking parade drill entirely too far.... :evil: :barf:

Hawkmoon
February 18, 2006, 12:25 AM
Well if they are in NY they'd be doing us a favor by taking it. Heck let's "appease" them and give them all the leftist parts of Ca too.
Actually, according to a friend whose father lives there, upstate New York isn't all that bad. Mayhap we could appease the terrorist types if we give them NYC and the entire state of New Jersey. We keep Pennsylvania, though. Except for Philadelphia, PA is still part of the United States.

LoadAmmo
February 18, 2006, 12:32 PM

I seriously doubt it. This is just more fear mongering to spy on citizens (and thus - how convenient - serious gun owners and patriots at the same time).

Do a lookup on who owns World Net Daily - Joseph Farah.

Art Eatman
February 18, 2006, 03:17 PM
LoadAmmo, there's no doubt about the views and editorial policy of WND. But when they link to AP or the NYT on this stuff, I don't think you can say that it's disinformation from WND. And I've read of this terrorist camp stuff elsewhere...

Art

Lone_Gunman
February 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
If Bush is doing such a good job protecting us, you would think people running terrorist training camps would be in jail. Maybe the reason they are not is because they are contrived by someone who has a desire to escalate the War on Terror.

Either these places don't exist at all, or the people there have not broken any laws.

Manedwolf
February 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
That Islamville place...check out their site. The place was established by El-Sheikh Syed Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani.

The SAME Mubarik Ali Shah Gilani who is the suspect in the killing of journalist Daniel Pearl!!!

WHY is this allowed to operate in the US? Why? :fire:

ctdonath
February 18, 2006, 03:28 PM
With all due respect, what has WND accurately and relevantly reported on? Most of what I hear from WND is hysteria that something horrible is about to happen, even giving exact date & location, then ... nothing. Cycle repeats.

I really want to trust an outlet like WND, but the "cried wolf" rate is so high I can't take 'em seriously.

Warren
February 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
Could this be the start of a War on.....shooting schools?

Just get the masses terrified of these so-called terrorist camps and they will demand that all such places be shut down. And what will be shut down in the process? Gunsite, Thunder Ranch, Frontsight, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Terrorists Training for war in the USA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!