Enfield/Mauser Barrel Removal

PDA

-C4-
February 17, 2006, 01:47 PM
What is the best way to get the original barrel out? I don't care at all about the original barrels, I just don't want to bend the action. I also would prefer not to spend $150 on an action wrench for the action that I am going to use once. Should I heat it? If so what gas? Should I cut the barrel?

-C4-

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield/Mauser Barrel Removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Limeyfellow
February 17, 2006, 01:49 PM
The Enfield in particular requires a special tool for the barrel removal and installation. Not sure about the Mauser though.

-C4-
February 17, 2006, 01:50 PM
The Enfield in particular requires a special tool for the barrel removal and installation. Not sure about the Mauser though.

What tool? Links maybe?

rbernie
February 17, 2006, 01:52 PM
The Enfield in particular requires a special tool for the barrel removal and installation. What does this tool do? I was planning on just clamping the action in a vise (with an appropriately shaped wood insert to try and keep the receiver from bending too much) and then applying a BAW against the barrel until it unscrewed...

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield/Mauser Barrel Removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!