Anyone tried this bullet on game????

PDA

manitou210
February 17, 2006, 11:52 PM
I bought some Lost River 140gr J36 7mm bullets shot some with load I have for 140gr noslers, they shot as good as noslers 1/2" just under 3300fps but never shot anything with them, I posted same thread on Hunting Net and only got One reply the gentlman does testing on wet phone books, his .270 with nosler partitions go about 18" the lost rivers he tryed went through 24" and into a sand bank, he is a little conserned about hunting with them.
any feedback would be nice because these Lostrivers have a BC of 644 and shoot very very flat.
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone tried this bullet on game????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
February 18, 2006, 01:55 AM
only experience w/ 'em was not that good - but not enough experience to make a definitive statement.

take a look at your realistic hunting ranges, and determine if you really need that bc (and expense), especially since it is difficult to find a 7mm bullet w/ a bad bc.

beerslurpy
February 18, 2006, 02:02 AM
Wow 3300 fps and .644 BC? That is one hell of a reach. I might take up reloading just for that.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone tried this bullet on game????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!