SKS Adjustable Stock?

PDA

Woody_in_MN
February 18, 2006, 11:09 AM
I just got 2 SKS's. One I'm keeping stock, the other re-stock.

I have seen something called a T6 adjustable stock for the sks. Does anyone out there have one? If so, are they happy with it?

Thanks,

- w

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS Adjustable Stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
grimjaw
February 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
Woody, there are some reviews of that stock as well as pictures on SKSBoards (http://www.sksboards.com/forum/). Also lots of other good information.

jmm

rbernie
February 18, 2006, 01:58 PM
The T6 stock is sold by TAPCO (http://www.tapco.com/product_information.asp?number=STK66167B&back=yes&dept=170&last=9).

jrfoxx
February 18, 2006, 05:04 PM
I have the Tapco T6 on my WASR-10 GP and am very happy with it. I wouldnt see why it wouldn't be equally nice on an SKS. I like that I can adjust stock length for comfort based on the thickness of the clothing/jacket, etc I may be wearing at any given time. Also was easy to install and seems like it is ery solid and durable.

joab
February 18, 2006, 05:23 PM
I put on on a Yugo, took about half an hour, plus the hand guard.

The one with the kit does not come with it's own collet(?).
You have to drive the pin out of the existing one on your wood upper. For some reason mine was more like a rivet and did not come out. I ended up having to widdle the wood away as far as I could and pushing the collet out of the way.

I like the stock but would love it if it had a full butt like a Bennelli shotgun

MechAg94
February 18, 2006, 07:25 PM
Is that stock very solid? I kind of like the idea of a rifle with a good solid stock that makes a good hard club up close. Especially a rifle like an SKS.

joab
February 18, 2006, 07:30 PM
No it's just a simple plastic shell, lighter than the original staock.
A butt stroke would snap that extension off
The rifle is extremely barrelheavy with the T6 installed

If you enjoyed reading about "SKS Adjustable Stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!