Do it for the Children!

PDA

Dave P
April 14, 2003, 11:08 AM
LONDON -- London police on Monday warned owners of small pets to be on the alert for a large, hungry bird of prey that escaped from its owners while being exercised in a park.

Police appealed to residents to report sightings of Jazz, described as dark brown and 20 inches tall, with a 6-foot wingspan.

Police said hunger might drive Jazz to hunt rabbits, cats "or even small dogs."

"It is unlikely that he would attempt to catch small children as he lives with children at home," police said.

Lets see, would a 308 be suitable? Or maybe a 10 gauge?

If you enjoyed reading about "Do it for the Children!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Azrael256
April 14, 2003, 12:16 PM
while being exercised in a park I love how the Brits use passive voice all the time.
I was thinking about this over the weekend after I saw a hawk flying around the neighborhood. I'm thinking 12ga. with some 00 buck if you can get close enough to him.

spacemanspiff
April 14, 2003, 12:21 PM
i'd let the bird live. let it hunt rabbits, cats, or small dogs. in fact, the smaller and yappier the dog is, the better!

there was an eagle some years back, i think it was in juneau or somewhere along the panhandle, that swooped down and killed a tourists little miniature mutt. thats the circle of life. why mess with it?

life, feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on THIS IS NECESSARY!

If you enjoyed reading about "Do it for the Children!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!