struck me as interesting, worth the moments it took to read

PDA

alan
February 18, 2006, 04:06 PM
http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel.asp

If you enjoyed reading about "struck me as interesting, worth the moments it took to read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
February 18, 2006, 04:21 PM
Better copy it to your hard drive before revisionist historians get a hold of it. :barf:

Biker
February 18, 2006, 04:26 PM
Well worth the read.
Biker

geekWithA.45
February 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
Yup. Read it.

BigRobT
February 18, 2006, 08:40 PM
I find it fascinatingly odd that the REAL history, as I was taught, is STILL alive & well. Revisionists have already had the Texas History textbooks altered to portray the Mexicans in a better light than what actually was. It still stirs my heart and my soul to hear/read those words. Even though I live in Minnesota, now, I will always be a Texan by birth, blood, & spirit!!

That account of history seems to ring hauntingly familiar with today's ongoings. :(

fjolnirsson
February 18, 2006, 10:22 PM
Good Read.

Don't Tread On Me
February 18, 2006, 11:06 PM
He is correct 100%.

Freedom fighters ALWAYS beat professional armies IF their purpose is just and moral.

Americans do not believe victory is possible. While I don't believe we've reached a stage were armed revolution is necessary just yet - if it came to that point, no one believes victory is possible. The invincibility of the establishment has been well ingrained into everyone's mind. Everytime you flip on cable TV, there's 100 different shows on how great forensics are, or how great this new military weapon/tech is, or how fast and excellent the police is, and on and on and on...

If people only knew that sustainment of order is only based on a very, very fragile concept. Fear, the illusion of control/power and other ideas is what keeps everything from falling apart.

Note that everything wouldn't fall apart. One of the greatest lies of all time, perpetuated by none other than the government, is that mankind cannot function in a non-violent, non-chaotic way without the government to govern them by force. I'm not saying everything would be wonderful, but it wouldn't be outright madness like they'd have you believe. Only places this would occur is in places that meet the same social dynamic as New Orleans for example. Congested, diverse, impoverished, uneducated urban areas with a history of institutionalized government abuse which leads to mass resentment.

I hope it never has to come to it, but if it ever did - I know 100% that we the people have the power right there in front of us to defeat the richest and most technologically advanced professional tyrants in history. Now the real question is - do we have the guts?

Selfdfenz
February 19, 2006, 10:53 AM
THX for the post alan.

S-

alan
February 19, 2006, 12:17 PM
Chipperman wrote:

Better copy it to your hard drive before revisionist historians get a hold of it.
Yesterday 04:06 PM

As it seemed like a good idea, I just did. Problem is, of course, that computers and hard drives tend to be "delicate". I personally, have experienced FATAL CRASHES, AND TOTAL LOSS OF DATA. Of course, I had NOT maintained separate backups, which was my fault. Something for people to think on.

DRZinn
February 20, 2006, 01:57 AM
The Texans raised a flag that dared, "Come and Take It."Sounds familiar!

If you enjoyed reading about "struck me as interesting, worth the moments it took to read" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!