Just picked up a winchester 92...

PDA

jobu07
February 18, 2006, 07:36 PM
Nice looking rifle if I do say so myself. It is a full length, with a nickeled receiver and the wood is in prestine condition. Anywho, i'm curious if someone can tell me the year of manufacture. The serial number is as follows:

4801***

Thanks in advance! Hopefully i'll get another digital camera to replace that busted one soon and some pics will follow!

:D

Oh yes, price out the door was $250. Shoots pretty darn nice!

If you enjoyed reading about "Just picked up a winchester 92..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Real Hawkeye
February 18, 2006, 07:59 PM
Nice looking rifle if I do say so myself. It is a full length, with a nickeled receiver and the wood is in prestine condition. Anywho, i'm curious if someone can tell me the year of manufacture. The serial number is as follows:

4801***

Thanks in advance! Hopefully i'll get another digital camera to replace that busted one soon and some pics will follow!

Oh yes, price out the door was $250. Shoots pretty darn nice!You have too many digits in the serial number. They stopped making them at 1,001,324. That was 1932. The number you provided is four million, eight hundred and one thousand something.

jobu07
February 18, 2006, 08:03 PM
Whoops! I meant Winchester 94...:o lol. Those lil' typo's will getcha everytime.

The Real Hawkeye
February 18, 2006, 08:04 PM

4801***

Oh yes, price out the door was $250. Shoots pretty darn nice!If it's a model 94, it was made in 1978.

jobu07
February 18, 2006, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the timely response Hawkeye. It is indeed a 94. I'm really not quite sure why I typed out 92. Maybe I was typing what I was wishing? :)

The Real Hawkeye
February 18, 2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the timely response Hawkeye. It is indeed a 94. I'm really not quite sure why I typed out 92. Maybe I was typing what I was wishing? :)Can't blame you for that. The old 92s were very sweet. Hard to find one in good shooting condition, unless you are willing to pay through the nose, and then you wouldn't want to shoot it for fear of reducing its value.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just picked up a winchester 92..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!