Suggest me some .243 rifles for a southpaw.

PDA

Spec ops Grunt
February 18, 2006, 08:32 PM
Under $400 please.

The only two I can think of is Remington 700 or a Savage.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggest me some .243 rifles for a southpaw." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thatguy
February 18, 2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I was going to suggest a Ruger #1. I have a #1A1 in .243 and it looks and shoots great from either side. But I don't know if you can get even a used one for under $400.

JBP
February 18, 2006, 09:41 PM
If you are not adverse to a single shot take a look at the H&R Handi-Rifle. IMHO the best rifle for the money. I have a .243, .223 Bull Barrel, and a Ruger 204 Bull Barrel. Each one was under $250 scoped.

rangerruck
February 19, 2006, 02:14 PM
every now and a again, savage has a left hand 243 that will pop up, also old old mauser types such as post ww2 parker andhales will show themsleves in pawnshops in 243L. also some companies like steyer or hk make rifles that are modular, and the parts can be ambi attached.

mustanger98
February 19, 2006, 02:40 PM
I suggest either a Savage Model 11GL or a H&R HandiRifle. It just depends on which one you like better. I happen to like both. One's LH'd, and the others pretty much ambidextrous.

T.R.
February 19, 2006, 04:24 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/rushmoreman/sdremington1.jpg

Remington 7600 is a slide action rifle. But remove the magazine clip and hold it upside down. You can easily observe that this is a bolt action operated by a pump handle. Next you may note the free floated barrel and convenient safety.

This rifle is available in all the popular hunting cartridges. Easily topped with a quality scope, you can make deadly shots way out there. This antelope kid buck was toppled at approx. 275 yards with one shot through the chest. .243 cartridge with Black Hills Ammo 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip ammo.

Check out the used rack at Gun Stores and Pawn Shops for the slightly older model 760. Average pricing is $325. for an exceptional rifle. $275. is average for a used but not abused rifle. Badly scratched and neglected models can be purchased for $200. and LESS. GunsAmerica.com has a large inventory to look over.

Good hunting to you.
TR

Spec ops Grunt
February 19, 2006, 11:28 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c146/rushmoreman/sdremington1.jpg

Remington 7600 is a slide action rifle. But remove the magazine clip and hold it upside down. You can easily observe that this is a bolt action operated by a pump handle. Next you may note the free floated barrel and convenient safety.

This rifle is available in all the popular hunting cartridges. Easily topped with a quality scope, you can make deadly shots way out there. This antelope kid buck was toppled at approx. 275 yards with one shot through the chest. .243 cartridge with Black Hills Ammo 95 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip ammo.

Check out the used rack at Gun Stores and Pawn Shops for the slightly older model 760. Average pricing is $325. for an exceptional rifle. $275. is average for a used but not abused rifle. Badly scratched and neglected models can be purchased for $200. and LESS. GunsAmerica.com has a large inventory to look over.

Good hunting to you.
TR

:eek: I want one.

If you enjoyed reading about "Suggest me some .243 rifles for a southpaw." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!