Trade Question

PDA

camp_13
February 19, 2006, 11:25 AM
I might trade in a Browing A-bolt that I just never quite fit me. Is a guy better off leaving the scope on or removing it before trading? It has a Nikon Buckmasters with Signature Zee rings, on weaver-type bases. I don't mind trading off the scope - it is a sweet package, but I don't want to "give" away the scope either. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trade Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Alaska Dave
February 19, 2006, 11:39 AM
If you can, keep the scope, you never know when you'll need a spare. If the're willing to through extra $ in the pot for scope added then do it.

ID_shooting
February 19, 2006, 12:14 PM
my expirience (from working a gun counter part time and long time gun store fixture before that) it to remove your scope before trading, unless it is some super-spectacular scope, it will not factor much into the trade value.

What I do is un-mount all accesories, clean the trade gun very well, hit the stock with some furniture polish, touch up spots on the blueing with a permanent marker, clean the accesories up and bring them with me, I leave them in the car and use them for "deal sweetners) if needed.

dfaugh
February 19, 2006, 12:25 PM
+1 to ID

For some reason, when trading in a gun, you rarely get anywhere near the value of the scope. Seems like you get about the same money whether its a cheapo scope or a really nice one. If it's a decent scope, and you might have a use for it in the future, I'd take it out of the deal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Trade Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!