Thoughts on American Verses Russian Dot Scopes

PDA

glockamolee
February 19, 2006, 12:15 PM
I have a 7.62x39 AK, and I am looking at dot scopes for this rifle. I am considering that I need a "quick" dot verses a regular scope; I am aware of the EO-Tech and Trijicons (American Made, more $$) and the Russian dot scopes, which are considerably less in cost.

I want ruggedness and function; can I get this with the Russian dot scopes or is this a case of "you get what you pay for?"

If I was looking for a scope for a precision rifle, I would spend the 7 or 8 hundred. In my case, I want speed and durability; due to the purpose of the rifle.

Thanks for the insights.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on American Verses Russian Dot Scopes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
T.R.
February 19, 2006, 04:40 PM
My Dad (deceased 2004) hunted mule deer with his plain SKS carbine and a scope/mount from CABELA's. The scope had commie markings. He hunted with Winchester SUPER X 123 grain soft tip ammo. Dad knocked down 17 mulies in 9 years with this outfit. I think he shot one buck twice but remainder toppled after just one shot through the chest.

Dad would've sold off this carbine if it was a loser. He liked it a lot but after he died, we sold his SKS to help Mom with expenses. So it goes.

I prefer a lever action like Marlin or Glenfield.
TR

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on American Verses Russian Dot Scopes" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!