M1 Carbine Receivers

PDA

MechAg94
February 19, 2006, 03:13 PM
http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm

I appears that CMP has some M1 Carbine Receivers available. Does anyone have an idea of what it would cost to build a carbine from parts? Just trying to figure out if I thought it would be worth doing over just buying a used or reproduction carbine.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine Receivers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dfariswheel
February 19, 2006, 04:00 PM
Too many variables.

The price of GOOD parts varies wildly.

WHO builds the rifle also varies. Some builders charge more.
Getting it built by a top builder will cost more, than getting it built by Billy Bob on his kitchen table.

You can get the barrel installed by a good gunsmith, then assemble the rest of the rifle yourself, or get the tough stuff like barrel, sights and gas system installed by a pro, then assemble the easy stuff like the trigger group and stock yourself.

Getting a top builder like Fulton or one of the others to build you a complete finished rifle will cost.
However, you wind up with what amounts to a brand new, GI M1 Carbine.

As I said, too many variables.

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine Receivers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!