Thoughts on best holster for an XD 40?

PDA

Bako
February 19, 2006, 11:37 PM
I just got a Springfield XD 40 and not sure about the plastic holster that it came with.

What are the good holsters out there for a full size auto? I want full cover of the whole gun and one that keeps its form.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on best holster for an XD 40?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bill.l.johnson
February 20, 2006, 07:31 PM
I have an XD40 4" that works well in an Uncle Mikes triple retention holster.
Fits well, is secure and rides well.

bill

dairycreek
February 20, 2006, 07:48 PM
Bako

There are literally hundreds of choices you might make concerning a good holster for your XD. While there are many, many good choices you might make there is, in reality, no a priori "best choice"! Finding the best choice for you might/will take some research on your part until you find just the one. Let me get you started off with something to look at and consider.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/43a.jpg

This is a holster made by FIST (a good holster maker with reasonable prices) which can be used as an inside the waistband holster and an outside the waistband holster. It will provide you some flexibility and will be a good holster for your XD. Good luck as you search for your "best holster"!

treebeard
February 20, 2006, 10:31 PM
Try this link: http://gunnersalley.zoovy.com/c=pwVa7u3Svmt4O7PTXe3QGbx6S/

PCRCCW
February 24, 2006, 11:33 PM
Well, some thoughts from a twisted mind????????

The thick slide/rail on the XD would benefit from a dual loop arrangement thats spread out away from the gun. This will do two things. 1) Spread the weight out over a wider area...more balanced/comfy carry 2) Keep any additional thickness away from the already somewhat bulky gun/holster area. This will prevent the additional thickness of the holster/gun and belt/pant pressure from causing discomfort.

Dont go to high for rd ht....the weight of the hi cap mag in the poly framed gun can get out of balance. Stick to a good med ht unless the holster is designed for that style of carry.

Hope this helps.......look around and see whats out there.......

Shoot well.

aguyindallas
February 26, 2006, 09:20 PM
I have a Galco Pankcake type holster that I use once in a while when I carry it. It has a thumb break on it, which everyone has various opinions about. Good OWB carry rig though.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thoughts on best holster for an XD 40?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!