Remington Pump & Auto Triggeer Job?

PDA

panhandlepr
February 20, 2006, 11:59 AM
Has anyone done a trigger job on either of these two rifles? Have you any knowledge of any thread that may have information on how to do it? I have both of these rifles and both have the tipical heavy pulls which I hate. Would greatly appreciate any help that you could give me. Can't see taking them to a smith if I can do it myself.

Panhandlepr

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Pump & Auto Triggeer Job?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jax
February 20, 2006, 09:12 PM
The risk of making a mistake on my 870 trigger and either destroying a part or introducing a malfunction was not worth the benefit - to me.

I did some looking around and found an 870 'smith who was highly regarded on SHOTGUNWORLD.COM.

I sent my 870 trigger assembly to him and he had it back in just over a week. The trigger is much improved. I'd highly recommend you consider his services.

Here's his contact information:

ACTIONS BY R.A.K.
Ron Kontowsky
ronkontowsky(at)hotmail.com

He did it for $55.00 total, door-to-door. (At the time he was offering a discount for shotgunworld members.) I don't know what he charges now.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your search.

(edit - sorry, I forgot I was in the Rifle forum and posted my positive shotgun experience. I believe Ron does Remington rifle actions as well, though.)

Jax

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Pump & Auto Triggeer Job?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!