Gotta love little old ladies who fight back

PDA

Zundfolge
April 14, 2003, 08:36 PM
This was in this morning's paper

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmlol/2003/tmlol030414.gif

:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta love little old ladies who fight back" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
spacemanspiff
April 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
when my grandmother bought a house 15 yrs ago she got a little jennings .22, since she was living alone. we all figured she would shoot one of her kids or grandkids in the middle of the night. but i'm proud that she did want to have some thing to protect her. now she has one of her grandkids living with her at all times.

wonder what ever happened to that .22?

Blackhawk
April 14, 2003, 08:53 PM
:D

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
April 15, 2003, 04:17 AM
When my grandfather died in '58 my dad bought my grandmother a S&W snubbie in .32 S&W. I saw her shoot it a few times and it always resided either on her reading table in the den or on her nightstand. Occasionally if she went out of town any distance it'd go in the seat beside her. Things were different then, though, and her oldest son was a retired FBI agent and my dad was Army. She also was 'deputized' which meant she had the sheriff's business card with his handwritten public notice of said status on the back.

She was tough. She'd drive that Cadillac out into the pasture and get out crow-hopping among her cattle with a bucket of range cubes and a can of fly dust almost every day well into her 80's.

She was the kind of Texas woman who could defend herself with just a look toward any unruly roughneck in the oilpatch, yet never had to throw down even against the old coot who tried to get into her screen porch with a screwdriver against the door latch.
Better for him that he kept on moving down the rail line.

Regards,
Rabbit.

COHIBA
April 15, 2003, 07:46 AM
we had an 80+ grandmother shoot a goblin thru an interior door a week or so ago w/ a handgun. when interviewed she was asked about owning the handgun and she stated something like "i have a shotgun, too but i didnt get it because i just put down new countertops".

TheOtherOne
April 15, 2003, 12:20 PM
"i have a shotgun, too but i didnt get it because i just put down new countertops"

:D :D

Standing Wolf
April 15, 2003, 03:03 PM
Cute, but I have a hunch a .357 magnum would leave less of a mess.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gotta love little old ladies who fight back" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!