SW99 sights weirdness???

PDA

Bowlcut
April 14, 2003, 09:40 PM
Ok I just bought a SW99 not to long ago in .40 S&W and have been really happy with it, despite it not being a Walther :(. But it came with Trijcons already installed which I do like. But when I looked under the foam they did include the stock sights so that also made me happy. But it came with the European "U" rear sight instead of a 2 dot sight. Is this right? Ive not seen any SW99 with them....or did they just stick the wrong thing in the box? I thought it was very weird. Not that Im complaining too bad, just wanting to know for sure.

If you enjoyed reading about "SW99 sights weirdness???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Traithe
April 15, 2003, 10:04 PM
My Walther P99 came with the 2 Dot rear sight, so it may just be a S&W thing.

Bowlcut
April 15, 2003, 10:25 PM
Well every other Smith ive seen has the conventional 3 dot sights. My friend bought one from this area as well and he has the 3 dot sights.. Oh well just thought it was weird. I know the European P99 has the U sight but Ive never seen a Smith with it.

care-less
April 16, 2003, 04:53 PM
Maybe someone just forgot to paint the dots on!:)

If you enjoyed reading about "SW99 sights weirdness???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!