"Security Awareness Training"

PDA

Redfern
April 14, 2003, 08:56 PM
It is a Required 4 hour course for us Civil Servants. I almost gagged when the speaker covered a section on how to spot a Suicide Bomber on the job, and then what actions we should take.

1. Leave the area immediately.
2. DO NOT CONFRONT OR CHALLENGE THE INDIVIDUAL.
3. Notify your supervisor, or call 911, so trained LEO can respond.

What a sad state brainwashing is this? When I asked the "Executives" of my department to obtain "advanced written permission" to carry in the field, I was told that the "Firearms Prohibited Policy" is completely defensible in Washington State's AG's office, and I would lose my job. :banghead:

Don't they allow Isreali citizens to shoot on sight? Any guesses what percentage of Isreali citizins are armed in the course of the day?

If you enjoyed reading about ""Security Awareness Training"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
larry_minn
April 15, 2003, 03:15 AM
Facts are facts. They would rather you and others be killed by Terrorists then the chance that someone who goes thru all hoops/training/tests should accidnetly injure someone.

Guntalk
April 15, 2003, 07:03 AM
Job?

Life?

Job?

Life?

Job?

Life?

Ol' Badger
April 15, 2003, 07:59 AM
I would take the course just to know when it will be a good time to take my break at! :D

KY Moose
April 15, 2003, 08:16 AM
That is the same thinking and conditioning that allowed three passenger planes to be hijacked and used as air to surface missiles on September 11, 2001. Thank God the brave people of Flight 93 decided they were going to fight back and choose not to go down without a fight, because it would be hard to say what would have happened if they just sat back for the ride like the other flights.

It's sad that things are so bad that goverment and the private sector have to result to cowardice instructions and creating defenseless victim zones just for the sake of being PC and not opening themselves up to law suits for giving the OK to take action if someone decides to kill off you and everyone else around you.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Homeland Security is you and me, period. I can go on and on about this, but I feel that I am preaching to the choir.

Leatherneck
April 15, 2003, 04:33 PM
I volunteered to give a one-hour pitch to our 50 or so folks here in the Pentagon. I stuck to basic disaster preparedness and communications planning, and toward the end, I showed and discussed a couple of sample inventories for a bugout bag. All the samples I was able to find gave at least passing consideration to "gun". When I got to that part, I said "If any of you are interested, I'll be happy to chat with you after about weaponry." Everybody stayed but one fussy admin type. :D Sadly, firearms are a strict no-no here on Federal property. :mad:

TC
TFL Survivor

blades67
April 15, 2003, 09:59 PM
How about the Law of Competing Harms?

tommytrauma
April 16, 2003, 02:08 PM
I might get flamed for this, but here goes!
That is the same thinking and conditioning that allowed three passenger planes to be hijacked and used as air to surface missiles on September 11, 2001. Thank God the brave people of Flight 93 decided they were going to fight back and choose not to go down without a fight, because it would be hard to say what would have happened if they just sat back for the ride like the other flights.

It's sad that things are so bad that goverment and the private sector have to result to cowardice instructions and creating defenseless victim zones just for the sake of being PC and not opening themselves up to law suits for giving the OK to take action if someone decides to kill off you and everyone else around you.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Homeland Security is you and me, period. I can go on and on about this, but I feel that I am preaching to the choir.

Flamed??? How about applauded?

I am not a sheep, and I will NOT act like one.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone else noticed how well a P-32 conceals? Gosh, I imagine someone could have something like that with them all the time, with no one ever knowing unless something catastrophic happens.

larry_minn
April 16, 2003, 02:57 PM
In all fairness Prior to 9-11 I would have done the same. Unless shown a easy/clear/solid chance to take out BGs in plane I would sit back until/unless people started getting killed. Otherwise I KNOW I would be thrown in jail and sued.
Now I check out pass before anyone boards. I rate folks and when on plane I take my time while stowing my carry on to scan cabin. Then I make a trip to bathroom asap to see who is where and what they look like. Normally at that point I can read a book as nobody rates. I had two Air Marshells on one flight. By end of flight we were communicating and we never said a word to each other. That is the ONLY flight I have been on that I think there have been air marshells on. :(

If you enjoyed reading about ""Security Awareness Training"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!