How Full??

PDA

dtalley
February 25, 2006, 03:40 PM
How full do you fill your Vibe. Tumbler with Media. I just purchase the Frankfort Arsenal one and have it about 1/2 full of Tuffnut, but was wondering how full does everyone else go.

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "How Full??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Bushmaster
February 25, 2006, 03:43 PM
Somewhere between 2/3 or a little more of Olson's Tumbler Media.:)

JDGray
February 25, 2006, 03:50 PM
2/3 for me also. Let us know how the walnut stuff works.:)

ATAShooter
February 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
Up to the center wingnut inside

R.W.Dale
February 25, 2006, 06:00 PM
I've found that cases get cleaner faster if you don't use any more media than neccacary. Say your tumbling 20 30-06 cases, just fill the tumbler up enough to cover the majority of the cases with the motor on, of course 900 9mm cases will require more media. Bacically it comes down to less weight = more vibration.

CB900F
February 26, 2006, 01:00 PM
dtalley;

Generally speaking, the fuller the better. Get it full of brass & add as much media as will fit without being stupid about it. They work more efficiently when full. You do want to watch things like trying to clean .45 ACP & 9mm brass in the same batch. The 9's will invariably turn into the .45's & the media will then wedge them together, creating many interesting minutes spent prying them apart while the kids, the dog, or anybody else for about 900 yards, learns the extent of your creative vocabulary.

:evil: 900F

trickyasafox
February 26, 2006, 01:19 PM
i have the frankford tumbler and i fill it just enough to barely touch the center bolt.

BigSlick
February 26, 2006, 03:30 PM
3/4 full of media, then add as much brass as will still allow good movement/circulation of the brass.

Mine works MUCH better loaded almost full - it's quieter too.

I use the Lyman 2500 Pro Magnum. I have 1000 45 ACP, and over a gallon of media running in it as I post this. It will be clean and looking great in a couple of hours.

BigSlick

YellowLab
February 27, 2006, 10:49 AM
I fill my Frankford tumbler about 1/2 full. Add brass, then top off till the media is about 1 inch from the top while tumbling.

Cherokee
February 27, 2006, 11:00 AM
About 2/3 rd full. You can mix brass if you put the larger cases in first, let them run a few minutes, then add the next smaller case. The cases fill with the media and usually block the entry of smaller cases. I have cleaned 45 ACP, 9mm, 25 ACP in the same batch.

Lennyjoe
February 27, 2006, 11:38 AM
Up to the center wingnut inside
Ditto.

kimbernut
February 27, 2006, 02:48 PM
seems better tumbling action with more media to a point. A couple of inches from the plexiglas top plate seems to work well but I must admit I've not tried only half full.

g56
March 1, 2006, 12:33 AM
2/3 is about right, I never really bothered to set a specific level, but my Mark 1 eyeball ends up with about 2/3 automatically.

If you enjoyed reading about "How Full??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!