Fitting Question RE: Benelli M1S90

PDA

fellow14
February 25, 2006, 09:40 PM
I initially PM'ed SM as he is THRís resident shotgun fitting proponent, and he indicated I would be better served to post in the forum, as Benellis aren't really his area of expertise.

My question is: Is it possible to adjust the fit of the Benelli synthetic stock? I have had the stock off a couple times and I just don't see how I can shorten the length of pull without some serious modding. Any ideas or suggestions? The pic is so you can see which stock I am dealing with. I also have the factory synthetic non-PG stock if that would help me any.

http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/305/338/7806.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Fitting Question RE: Benelli M1S90" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
February 25, 2006, 10:01 PM
I was going to post this question on your behalf. :)

I keep telling you folks I ain't that smart.

This makes thrice today I have gotten from underneath my rock. :p

In PM I suggested fellow14 pay attention to : mnrivrat, Dave, Lee, Preacherman, and dfarriswheel for starters.

Yes there are others here, but I am older, and probably didnt' spell those usernames correctly...

I admit I have not spent a lot of time with Benellis. The ones I did back when were wood stocked. Synthetic stocks...not kept up on them per se'. I have my druthers and ...under my rock I only have room for so much, mostly old ways and old stuff.

I can reply to a PM to another why me giving peppermint to dogs is a good thing and substantiate a stick of beef jerky in ones' pocket makes one hit targets better and harder.
I can handle that one all by myself. :p

<lifts rock, crawls under, rock falls back down>

Steve

fellow14
February 25, 2006, 10:30 PM
Did I misunderstand? Lol sorry I guess I jumped the gun.

sm
February 25, 2006, 10:47 PM
No you did not misunderstand. :p

I learn from others. I sometimes post questions for folks, or seek answers for folks that are newer and are not comfortable asking themselves.

Just the way I am...

Tell anyone I care and want folks to get correct, safe and useful information...

One should see what all goes on off forum, via PM, Email and Landline...

Besides this post bumps this question back to top.

" I are good" at some stuff around here...:uhoh: :)

Dave McCracken
February 26, 2006, 10:21 AM
I'm not the best one to advise on synthetics, no gunsmith I. But....

How do you know it needs shortening? Is it hard to mount? Most folks over 5'6" can handle a standard stock, though maybe not optimally.

First, if indeed you need a short stock, check with Benelli. They may have an alternate stock and/or pad more to your measure.

If all else fails, pay a smith to bob that one and reinstall a pad. Cutting synthetics requires some health precautions that rule out most home work.

fellow14
February 26, 2006, 01:20 PM
It just doesn't feel right. It is hard to describe. It doesn't need to be a whole bunch shorter, just a little.

Duke of Lawnchair
February 27, 2006, 04:42 PM
^^^^

Take a gander over here:

http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=gearforsale&Number=17930&Searchpage=1&Main=14705&Words=benelli&topic=&Search=true#Post17930

If you enjoyed reading about "Fitting Question RE: Benelli M1S90" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!