the cheapest .22 lr i've ever seen

PDA

mattw
February 26, 2006, 10:32 PM
Federal Champion 40gr .22lr, a 500 round brick for $7. I bought 1000 rounds of ammo for $14. Anyone else tried this stuff? i haven't shot any yet but if it is remotely accurate and doesn't jam every 20 rounds i'll defienetly buy the store out.

If you enjoyed reading about "the cheapest .22 lr i've ever seen" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hksw
February 26, 2006, 11:18 PM
Where is this?

mattw
February 26, 2006, 11:20 PM
Academy Sports & Outdoors

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
February 28, 2006, 02:10 PM
Missfires in her Smith41 about one in thirty. But it's just as accurate as her target ammo.

-Steve

P95Carry
February 28, 2006, 02:26 PM
Wow - that is a stellar price for sure!:eek:

I choose and use the Champion for my 22/45 for pin shooting. It has been the best I have found for reliability after trying a lot of stuff - not either wanting to buy top price ammo.

I cannot get it for less than $10 normally, either from K-Mart or even my bulk supplier, who does consumables at near wholesale prices.

$7 - almost too good to be true - I'd be buying two cases!!

JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone
February 28, 2006, 04:28 PM
I've seen Winchester T-22's in a Ruger MKII in a Ransom Rest. One ragged hole at 25yds. The recent lot has given me the most missfires, about four in 500. But that's at $17.50 per 500. Sunday morning I had eight 10's in one of my slow fire targets. That's accuracy I like and will stick with.

Last year I shot some Federals. Not normally my favorite brand for ammunition, but for the rimfire, they were accurate and reliable. I might just have to pick some of these up soon for the boys. ( I wonder if Wally World stocks them? )

-Steve

Firehand
February 28, 2006, 06:03 PM
I've had very good results with them in a number of rifles and handguns. In fact, in two BSA Martini rifles, they'll shoot 1.5" or better groups at 100 yards.

In my kid's rifles, they're the most reliable and most accurate stuff we've tried. I stopped calling it 'cheap' ammo; it's definately inexpensive, high-quality stuff.

That being said, some firearms are very picky about what they'll digest; give them a try.

If you enjoyed reading about "the cheapest .22 lr i've ever seen" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!