Mossberg 935

PDA

andyt
February 27, 2006, 04:03 PM
I am looking for a good goose gun for the harsh wisconsin conditions and saw an add in the sunday flyer for a mossberg 935. are these guns any good? why are they so much cheaper than your x2 or sbe>? i have heard thye have jamming problems but i would like more opinions. any help is great!

andy

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 935" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ArmedBear
February 27, 2006, 04:22 PM
How cheap is cheap?

On the manufacturing side: they're gas operated, which is a totally different action from the SBE, patented and known for reliability. SBE has a bunch of high-tech features; 935 is a basic wood, aluminum, and steel gun.

On the demand side: 935 is a specialized gun that shoots only specialized ammo: 3" or 3.5" only and prefers ammo made for its overbore barrel AFAIK.

WRT the X2... People love the X2, but I think Winchester charges a bit too much for it. Winchester's marketing problem with most of its guns was the price point, IMO. It steered me to other companies' products. Winchester O/U prices aren't at all bad for what they are, though I understand there have been problems.

What I have no idea about, here in San Diego, is how well various guns and designs would work in Wisconsin Winters. I won't venture to guess. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Mossberg 935" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!