Do you think?

February 27, 2006, 10:13 PM
Can a man find a decent gun safe for about $750? I'm looking for one in the Memphis/ Little Rock vicinity. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you think?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
February 27, 2006, 10:18 PM
Cabelas is the first place I'd begin shopping.... here is a direct link to gun safes.

Ala Dan
February 27, 2006, 10:19 PM
Well, yes I do. Maybe even a Liberty Centurion? I just recently bought
a Liberty 25 gun glossy Colonial series, that was on sale for $999.88
+ tax. I don't know what my final cost will be on it, cuz I get a huge
discount as this was bought from my employer. We are in the sporting
goods and/or gun shop business. I think our Liberty Centurion's are on
sale for $799.88?

February 27, 2006, 10:22 PM
My local Lowe's has a very nice fire rated gun safe with electronic keypad on dale from $789 to $579. I think it is like 16 sq ft. They also have the smaller 8.2 sq ft models for $385.

February 27, 2006, 10:44 PM
I could by a Winchester safe at Sam's Club, but the wife has agreed to let me spend a little more for a somewhat better safe. I have located a safe at a place called Fort Thompson Sporting Goods in Little Rock. Has there name on it, but made by Browning. 1200 degrees F/30 minutes 12/24 interior 60x30x22 510 lbs. for $649. They are out of stock today, but they are expecting some in 2 weeks.

Enlighten me on the Liberty Centurion

Ala Dan
February 27, 2006, 11:13 PM
3/4" body construction
12 gauge carbon steel body
4" composite door
fire rated: 1200 degrees for 30 minutes
entry level fire/heat protection of one layer of 5/8" fireboard

UL rated residential security container
triple case hardened steel plate to guard against drill attack on lock
5-1" diameter locking lugs
cam drive lock with slip clutch
UL rated S&G Group II security
3 in 1 Flex Interior
3-spoke handle

FootNote- This is considered by many to be the entry level of gun safes,
at bargain prices. I went one step further, and bought the 25 gun Colonial series that has many more features, and weighs 565 lbs.

February 27, 2006, 11:45 PM
If you buy a safe you might want to investigate an IRS regulation that permits you to deduct, once and only once, the cost of a safe for the purpose of providing a secure place to store your tax records. I have only heard rumors of this regulation's existence and I don't have a reference for you. It has the ring of truth though, and is probably worth investigating for such a substantial investment.

If it's true, deduct the cost of the safe and make sure you throw your tax records in there along with whatever other valuables you deem appropriate. :D

March 1, 2006, 07:38 AM
thanks for the ideas :)

April 25, 2006, 04:45 PM
You might want to check out

If you enjoyed reading about "Do you think?" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!