Talk about a bi-polar day. NRA/DSCC

PDA

PlayboyPenguin
February 28, 2006, 03:18 PM
I know these two things should not be mutually exclusive but I am betting some people would find them contradictory. On the very same day I both re-joined the NRA (because even though I do not agree with everything they do I am convinced they are the best voice for legal gun ownership) and sent a donation to the DSCC (I am a registered rep. but did this due to outrage over the Abramoff scandals and the warrantless wiretap issues). Talk about confusing some leftists. They won't know whether to hug me or look down on me with rightous indignation. I almost prefer the later. I am not very comfortable with touchy feely stuff. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Talk about a bi-polar day. NRA/DSCC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
fourays2
February 28, 2006, 04:06 PM
it would also be nice if political parties didn't choose which civil rights to support.

'Card
February 28, 2006, 04:27 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to assume that all members of the Deep Sea Conservation Coalition (http://www.savethehighseas.org) are leftists. I'm a far-right libertarian, and not a DSCC (http://www.savethehighseas.org) member - but I still think fish are pretty nifty.

PlayboyPenguin
February 28, 2006, 04:30 PM
'Card, I did not even know such a group existed.
I hope they will use my donation to drop Abramoff overboard somewhere as chum. :D

JohnBT
February 28, 2006, 04:35 PM
"The Division of Specialized Care for Children, DSCC, provides services for Illinois children with special health care needs."

Aw, you old softie. ;)

John

PlayboyPenguin
February 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
JohnBT, while I must admit I am an old softie; I am not big on those rude lil' midgets that everyone calls children.:D

Cortland
March 1, 2006, 12:03 AM
sent a donation to the DSCC (I am a registered rep. but did this due to outrage over the Abramoff scandals and the warrantless wiretap issues)
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

ReadyontheRight
March 1, 2006, 12:20 AM
I commend your contribution to the DSCC (http://www.dscc.dla.mil/about/).

Throughout the world, the Defense Supply Center, Columbus, is known to more than 24,000 military and civilian customers and 10,000 contractors, as one of the largest suppliers of weapons systems spare parts.

While I'm sure they are well-supported by the taxes we all pay, I'm sure your contribution helps ensure constancy of purpose in meeting the readiness needs of America's Warfighters.

(I am a registered rep. but did this due to outrage over the Abramoff scandals and the warrantless wiretap issues)

I'm not sure how this is related to the Abromoff payola to Democrat and Republican politicians or the fact that both Democrat and Republican administrations have felt it necessary to spy on US citizens ('course for the Clintons spying on "terrorists" seemed to be just an inside the USA issue until we suddenly learned about Osama Bin Laden and the need to shoot cruise missles at him on the same day Monica Lewinski testified), but hey...supply and logistics ARE important to winning the war.

PlayboyPenguin
March 1, 2006, 01:47 AM
Readyonthe Right, I donated the money to the DSCC to help promote an independent investigation of the wiretaps issue which the current admistration has been blocking.:)

gunsmith
March 1, 2006, 04:56 AM
I don't get it...and whats wrong with wiretapping people calling Al Queda?

I have an old friend in SF, CA. He allways votes green party, doesn't like the Dem's because they are to far to the right!

he voted for kukinich and has no problem with NYC style gun laws and even he donated to the NRA because of the SF gun ban

gunsmith
March 1, 2006, 05:01 AM
bah, the only way the Dem's could get my vote back would be a national ccw reciprocity

If you enjoyed reading about "Talk about a bi-polar day. NRA/DSCC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!