Simmons 42MM Red Dot

PDA

RecoilRob
March 2, 2006, 12:32 AM
I just got one of these from Midway and am amazed to say it cost all of $36.99. Was I expecting a lot? NO! COME ON!! It is only 37 bucks!

So, I unboxed the device and....hey! Pretty nice looking little device. Nice finish. Bolted on the PLR-16 just fine.

Turned it on and.............uh,oh. Problem. I cannot see the dot. The scale goes from 1 to 11 and I could NOT see the dot below 9. Hmmm.....not good. Also, the LED projector was plainly visible at all settings. Again, NOT GOOD.

OK, I know. It only cost 36 bucks and it MUST be a POS. Right? Only thing was, the thing looked SO nice! Nicely finished. Nice box. Might there be something I could do here?

So...I checked the windage and elevation adjustments to see if they were centered. HaH!! Not centered! By a mile!

Rough adjustment of both elevation and windage to make the dot align with the iron sights made a miracle happen. The dot is now visible at the lowest setting! And, REALLY BRIGHT on 11. Looks like there is nothing wrong with the sight except it was set to the extremes from the factory and that made it look like it wasn't working right.

Wonder how many of these get sent back for the same things I found? But, for 36 bucks and change, it seems to be a whale of a red dot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Simmons 42MM Red Dot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Simmons 42MM Red Dot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!